• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd v Portsmouth FC EFL Trophy group game. 6th Oct 2020

Pick your team and result folks

• Total voters
Just a reminder of the rules....

View attachment 12985

4 out of 10 of the outfield players who started on Saturday.....

I would suggest:

Egrbri, Hobson, Ralph and Goodship.

I wouldn't risk those returning from recent knocks (Clifford, Lennon, Acquah, Demi),
Taylor is too important in central mid and we have other options (Phillips, Gard),
and Elvis is away so not an option.

We could however get away with only 3 if whoever is replacing Elvis on Saturday also starts tonight and if Nathaniel-George is going to start next Saturday, we could even lose another one from last Saturday too.

On that basis I would go for:

Seaden

Mitchell-Nelson Hobson Kyprianou Taylor

Egbri Phillips Gard Nathaniel-George

Goodship Rush​

It's probably more of a challenge to come up with an XI from available squads who don't meet the criteria.

I would go for:

Oxley
MMN, Hobson, R. Taylor, Clifford
Egbri, Dieng, Phillips, ANG
Acquah, Rush

I think we should be setting out our stall to try and get a result here. No point putting the second string out, getting beaten and dropping out of another cup competition that could put some money in the bank.

Would like to see a good mix of first team and fringe. Think Acquah needs to play as we look far better going forward with his hold up play. Goodship paired with Kelman/Rush just doesn’t work for me.

Wouldn’t be suprised if MMN has been unregistered looking at the last couple of teamsheets.
Seaden
Hobson Taylor Kyprianou Clifford
Egbri Gard Taylor Nathaniel-George
Kelman Acquah

The U23s are playing today. No lineup news on Twitter, but will assume those playing in that game will not be playing in tonight's game.

The U23s are playing today. No lineup news on Twitter, but will assume those playing in that game will not be playing in tonight's game.

#BluesU23s: C Taylor, Howard, Mitchell-Nelson, Klass, Chandler, Stewart, Trialist, Kinali, Benton, Trialist, Mpenga.

Two trialists is interesting. Also Howard, Mitchell-Nelson, Klass (he's alive!!) and Kinali playing most likely means they won't play tonight.

#BluesU23s: C Taylor, Howard, Mitchell-Nelson, Klass, Chandler, Stewart, Trialist, Kinali, Benton, Trialist, Mpenga.

Two trialists is interesting. Also Howard, Mitchell-Nelson, Klass (he's alive!!) and Kinali playing most likely means they won't play tonight.
nice to ear we still giving trialists a run ,thats good management

Shame about Kinali. I'm a big fan but I suppose we are now finding out who Mark Molesleys favourites are and who is not. (That's not a dig, every manager has his favourites, it's just how it goes)

Also got to feel a bit sorry for Klass. He must feel like he has been stitched right up.

Mitchell-Nelson and Kinali both started in the last round, so a clear demotion for them.

Not included Dabbs, Ide Osimeh, Knock, Wallace, Brogan, Eastwood Jr, Oli Coker and Rush. Osimeh, Dabbs, Knock and Eastwood Jr may all be injured (line-ups are hard to come for this season and I haven't seem that they've played for the u23ss yet this year). Wallace and Oli Coker are still scholars but they've impressed - so I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the bench, like Oli Coker was in the opening EFL Tropy game.

Mitchell-Nelson and Kinali both started in the last round, so a clear demotion for them.

Not included Dabbs, Ide Osimeh, Knock, Wallace, Brogan, Eastwood Jr, Oli Coker and Rush. Osimeh, Dabbs, Knock and Eastwood Jr may all be injured (line-ups are hard to come for this season and I haven't seem that they've played for the u23ss yet this year). Wallace and Oli Coker are still scholars but they've impressed - so I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the bench, like Oli Coker was in the opening EFL Tropy game.
Don't forget the numpties at the EFL appear consider that you are an experienced pro counting towards squad numbers if you put a toe on the pitch, for even a millisecond, and in a meaningless cup game- so this may come into the equation dependent on how the rules are being applied to us.

Gard and philips both missing from u23s, maybe they having a run in the efl match

Osimeh and Brogan replace the two triallists, so unlikely to be involved tonight.

Sam Knock was released during lockdown mate. Nothing to do with club anymore. He is now at university on his instagram

Just a reminder of the rules....

View attachment 12985

4 out of 10 of the outfield players who started on Saturday.....

I would suggest:

Egrbri, Hobson, Ralph and Goodship.

I wouldn't risk those returning from recent knocks (Clifford, Lennon, Acquah, Demi),
Taylor is too important in central mid and we have other options (Phillips, Gard),
and Elvis is away so not an option.

We could however get away with only 3 if whoever is replacing Elvis on Saturday also starts tonight and if Nathaniel-George is going to start next Saturday, we could even lose another one from last Saturday too.

On that basis I would go for:

Seaden

Mitchell-Nelson Hobson Kyprianou Taylor

Egbri Phillips Gard Nathaniel-George

Goodship Rush​

Mitchell-Nelson won't play. Playong for u23's today. Same with Kinali

Wonder if we give some other youngsters a game

-------------------------SEADON---------------------------
HOWARD--------HOBSON------KYPRIANOU------TAYLOR
KINALI-------DIENG-----GARD-----NATHANIEL-GEORGE
-------------------KELMAN----RUSH---------------------

I really feel for Charlie Kelman - he would have probably played a few minutes in the premier last season when Spurs had no forwards if we had accepted their 6 figure offer. Then we turned down at least 2 more championship clubs. Of course he will be fed up , forced to be stuck here in a poor bottom division team. I cant understand , when our club is so skint , how Ron could keep turning down the money for him ? So - now Charlie is still here until January we need to get his head right , make him feel an important part of the team + get him happy. So play him tonight , let him take penalties , free kicks , whatever he wants... just get him firing again. Otherwise keeping him unhappy on the sidelines was just plain stupid . In 3 weeks we need to find 500k , turning down a good portion of that appears to me a crazy decision.
I'm sorry ... but **** that.

Mohsni sulked and look what happened to him.

He needs to grow up and be a squad player.

For what ever reason, the offers we have had have been rejected, so until then he needs to act professional and get on with his job.

We have 1 point from 7 games this season, we are in no position to pander to kids, giving him free kicks and penalties to keep them happy ? ?? come off it.

If he plays tonight , its a perfect chance for him to show teams what he can do ... or its his chance to get back in the team and push for move in January ... but right now , he's not a starting player for us.

Back