• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From memory the last time we had the scenario of potentially going top overnight with a win was late on during our previous promotion from this division. We managed it with a 2-0 victory over Bristol Rovers; it was after that we blew it (albeit until the play-off final of course).

MATCH DAY BUZZ at 8:15am

Cannot wait, not many things would take over the place of FIFA 12 being released!

But SUFC smashes it!

COME ON SOUTHEND!

MATCH DAY BUZZ at 8:15am

Cannot wait, not many things would take over the place of FIFA 12 being released!

But SUFC smashes it!

COME ON SOUTHEND!

Play Southend Vs Shrewsbury as your first game and tick both boxes.

Ha!

Have to do it on Amateur difficulty on 20 minutes halves, prediction 58 - 0 !

Must be done before I get down for pound a pint!

Lucky swine. Some of us have to work and have an hour of commuting to see the mighty Blues tonight.

I didn't go to Rotherham and I wouldn't normally change a winning line-up but tonight I'd bring back Hall, drop Ferdinand and put Timlin in the middle where he's best. Ferdinand's been anonymous every time I've seen him this season and I just think we can't leave our best player out. Ferdinand and Kalala is too defensive a midfield partnership at home, Kalala and Timlin seems much better. That'd be me only change to the starting XI, then a subs bench of Bentley, Prosser, Grant, Ferdinand and Sturrock. Looks like a strong team to me on paper. I'm going to say a 2-0 win for the Shrimpers.

Southend 1-0 Shrewsbury The Fonz (Moshni) to score the winner in the 94th minute :loyalsupporter:
I hope mohsni gets nowhere near the team tonight, how can our players focus on the match when he'll be diving around and moaning every 5 seconds? I can't see his antics are too good for team morale while he's playing, I'd say he needs at least a month more out of the game to clear his head

I hope mohsni gets nowhere near the team tonight, how can our players focus on the match when he'll be diving around and moaning every 5 seconds? I can't see his antics are too good for team morale while he's playing, I'd say he needs at least a month more out of the game to clear his head

He is a 93rd minute sub

Not sure if anyone has read the back of the Sun yet today... but the Doughnut bet of the day is apparently Southend to beat Shrewsbury. Quote 'Southend have no chance!'

Pin that on the wall Mr Sturrock!!!

COYB

The hype surrounding this game has been building all week and my worries about the result have been increasing proportionately.

I have a horrible feeling my son will be able to hear the bubble burst in Manchester as we get spanked 0-3

That said, I am really looking forward to going to the hall tonight and the thought of winning and going top is great, its just this very familar feeling of impending doom, deep in the pit of my stomach, keeps reminding me that I have 44 years of following the Blues and I really shouldn't get too excited.:sad:

The hype surrounding this game has been building all week and my worries about the result have been increasing proportionately.

I have a horrible feeling my son will be able to hear the bubble burst in Manchester as we get spanked 0-3

That said, I am really looking forward to going to the hall tonight and the thought of winning and going top is great, its just this very familar feeling of impending doom, deep in the pit of my stomach, keeps reminding me that I have 44 years of following the Blues and I really shouldn't get too excited.:sad:

Yeah I have the same feeling to be honest. But one game doesn't make a season and if we don't go top tonight who's to say we might not in a couple of weeks.

What I think is encouraging is we're up there with a chance of going top having had a very tough spell of fixtures. After the Morecombe game in a couple of weeks the fixtures start to get a bit kinda IMO. I think we'd have a great chance of going on a run of 5 or 6 games so defeat tonight whilst disappointing wouldn't be the end.

gutted to be missing out on this game, first one i will have missed this season i think. Wish it was easier to get back from uni

Back