• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Fleetwood Town 14th September 2019 3pm

What's your starting XI for Saturday and result prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SOUTHEND United’s caretaker manager Gary Waddock is looking forward to the ‘challenge’ of facing an in-form Fleetwood Town at Roots Hall tomorrow.

More...

I'll be there on Saturday, appreciate any top tips on the A13 roadworks ..closed again?? ….Rochdale game, travel -wise was poo.

My son is trying to tempt me to go to Shrewsbury next week...:Unsure:

The planned closure of the A13 this w/e is not happening according to the Echo

Paddy Madden is going to score today that’s a guarantee.

Demi is not match fit ready, Blackman is not match fit ready; so obviously imo Elvis and Ralph play.
Whoever plays midfield it will be weak but Hyem adds bite - until he gets a yellow, then he may as well be taken off.
With the poor midfield we need goals so Cox, Goodship and Hump start.
Hutch takes good set pieces and is not a quitter so he is a strong shout to start.
Kiernon and Lennon at centre backs.

Demi is not match fit ready, Blackman is not match fit ready; so obviously imo Elvis and Ralph play.
Whoever plays midfield it will be weak but Hyem adds bite - until he gets a yellow, then he may as well be taken off.
With the poor midfield we need goals so Cox, Goodship and Hump start.
Hutch takes good set pieces and is not a quitter so he is a strong shout to start.
Kiernon and Lennon at centre backs.

I thought the front 3 were our weakest link v Rochdale. Just added pressure to further strung out midfield 3.

Seemed like the 6 of them never interchanged once.

Sky bet have Fleetwood at 8/11 to win today which is expected as how poor we are but I had a small bet on us to win both teams to score at 9/1 I can't see us keeping a clean sheet but just hoping now Bond is gone we can get the win

Seems a good shout at 9/1. Still its not that long ago that we had the caretaking duo of Rick and Kev......Don't think we had a shot on goal that day.

Just hope if it really is not to much bother for the lads, could they at least try and put a shift in.

Seems a good shout at 9/1. Still its not that long ago that we had the caretaking duo of Rick and Kev......Don't think we had a shot on goal that day.

Just hope if it really is not to much bother for the lads, could they at least try and put a shift in.
I think 9/1 is decent.If we win cant see it being to nil.I agree players need to put in a shift and if we lose at least make it competitive.Leicester to win at average Manchester United side with injuries worth a fiver

I think 9/1 is decent.If we win cant see it being to nil.I agree players need to put in a shift and if we lose at least make it competitive.Leicester to win at average Manchester United side with injuries worth a fiver
You can get 11/1 now as you say can't see it being to nil.

So buoyed am I with the new found optimism around the board and Uncle Ron's sabre rattling speech that I have just had a tickle at 4-1 for us to win today.

Back