• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley
White Thompson Prosser Coker
Worrall Degnan Timlin Hurst
Corr Pigott

Subs P. Smith J.B.W Barett Payne Weston Cassidy Lenny

Was in Carlisie yesterday and the vibes are yes disruption in the camp.
Really a game we should be looking at winning.
Timlin given a slightly more forward role.
I am one of Lenny's greatest fans but he needs a bit of a kick up the backside and a rest.
Corr is more likely to score than Cassidy, although Cassidy will be back.
Just the type of game for Hursty to get back to last season's form
Confident of a win!!!

Brown was drilling two back fours at B&L today: white, tommo, prosser, coker v lenny, bolger, barrett, jbw. is this a clue for this saturdays backline?

first four presumably?
Wouldn't mind seeing this defensive combination, I think Prosser deserves a start after the amount of goals we've shipped in over the last 2 games.

personally I would like to see:

Bentley
White, Thompson, Barrett, Coker
Worrall, Deegan, Timlin, Payne
Corr, Pigott

personally I would like to see:

Bentley
Corr, Pigott

Nearly, for me. I would still start Cassidy and keep Corr for later in the game. I know he has scored a few recently, but Cassidy gives us more mobility and balance.

I also think Cassidy creates more space for piggott to run into. I think Brown will definitely start Atkinson!

Nearly, for me. I would still start Cassidy and keep Corr for later in the game. I know he has scored a few recently, but Cassidy gives us more mobility and balance.
Will take goals over mobility any day. At this stage of the season we have to play attackers who are proven goalscorers. That's Piggott Payne and Corr with Coultihurst as back up. There's no room for luxury baggage like Cassidy right now, even if he is a nice little mover.

Odd isn't it...stevie wonder can see that he is poor of late

I know, there always seems to be one player in very team that never gets dropped.

I'd likle to see the team geffmundo picked though I'd probably put in Prosser over Barrett

Bentley
Corr, Pigott

I sympathise with ryan leonard. he is not being asked to play in the way he did last year. he is instructed to be more cautious but how many on here would truly know about that ?? ryan and Michael timlin need to swap roles so ryan attacks and Michael is holding. then both guys will seem happier in themselves.

Bentley
White Barratt Binon-Williams Coker
Timlin
Worrall Leonard Payne
Corr Pigott

That line-up has goals in it which has been our problem all season. With Adam at centre back he has the experience to organise the back four and Binnon-Williams has pace which can often get you out of jail if the opposition has quick strikers.

I sympathise with ryan leonard. he is not being asked to play in the way he did last year. he is instructed to be more cautious but how many on here would truly know about that ?? ryan and Michael timlin need to swap roles so ryan attacks and Michael is holding. then both guys will seem happier in themselves.

Exactly right.

Very true, Phil stands and bellows his instructions "five yards back, two yards left, take no.5" etc and I am sure it stifles the players as they know that if they don't follow his words they will be subbed as Tims is evidence of.
Phil also shouts the occasional "that wasn't very good" when passes or shots go astray - not encouraging & I think Dave P and GC are always trying to counter PB's negativity by encouraging the lads.
Still I am hopeful that today will be a display, of flair, as last seen at the Hall against Millwall; and we will score 3+ goals.:smiles:

Bentley
White Barratt Binon-Williams Coker
Timlin
Worrall Leonard Payne
Corr Pigott

That line-up has goals in it which has been our problem all season. With Adam at centre back he has the experience to organise the back four and Binnon-Williams has pace which can often get you out of jail if the opposition has quick strikers.

Bennon williams....? Really? Of all the CB of which he isn't, he is by trade a left back, he would be last pick for me and only in desperation.

Reckon on 3 or 4 to nothing this afternoon keeping us tucked nicely in the play off positions,heres hoping the crowd doesn't dip below 5'000,come on you mighty mighty Shrimpers.

his passing is way off he doesn't drive with the ball at the moment keeps getting caught in possession..I'm not sure these things would be cured by tweaking his role....He would just be doing it further forward.

Back