• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend v Chelsea on the spreads

effy67

Youth Team
Sporting Index have marked up Chelsea supremacy as 2.3-2.5 i.e. you can buy Chelsea supremacy at 2.5 or sell at 2.3.

e.g. if you buy Chelsea supremacy at £200 a goal and Chelsea win 4-0 you win £300 if it is a 0-0 draw you lose £500.

So would you be a buyer or a seller?

Much as I dream of a win the upside seems to have more potential than the downside.

What say you?

I was chatting to our (Ladbrokes) Head of Sports and Football Trading about the game earlier this week. He is a big Chelsea fan but also a very wise head when it comes to betting (well you'd hope so!).

He reckoned that nearer to kick off 2.7 or 2.8 will become available and if it is, his advice was sell, sell, sell.

He obviously has n't seen much of us recently then. Seriously though just think the upside has more potential than the downside but doubt if I'll touch the game.

He obviously has n't seen much of us recently then. Seriously though just think the upside has more potential than the downside but doubt if I'll touch the game.

I said pretty much that. The conversation went roughly like this:

Me - But we're rubbish
Patrick - So are we
Me - But come on. You're Premier League at least. We're proper rubbish
Patrick - We struggled against West Brom. We're rubbish

And so on...

Sporting Index have marked up Chelsea supremacy as 2.3-2.5 i.e. you can buy Chelsea supremacy at 2.5 or sell at 2.3.

e.g. if you buy Chelsea supremacy at £200 a goal and Chelsea win 4-0 you win £300 if it is a 0-0 draw you lose £500.

So would you be a buyer or a seller?

Much as I dream of a win the upside seems to have more potential than the downside.

What say you?

I say - I haven't a clue what that means!

To be honest I sometimes wish I did n't know myself. I'll try again you sell at the lower number and buy at the higher, now obviously there can't be 2.3 or 2.5 goals scored but if you think there will be 3 goals or more you buy if you think 2 or less you sell.

Now if we decide to ''invest'' £100 a goal then theoretically 0.1 of a goal = £10 so 0.3 = £30 and 0.5 =£50.

We have decided that unfortunately Chelsea will win by 3 goals so we buy Chelsea supremacy at the higher total of 2.5 for £100 a goal. Now let's just suppose we are clever dicks and are right that Chelsea do indeed win by 3 goals then our friendly spread maker will calculate the 3 goals supremacy as:-

£100 (that we bet) x 3 (number of goals Chelski won by) = £300

Take away the 2.5 goal spread or £100 x 2.5 i.e 250

Therefore £300 - £250 = £50

This £50 is our profit so we can go and get bladdered and wipe out the disappointment of losing.

One final point we buy at the higher price and sell at the lower price as this gives the spread maker his margin when it comes to setting the spread.

Now Rob this should now be as clear as mud!!

OK I understand the "buy" part but "sell"? Sell what? I haven't "bought" anything yet!

Back