• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley
white, Thompson, Prosser, coker
worrall, deegan, timlin, hurst
piggott, cassidy

p smith, jbw, Payne, Corr, coulthirst, Leonard, Atkinson

which means no place in the squad for Bolger, Weston, Barnard, Barrett. Which means the squad is too big.

not too worried about the side....I just want the 11 on the pitch to wear the shirt with pride and strive for the best result and push us on to the top 3

Bentley
white, Thompson, Prosser, coker
worrall, deegan, timlin, hurst
piggott, cassidy

p smith, jbw, Payne, Corr, coulthirst, Leonard, Atkinson

which means no place in the squad for Bolger, Weston, Barnard, Barrett. Which means the squad is too big.

So we should only have 18 players and hope we get no injuries or suspensions?

Going to be a draw ,read somewhere today that if they win or lose they will set a club record for number of games with out a draw

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Worrall Leonard Deegan Timlin
Cassidy Pigott

Would like to see Payne start, but cant stand 442 with him behind the strikers as its far too narrow so Id sacrifice him for Worrall and balance. Not that it did us much good conceding 4 last time round...

Just an idea, maybe we should try three at the back at home as teams rarely push forward against us:

Bentley

White Thompson Prosser

Deegan

Worrall Timlin Hurst

Payne

Pigott Cassidy

Subs: Smith, Coker, Leonard, Binnom-Williams, Coulthist, Corr, Weston​

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Worrall Leonard Timlin Hurst
Piggott Cassidy

Subs: Smith, Prosser, Weston, Payne Atkinson, Corr, Coulthirst

3-1 Blues

Agreed on that side apart from two changes. I would select Deegan starting in place of Leonard, give him the kick up the backside he desperately needs. I would also start Corr ahead of Cassidy. Lenny can sit in the bench ahead of Atkinson in my matchday squad

Bolger, Barnard, P Smith, Atkinson can have a day off

Brown was drilling two back fours at B&L today: white, tommo, prosser, coker v lenny, bolger, barrett, jbw. is this a clue for this saturdays backline?

first four presumably?

Brown was drilling two back fours at B&L today: white, tommo, prosser, coker v lenny, bolger, barrett, jbw. is this a clue for this saturdays backline?

first four presumably?

I cant imagine why we would play Leonard and JBW over White and coker, but Id also be surprised to see Bolger play too.

Bentley
White Thomson Prosser Coker
Leonard Timlin Atkinson Payne
Corr Piggott

Got to have proven goalscorers up front so no room for Cassidy - ever.

exactly this is why the first four i.e., white. tommo, prosser & coker are possibly his first choice for saturday!?

Bentley or P Smith
White Thommo Prosser Coker
Worrall Deegan Tims Weston
Corr Piggott

Thommo has to come back in for Bolger. Very unlucky to be dropped in first place. Right now Prosser is the better centre back, even though the return of Barrett is great, but its about playing the better players.

I'd drop Lenny now. Has in no way got near his form of last season and with Deegan & Timlin playing better they should play.

I'd also have Weston starting, not a popular choice I know. I'd want him just to make use of that pace all afternoon. Just be positive and beat his man or win a set-play.

I think the key to winning the game will be attacking more through the wings rather than the middle and so I'd have the front two never straying wider than the goalposts whenever the ball is out wide in the final third and we are about to deliver, especially Corr who is of no use to us anywhere else but centrally at that moment.

After the past few results im going to be positive and go 0-0 , as our form is very dire ! would love to be proved wrong and see a 3-0 to us tho`

Back