• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Another BIG home game for us and an equally important game for the visitors.

There have been suggestions that Rovers will "park the bus" however they may recognise the need for 3 points.
The pitch looks good, the weather is fine & we need a large and correctly noisy support.

IMO the team picks itself in that there is no reason to change the defence or the midfield - how could Willo be dropped after scoring in consecutive games?

The only big decision is who partners Barry up front and who is on the bench.

I'm thinking Pig will start and Westy will be in the stands with Kevan back on the bench.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of the pig but he has been in a little dip of form of late and a rest might do him good. Plus Cassidy is bound to score one sooner or later surely.

Would love to see the new winger and worrall on both wings but theres no way you can drop atkinson at the moment. Worrall will be very useful to come off the bench though.

A tough game against a team fighting for there lives.

I'd be happy with a scrappy 3 points. I think Wycombe are playing Cheltenham at home so I doubt we will make up any ground but we must win to stay in touch and the game against bury in hand may be crucial.

I am a big fan of the pig but he has been in a little dip of form of late and a rest might do him good. Plus Cassidy is bound to score one sooner or later surely.

Would love to see the new winger and worrall on both wings but theres no way you can drop atkinson at the moment. Worrall will be very useful to come off the bench though.

Yes, we probably need to create a space for an extra midfielder.

How about 4-5-1!:winking:

A tough game against a team fighting for there lives.

I'd be happy with a scrappy 3 points. I think Wycombe are playing Cheltenham at home so I doubt we will make up any ground but we must win to stay in touch and the game against bury in hand may be crucial.

You say we need to win to stay in touch but with both Wycombe and ourselves playing the bottom 2 there may be a surprise result somewhere. Let's hope it's at Wycombe.

Another BIG home game for us and an equally important game for the visitors.

There have been suggestions that Rovers will "park the bus" however they may recognise the need for 3 points.
The pitch looks good, the weather is fine & we need a large and correctly noisy support.

IMO the team picks itself in that there is no reason to change the defence or the midfield - how could Willo be dropped after scoring in consecutive games?

The only big decision is who partners Barry up front and who is on the bench.

I'm thinking Pig will start and Westy will be in the stands with Kevan back on the bench.

With Hartlepool away at York this weekend I don't think Tranmere can afford to park the bus to be honest. At this stage of the season they need to win.

We really are into the business end of the season now and therefore those that have played the last two matches and got us 6 points will be the ones to start against Tranmere. Brown will decide the exact line up and I will be happy with that because I'm happy with him (at the moment). The only change I would make is to swop Hurst for Weston.

Tranmere are in a relegation place and really need the three points. I reckon they will come and give it a real go, we just need to remember that we must do the same.

Think we should rest Corr, Bentley and Coker. No real reason why, except they've earned a nice rest.:whistling:

Anything can happen at this stage of the season, but one thing is for certain - Cheltenham will lose at Wycombe Saturday.

Tranmere looked a decent side when we played earlier in the season - another hard game to win (aren't they all?)

Marc Laird may well be in the Tranmere team and they have a couple of proven goal scorers plus Power has attracted attention from other teams.

Cassidy looked game at Hartlepool - so no need to change - but then Pigott seems to have more "something" in front of goal.

I think Brown will opt for the same team again (baring injuries and knocks). :thumbsup:

If a team is going to come and park the proverbial, it's important to have players with pace to get the darting challenges in behind them. For that reason, I'd bring Worrall in if fit, and I'd also start Cassidy as I feel he is a bit more tenacious than Piggot. If Corr was fit enough to play 2 in 4, then there's no reason to "rest" him Saturday, Pubey, what a daft suggestion!

Think we should rest Corr, Bentley and Coker. No real reason why, except they've earned a nice rest.:whistling:

Corr should be rested for the rest of the season :dim:,Cassidy should be flogging programmes in the car park:dim:

Tranmere are going to be the ones that finally get a hammering from us, I am putting my neck on the line here and going for a 4-0 home win Barry Corr with 2 goals and 1 each from Leonard and Pigott. Attendance 6244

Tranmere are going to be the ones that finally get a hammering from us, I am putting my neck on the line here and going for a 4-0 home win Barry Corr with 2 goals and 1 each from Leonard and Pigott. Attendance 6244

I like it. I'm going for 3-1

Really good chance to put 3 or 4 past a woeful side. Like the Mansfield game key is an early goal. Solid defence and the likes of Atkinson and Corr in good form. C'mon boys let's finally give someone a good stuffing and send a message to the teams around us.

Can't work out if the Trannies will come for a point, or the win. I suppse they'll pack the defence and hope to nick the three points on the counter. So it'll be another tough day at the office for us trying to get through a barricade of defenders. A 0-0 draw looms.

Back