• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend V Wolves Div 4 1986/7

TMWLT

Banned
what memories of that day, I am sharing a room out here in tobago with a wolves fan, who was there that famous night, and he said to me that, that was the most frightened he had been at an away game, as a young wolves, and he had got caught up under a market stall after the game, when we charged at wolves coming down the carpark. sadly he of course mentions the 5 - 0 defeat there in div 2. strange isnt when your forced into sharing with some, how your all ever so ploite to each other. it must be the banana dacquiras around the pool that does it

still now pitched up opposite the stadium enjoying the carib beer this time with QPR fans, horrible scumbags

Wasn't even alive then so can't comment, except to say that being caught under a market stall with hundreds of fans from any club charging at me would scare me ****less.

How's the weather out in the carib? Must be nice relaxing by the pool.

what memories of that day, I am sharing a room out here in tobago with a wolves fan, who was there that famous night, and he said to me that, that was the most frightened he had been at an away game, as a young wolves, and he had got caught up under a market stall after the game, when we charged at wolves coming down the carpark. sadly he of course mentions the 5 - 0 defeat there in div 2. strange isnt when your forced into sharing with some, how your all ever so ploite to each other. it must be the banana dacquiras around the pool that does it

still now pitched up opposite the stadium enjoying the carib beer this time with QPR fans, horrible scumbags

you sick nonce

Happy memories indeed. Not market stalls, but a great 1-0 home victory in front of the biggest crowd of our promotion season. (There were only 4,000 at the away match at Wolves that season.)

Bit different but i remember when i moved down from Ilford as a 12 year old , my mate asked if i fancied watching a game against Cambridge on a Fri night i beleive,1991 ???, having to get permission off my mum she replied yeah go for it son,its safe as houses round this way ( it was compaired to Ilford ) so off i went .

Turned the corner into the main entrance of Roots Hall only to see about 70 odd Cambridge fans give chase and all chaos broke loose ,

Being a young pup the only thing i could do was to scarper under a car in the car park and watch it kick off , must say at the time it scared the sh*t out of me , but secretly it couldn't of affected me too much as i ****ing loved the place as soon as i got in the North Bank and that was it , a Gooner was converted to a Shrimper in just under 2 hours , and thousands of pounds later and many beers sunk i wouldn't of had it any other way .

****ing love the blues

Love these story's! shame it can't go back to the was it was I missed all this fun!

Great game of Football but a nightmare outside the stadium both before and after the game. Wolves fans went looting before the game in the town centre then after the game tried attacking every Southend fan around.

That was a great night even tho most people in the west thought the wolves were going to kill us.

That was a great night even tho most people in the west thought the wolves were going to kill us.

Wolves actually lost in the play-offs to Aldershot that season. Probably the first year of the play-offs.

Wolves actually lost in the play-offs to Aldershot that season. Probably the first year of the play-offs.

i belive it was. wasn't it Aldershot who ended up joining us in Div 3 via the play offs

Happy memories indeed. Not market stalls, but a great 1-0 home victory in front of the biggest crowd of our promotion season. (There were only 4,000 at the away match at Wolves that season.)
I remember the home game, got to Vic Station around 7ish only to be met by thousands of Wolves fan singing we are Wolves, so I thought I better join in. Met me dad outside the Blue Boar and he had already been threatened. Queing up outside the west and you could see the Wolves fan walking down the road and suddenly it appeared they were going up and down a hill. The hill turned out to be a car which was drivin gup the car, the Wolves fan just walked over it instead of around it. Some old bloke and I mean old got a slap for calling them thugs. And didn't their chairman have to go on the PA to tell them to behave when they were trying to get in the west from the old south stand.

I remember getting a punch in the face waiting by the bus stop outside the Golden Lion from the Wolves fans, after the match a group of about 100 turned the corner on West Street and rushed down Vic Avenue, I had a nice shiner on sat am and my parents refused to let me go again. (15 at the time) Thankfully time the new season started I was allowed to go to matches again but was the most scared I had ever been at a football match

Last edited:
I started watching Southend that season, when we went to the Wolves game I was 10 my younger brother was 4 it was his second game, it was very initimidating after the game but it didn't put us off!

I started watching Southend that season, when we went to the Wolves game I was 10 my younger brother was 4 it was his second game, it was very initimidating after the game but it didn't put us off!

So in 1 post Al says Ian is 3 and you say he is 4

Back