• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers - Saturday 13 April 2019

Team choice plus win / lose / draw

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • John White

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 124 84.4%
  • Sam Hart

• Taylor Moore

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 82 55.8%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 79 53.7%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 78 53.1%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • __________

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Win

Votes: 90 61.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
Rochdale win and we go bottom four for the first time. It's added pressure we can do without, or is it?
Maybe it will focus minds even more, he hopes.

Rochdale win and we go bottom four for the first time. It's added pressure we can do without, or is it?
Maybe it will focus minds even more, he hopes.

Bottom line is, we win 3 of our last 5 games we should be ok. No point looking at other struggling teams fixtures, just focus on ours.
If we don't secure the necessary results, then it's our fault?.

Massive pressure on us now this Saturday. Wycombe are as bad as us and we are overdue a win so let’s hope that comes this Saturday.

Akinfenwa just played 94 minutes....

We should be sharper having had more of a rest, however that's not always worked in the past.....!

Humphrey’s has to start...playing a lightweight youth team striker up front or the unimpressive Bunn won’t get us the 3 points we oh so desperately need!

Wycombe committed 20 fouls tonight, 16 on Saturday and 16 the game before. It won’t be pretty and we need to take advantage of set pieces.

Bottom line is, we win 3 of our last 5 games we should be ok. No point looking at other struggling teams fixtures, just focus on ours.

That's a tough ask T. I don't think we'll beat Sunderland, who haven't lost for 19 games or something. So we have to get the results in the next 4 games. Luckily, there are other teams around us who also can't buy a win. This Saturday is now like a cup final, it's that important. We need the Roots Hall Roar.

That's a tough ask T. I don't think we'll beat Sunderland, who haven't lost for 19 games or something. So we have to get the results in the next 4 games. Luckily, there are other teams around us who also can't buy a win. This Saturday is now like a cup final, it's that important. We need the Roots Hall Roar.

TSNB I'm hoping when we play Sunderland they will already be up, & on their summer hols. So agree with what you say, but if the Maccems have already been promoted, then reckon we will beat them.
But hopefully it wont be down to that game. My nerves & bowels are getting weaker every month!.

TSNB I'm hoping when we play Sunderland they will already be up, & on their summer hols. So agree with what you say, but if the Maccems have already been promoted, then reckon we will beat them.
But hopefully it wont be down to that game. My nerves & bowels are getting weaker every month!.

Yes, that was really annoying that they drew tonight as they hit the woodwork twice, but that's football. Come on Sunderland. Get that promotion sealed before we play you.

Wycombe committed 20 fouls tonight, 16 on Saturday and 16 the game before. It won’t be pretty and we need to take advantage of set pieces.

Interesting, I hope our new ‘tough’ approach includes getting in front of the ref, rolling about a bit after a foul... I know it’s not nice nor the way I want to see SUFC play but it all about small margins right now and gaining any advantages we can.

Heard a whisper last night that Luke Hyam may not be fit for Saturday, struggling with a hamstring tweak.

I therefore expect Dieng to start.

Heard a whisper last night that Luke Hyam may not be fit for Saturday, struggling with a hamstring tweak.

If that is true, then I give up! Dieng should be nowhere near our team!

As for Hyam, whether it's his fault or not, the injury setbacks are a complete joke! Good game at Bradford, injured. Good game at Fleetwood, injured!

We can't carry someone like that next season.

More than one Ipswich supporter has said to me that Hyam is good player. However, you don't get him on the pitch very often. Plays a decent game and then needs a couple off to recover !

More than one Ipswich supporter has said to me that Hyam is good player. However, you don't get him on the pitch very often. Plays a decent game and then needs a couple off to recover !
A bad signing, his injury record should have warned Powell off, similarly Lennon and Bunn. Self inflicted wounds.

Exactly this...however I reckon 2 wins will be enough

Not so sure about that. Mantom could join Kiernan in the middle but we are limited on choices on wide left...….Humphrys to start with Bunn out left?.

I did like 007's Comment "Kiernan give s us a presence". It hasn't taken him to long to see that Dieng is a complete fraud......The man who loiters with no intent.

Exactly this...however I reckon 2 wins will be enough
And to add to this 3 of the 5 teams (Walsall, Wycombe and Rochdale) are in the relegation struggle as well so we should be able to beat them with a number of our first choices returning.

Let's be positive starting on Saturday and let's believe that we can turn this around.

Come on you Shrimpers

Back