• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Peterborough United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted. Great performance so far, just not able to unlock a resolute Posh defence.

Evans really is an odious ****.

Really fortunate goal for them too. Looked well covered by Stockdale before a slight deflection from Dieng’s? challenge.

Same old story, Peterborough look average and we get sucker punched again

Would like to see McClousky, Batlowka and Moore soon. For Cox, McLaughlin and Turner, but that ain’t gonna happen

Typical Steve Evans team. Tall, strong, big, dirty, diving, cheating.
We started well, especially Bunn. But they're much the better team and we aren't playing as a unit.
Ref bottled giving us a clear penalty, massive shirt pull and should have been given.
I Don't usually get wound up with teams but these lots are horrible
Haven’t seen it like that myself. Our own fault for not taking chances and letting ourselves be bullied by a big strong team

Haven’t seen it like that myself. Our own fault for not taking chances and letting ourselves be bullied by a big strong team
Fair enough mate. They're mainly in our half with a few breaks into our half. Would absolutely love it, love it, if we beat these

They look beatable, at some point soon we will start converting the chances, just hope that happens in the next 45minutes!!

Centre back is definietly an area I’d like to see us strengthen in January. I’m still not 100% sold on Turner and White as the CB’s to get us into the Championship. Maybe once Lennon is back Lennon and Moore would be a good partnership.

Agreed Ricey - I was thinking exactly the same earlier. Moore and a fit Lennon with a few games under his belt would be a big improvement IMO. Turner may come into form, but sadly I’m not convinced. His past injuries combined with age may have caught up with him. I hope not - if he can get the form of last season back he’s more than good enough. White is a great option, but not a first XI one if we want promotion. Definitely on the bench though

Cox sends a 20 hard free kick over the bar.

Who is our best free kick taker?

Peterborough make a sub, something we should be doing!

Again, Cox fails to anticipate a chance to score allowing the keeper to come out and claim. Get him off for goodness sake and get McCoulsky on.

Their wall at that free kick just then looked like a rugby union line out. Their CBS are like a couple of prop forwards.

And 0-2 :-(

We need a miracle now

**** sake, we are **** at defending set pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back