• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Morecambe FC

The positives are we scored and Grimsby are petitioning for the season to be suspended as they have to miss the next 3 games due to covid

First half showed promising signs but after that dog**** second half, I'm not sure whether the first half was more about us being decent or Morecambe only playing in second gear.

There are far, far too many weak links in this team. The centre backs were playing simply aren't good enough - both Morecambe goals showed that. Egbri is full of energy but he has absolutely no end product - much the same can be said about Green perhaps. Bwomono looked poor again and Kelman looked half a yard off the pace again when he came on. Everything in the second half was sloppy and lazy. Misplaced passes all over the shop, wrong passes continually being chosen, sloppy loss of possession all the time. Nobody moving off the ball and offering an outlet. Just not good enough, and there are several players who played today that I just can't see improving enough to be where we need them to be.

Further deep surgery needed. We are nowhere near.

to quote Ron Martin, were a million miles away...

FWIW,I think Hobson and Taylor are the worst CB pairing I've ever seen play for us.

Eddie May took a lot of stick from the Roots Hall faithful when we went down in 65/6 but he turned out to be a decent enough player.............for Wrexham.

we're obviously doomed.

Embarrassing. It just continues. Bright spots are Taylor looks promising, hardly gave the ball away. Good to see Demi back.
Everything else was just terrible. Even the first half we were lucky to be in front after a few scrambles in our box. We only had one shot!

No shots on target today, one at Carlisle and two against Harrogate. We just don’t move it forward quickly enough. We stroll everywhere. Tip tap slowly slowly.

Kelman seems to have learnt from Cox and Kiernan.
Goodship well - he’s not good enough even for league 2 - everything is so laboured.
Wingers just stand on the touch line waiting for the ball.
No threat whatever.
Can’t see us scoring this season.

Embarrassing. It just continues. Bright spots are Taylor looks promising, hardly gave the ball away. Good to see Demi back.
Everything else was just terrible. Even the first half we were lucky to be in front after a few scrambles in our box. We only had one shot!

He can't pass the ball to anyone in a Blue shirt to save his life.

Until Demi macca deing Lennon white and Akinola are all starting together we will continue to loose to young to lightweight and not up to it!!!

FWIW,I think Hobson and Taylor are the worst CB pairing I've ever seen play for us.

Eddie May took a lot of stick from the Roots Hall faithful when we went down in 65/6 but he turned out to be a decent enough player.............for Wrexham.

we're obviously doomed.

Wasn‘t down to them why we lost though.
No threat up the other end.

Unsure. I'd argue the standard of each team has been worse each week which has me worried.

We play like an academy side, which we sort of are at the moment. We look pretty on the edge of our own box but lack any real substance in the final third.

We did play some nice stuff in the first half I'm not doubting that, but I'm really unsure if I think we're improving each game at present. I honestly thought Morecambe were pretty poor in that first half rather than us dictating it

I wouldn't disagree that the standard of each team has been worse but I think Kyle Taylor would have moved the ball around well against Harrogate too and that Acquah would have given us more up front as well.

I don't think the standard is great in L2. I think there are plenty of teams like Morecambe and Carlisle.

A lot of the game at this level is about confidence. We don't have that at the moment and we need to grind out some results.

Wasn‘t down to them why we lost though.
No threat up the other end.

Disagree. We were 1-0 up. Both were largely at fault for the equaliser (people can bleat about the quality of the ball in as much as they like but if your CBs are going to ball watch and let a striker ghost in between them like that then there's no hope) and partly for their 2nd goal too.

I wouldn't disagree that the standard of each team has been worse but I think Kyle Taylor would have moved the ball around well against Harrogate too and that Acquah would have given us more up front as well.

I don't think the standard is great in L2. I think there are plenty of teams like Morecambe and Carlisle.

A lot of the game at this level is about confidence. We don't have that at the moment and we need to grind out some results.
I hope you're right mate

Back