• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Cocker was (and still is) one of my all time favourite singers so the mistake was an easy one to make.

The Bury stadium announcer also called him Cocker when he read the team out a couple of weeks back

Our bin day is today too. The wife was debating whether to put them out but I doubted very much that the bin lorry would get down our Cul de Sac in 5 inches of snow

The council website advice is to leave them out until tonight. If they have not been collected then a double pick up will happen next week.

Some more pics from the OS of Roots Hall covered in snow.

With the temperatures expected to fall further before the weekend this game must be in doubt. :sad:

mDcn2v.jpg

po9u1O.jpg

p3Xn1o.jpg

cnDPCm.jpg

JJ1W5P.jpg

KXFZYK.jpg

iBe8cF.jpg

In the past, a good covering of snow has acted as a blanket, to be cleared off on the morning of a game with help from supporters.

The current BBC weather forecast for Southend is for snow from 8am Friday morning until 6am Saturday morning with a maximum temp of 1 degree c.

The council website advice is to leave them out until tonight. If they have not been collected then a double pick up will happen next week.

Gives plenty of time for the foxes to rip them apart then come Thursday, I have nowhere to put the rubbish as my bins are full.

Still, if they can't get down my road, we don't really have another option

There's a bit. The Council have suspended bin collections and I think the buses have stopped for the moment. Bit of a bugger on the bins as ours is a Tuesday collection. Field day for foxes tonight no doubt.
Along the London Road,about a hour ago,we saw lots of buses.Though they did stop for a moment(or 2) if someone stuck out their hand or pressed the bell.

Our bin day is today too. The wife was debating whether to put them out but I doubted very much that the bin lorry would get down our Cul de Sac in 5 inches of snow

Really ? A 26 ton lorry with 6 very large wheels would stand more chance than most.

#snowflakesocietyliterally

Along the London Road,about a hour ago,we saw lots of buses.Though they did stop for a moment(or 2) if someone stuck out their hand or pressed the bell.

The buses bit was direct from SBC website. Thinking about it a bit more they may have been referring to their council passenger transport fleet.

The current BBC weather forecast for Southend is for snow from 8am Friday morning until 6am Saturday morning with a maximum temp of 1 degree c.

Any weather forecast more than a couple of days ahead is imprecise. It will change between now and then (not necessarily for the better!)

Really ? A 26 ton lorry with 6 very large wheels would stand more chance than most.

#snowflakesocietyliterally

I believe that several of the bin drivers also drive the gritters so maybe there are not enough to do a proper service, so gritting and other road work comes before the bins for a week. Not a big deal really?

Back