• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It might reach 6C by KO but it will be the preventative measures taken throughout this week which will determine whether the match takes place. Those measures should have been in place from the weekend to give the fixture every chance. The question is, do we have confidence that the necessary steps, whatever they be, are already in place. I am certain Ron will be on the case. A home match is one not to jeopardise by lack of preparation.

Remember that covering the pitch with plastic for any length of time is not healthy for the playing surface/grass. Ooohhh. It's tricky.

you poor guys, quite chilly here in turkey, at about 28, thats getting low temp for out here here.

Is this the pre match thread? **** me, 12 posts and not one selection, that needs immediate fixing:

Oxley
Demi Turner Ferdinand Cocker
Harrison Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

now that's a surprise isn't it?

COYB
didnt think we could sign any new players,i see at LB we have i take thats Joe Cocker reincarnated,well ifhe can play football as well as he could sing ,we have another legend to be.What a legend Joe was :Worthy:

didnt think we could sign any new players,i see at LB we have i take thats Joe Cocker reincarnated,well ifhe can play football as well as he could sing ,we have another legend to be.What a legend Joe was :Worthy:

Mr Cocker was (and still is) one of my all time favourite singers so the mistake was an easy one to make.

Mr Cocker was (and still is) one of my all time favourite singers so the mistake was an easy one to make.

I'd prefer Jarvis. Great front man and in tune with the Common People in the crowd. Both Cockers from Sheffield and so would add some steel into the team.

I may be wrong ( I was once back in the summer of 1987 ) , but don't games also get 'called off' if the surrounding streets are thought to be dangerous for fans etc ??
Not just related to the pitch ?

To add more cheer ! 1963, worst winter for 223 years, caused 10 weeks of major postponements:stunned:

Indeed so, I remember that winter. SUFC played just one game between December 1962 and March 2, 1963, and April saw us play on 13, 15, 16, 20 and 22nd!

I may be wrong ( I was once back in the summer of 1987 ) , but don't games also get 'called off' if the surrounding streets are thought to be dangerous for fans etc ??

I believe that to be so. H&S and the litigation society.

Yes, that happened at a mid week game a few years ago. There was nothing wrong. With the pitch. From memory it was called off less than 30 mins before kick off, possibly later

A lot of snow at Roots Hall, just seen the pictures on the official site :unsure:

Medium

Yes, that happened at a mid week game a few years ago. There was nothing wrong. With the pitch. From memory it was called off less than 30 mins before kick off, possibly later

I remember a mid-week Newcastle match back in 2005 against Charlton. Newcastle had undersoil heating and the pitch was perfect and deemed playable by the ref, they'd cleared all of the snow from the stands and immediately outside the stadium. They had to call the match off 20 minutes before kick-off on the advice of their safety officer as the streets were too icy and the club and the police didn't want 50,000 people slip-sliding around the city centre.

Newcastle and Charlton clubs, players. and fans were pretty peeved if I recall correctly.

I remember a mid-week Newcastle match back in 2005 against Charlton. Newcastle had undersoil heating and the pitch was perfect and deemed playable by the ref, they'd cleared all of the snow from the stands and immediately outside the stadium. They had to call the match off 20 minutes before kick-off on the advice of their safety officer as the streets were too icy and the club and the police didn't want 50,000 people slip-sliding around the city centre.

Newcastle and Charlton clubs, players. and fans were pretty peeved if I recall correctly.

I'd imagine that with 20 mins before kick off, most of the fans had already slipped and slid their way into the ground by then

that looks like a lotta snow in Southend

There's a bit. The Council have suspended bin collections and I think the buses have stopped for the moment. Bit of a bugger on the bins as ours is a Tuesday collection. Field day for foxes tonight no doubt.

There's a bit. The Council have suspended bin collections and I think the buses have stopped for the moment. Bit of a bugger on the bins as ours is a Tuesday collection. Field day for foxes tonight no doubt.

Our bin day is today too. The wife was debating whether to put them out but I doubted very much that the bin lorry would get down our Cul de Sac in 5 inches of snow

Back