• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wouldn't read too much into the performance. They adapted to the conditions better than we did.

Thought Sawyer was incredible tonight when he had the ball. Grant was quality as well. Not really on the Timlin hype train, I think he's the weakest part of the midfield.

Agree all round, Sawyer was excellent, and Grant got his foot on the ball which relieved a lot of pressure.

Timlin is woefully out of sorts, yet again after a bright start he's regressed to being a passenger.

I was impressed with Sampson, he drew defenders with him and opened up space, which unfortunately wasn't utilised on the whole. His touch and technique was excellent in difficult decisions, and one or two flicks nearly came off. Harris wasn't great on the ball, but he used his experienced to guide us through with 9 men.

I wouldn't read too much into the performance. They adapted to the conditions better than we did.

With all due respect beefy weve played like that at home for nearly all of 2012. So I do read something into it. If we cant adapt to a bit of wind and rain then that doesnt bode well. Conditions dont stop a player finding a team mate from 5 yards either!

Was it just me, or did anyone else think the wind and rain dropped a bit for the second half?

I thought the first half was all square and after their good start in the second half, we lost Barker and they began to get on top. The brief cameo of Dickinson livened things up. He should have started IMO with the conditions as they were against their two massive centre backs. So many negatives on here already. I loved the way we battled. Prosser threw himself at the ball.

Them being on top didn't start after the red card, they were cautious and measured in the first half and dominated from 45 onwards. Sorry if I'm being negative, if Crawley had a goalscorer that would have been a perfect away performance from them and everyone on here would be saying Sturrock is useless and the team doesn't want it.
Instead tonight might just be the result we need to push on, Sawyer was good on the ball, Harris led well, and of course Belford was excellent.

just got back from the game and wanted to watch again but forgot to sky plus, any ideas how I can watch again?

Before the penalty though they didn't create a real opening, which suggests we defended much better again. That's where the team unity is showing IMO

We battled well in the 2nd half with 10 then 9 men , but in the first half we gave the ball away to easily and didnt show enough creative play. Keeper played really well and got us a point, top man! I sure there is still better to come from the team this season, just hope its not to late in the season.
At least we are still hanging in there, although we are not playing that great just now.

With all due respect beefy weve played like that at home for nearly all of 2012. So I do read something into it. If we cant adapt to a bit of wind and rain then that doesnt bode well. Conditions dont stop a player finding a team mate from 5 yards either!

Fair play. That's only the third home game I've seen in 2012. I just assumed it was down to the weather.

Listening to Belford and Harris after the game, the overriding theme was UNITY!

Me thinks with Moshni out of the way things have settled down in the club and I think that bodes well for the rest of the season.

We played better when we were down to nine and ten men, I don't thing the conditions tonight were conducive to pretty football.

Listening to Belford and Harris after the game, the overriding theme was UNITY!

Me thinks with Moshni out of the way things have settled down in the club and I think that bodes well for the rest of the season.

We played better when we were down to nine and ten men, I don't thing the conditions tonight were conducive to pretty football.

Hall was missing as well.

And I thought Dicko harried well but Kane showed no interest.

Back