• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wasn't it Marvin Morgan that ripped us apart at Aldershot at the beginning of last season? :'( If so, I think Ferdinand or Kalala have to play quite defensively cos I can't see either Barker or Phillips coping with him that well. Of course, that should allow Timlin plenty of opportunity to get forward!

Keep the starting line up the same. You shouldn't ever change a line up that's just won 4-0 away from home against one of the teams at the top of the table unless injury forces it. Won't hurt any of Grant, Hall or Mohsni to have a spell on the sidelines.

Wasn't it Marvin Morgan that ripped us apart at Aldershot at the beginning of last season? :'( If so, I think Ferdinand or Kalala have to play quite defensively cos I can't see either Barker or Phillips coping with him that well. Of course, that should allow Timlin plenty of opportunity to get forward!

Keep the starting line up the same. You shouldn't ever change a line up that's just won 4-0 away from home against one of the teams at the top of the table unless injury forces it. Won't hurt any of Grant, Hall or Mohsni to have a spell on the sidelines.

Agree with pretty much all of this. The defence will certainly have their hands full dealing with Shrewsbury, but then we were thinking the same things about Rotherham last saturday. People have been quick to say Rotherham were poor but sometimes the oppo are poor because you make them poor, and I would keep the same starting XI. I think a 4th clean sheet in a row will be a bit much to hope for, but having Hall on the bench gives us a great option.

Blues to win a thriller 3-2. Goals from Dicko, Harris and Hall coming off the bench.

Popped into ticket office to get tkts this morning, girl said East stand is nearly sold out so looking good for a big attendance.

Would agree to make any changes unless injuries wouldnt make any sense at all but PS does seem to let his teams play differently away from home which may make him adjust,however like you i would keep the starting line the same but would hope if it aint working have the nerve to make early changes and not leave it untill the last 20 mins so at least who ever comes on has a chance to make a proper impact.After all we are the home side and should prove our strength and go for a home win no matter who we play.
We are still gelling and a long way to go yet ,the results have kept us up there which is great, now team perfomances mixed with some outstanding individual performances would really set the seal for a proper push to put some daylight between the chasing pack and us ,yes we will have burps but so will all the other teams.
It really is shaping up to be an exciting season even if the type of football we play might not match at times

Gotta stick with the same line-up IMHO, unfair to drop anyone after a thumping away win. If all is not well at HT then I'd hope Hall would be the first of the bench-warmers to appear. Roll on Friday night! :loyalsupporter:

.... particularly with Gavin Ward in charge; not sure what he'd make of Mohsni !

So looking forward to this match, biggest game at the Hall for a while.
Am doing my bit to get the numbers up, brought four tickets today for 4 prem watchers, one of whom is considering buying a ST for himself and his son as his son likes coming to watch the Blues.
Hoping we will be quick off the mark with a couple of early goals to kill off the Shrews, fancy a 3-1 victory with Harris netting a couple.

Any one else getting a bit concerned about the old SUFC habit when it comes to big games (esp Friday nights) when we go top if we win.

I seem to recall losing more than most of these in the past :sad:

Am doing my bit to get the numbers up, brought four tickets today

Doing my bit too - son's 16th birthday tomorrow so bought tickets for 3 of his mates to join us in the family stand on Friday night

its these sorts of games that we usually buckle under the pressure and lose. hopefully this time things can be different. it doesn't matter if we are only top for a short time and you never know the teams around us might drop points. its a big boost to be right up there in the mix but its our jobs not to get on anyones back if we dont start too well. all it will do is annoy the players where as if we support them in the stands it will spur them on.

I thinking a 2-1 win with 5,103 shrimpers. i'm hoping the pick up in results will bring a few of the fare weathers back.

come on you blues.

Any one else getting a bit concerned about the old SUFC habit when it comes to big games (esp Friday nights) when we go top if we win.

I seem to recall losing more than most of these in the past :sad:

Incredibly worried! Christ, it's only one game in 46 but following the performance against Rotherham, people seem to be whipped up into a frenzy about this match. Large, expectant, crowd......Friday night under the lights.....top of the League if we win. All set up for a classic failure?....................I hope not. I feel that the performance is as important as getting the three points. I think that it's SO vital to win over the returning supporters, who are hoping (expecting), to see that the new found praise being heaped upon the team, is not just hype. I hope, above all, that the likely increased attendance on Friday, will be ENTERTAINED.

Incredibly worried! Christ, it's only one game in 46 but following the performance against Rotherham, people seem to be whipped up into a frenzy about this match. Large, expectant, crowd......Friday night under the lights.....top of the League if we win. All set up for a classic failure?....................I hope not. I feel that the performance is as important as getting the three points. I think that it's SO vital to win over the returning supporters, who are hoping (expecting), to see that the new found praise being heaped upon the team, is not just hype. I hope, above all, that the likely increased attendance on Friday, will be ENTERTAINED.
Performances are vital i agree but not at the expense on this occasion of 3 points if we got a lucky win Friday night i would take that against a rival top 3 team .
Belief is a big thing mentally for players and with that performances both as a team and individually will get stronger and stronger we still have got a long way to go and hopefully performances will get better and better but if we can keep up there it will be a very entertaining season for lots of different reasons ,no doubt nail biting,some heart failure,plenty of adrenaline and enough concerns and worrys for a life time
Spose thats what you call entertainment C/mon the Blues

I will be waving my flag out of my flat in Bristol while listening to the commentary on BBC Essex. Cmon you BLUES!!!

Massive game, would prefer to see Hall and Grant start but thats just my view.

2-0 win, Harris and Hall.

I'm glad I'm not the only one worried by big game/ big crowd ****-ups at Roots Hall! Let's hope this time we live up to the hype!

COYB!

I will take a 1-1 draw here but to carry on the good form will do wonders for the lads, I just want to see us play with positivity from the start, like v Northampton, every other game we have waited untill the second half or falling behind before we start going after the game (at home anyway).

Back