• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think when a player gets cramp they should be dragged off the pitch (or walk and stop being little girls about it). whats worse is someone who is 2 yards from the touchline and they cant get off the pitch! Still Ainsworth is scum and so are Wycombe end of.

Wycombe fan here...

Firstly wanted to congratulate you lot on promotion. 24 hours on and I still can't believe what happened but that's football, and we've had our share of the highs lately to live off for the next 3 months. Make sure you take 6 points off Col U next year for us!

I'm a bit surprised by some of the negativity on here towards us and it isn't a reflection of the conversations I had with your fans before or after the game (great banter on the tube beforehand to those in our carriage from Baker Street). Yesterday was a typical nervous play off final, with not a lot of quality from either side until the 75 minute mark. After that it was end to end and it wasn't a huge surprise that we needed 16 penalties to separate two sides who finished level in pretty much every way after 46 games.

I just wanted to make one point re. the time wasting as it's been much-discussed. Yes, we do it and yes we did it yesterday. It's one of our worst qualities and not something that I'm at all proud of. However, last season whilst we were struggling I watched teams doing the same to us every week so we're not alone (I also saw an Exeter fan on Facebook commenting about how you did it to them this season). In the end it counted against us, and I'd like to see referees take a firmer stance on it next season because it needs to be stamped out from the very top downwards. However, there is so much more to our team than that and I hope you managed to see some of the spirit and fight that has been the story for us all year in a match of relative low quality.

Anyway, congratulations once again and good luck for next season. I truly hope that you survive and go on from here.
Great post and always good to have opposition fans on here.

Thought Wycombe were by far the better side, still can't quite believe that we came away as the victorious side. To come from scraping survival last season to being so desperately unlucky not to be going up is a massive improvement and a real achievement, and credit has to go to the players and Ainsworth, no matter what a **** opposition fans think he is (I doubt everyone loves Phil Brown when he comes to visit other grounds).

As as for the time wasting, it's something a lot of teams do at this level especially. Sadly it's those that do it the most that are successful, Burton, Wycombe, Stevenage, etc. I'm sure there have been plenty of times we've done it ourselves as well, though seeing as we only scored in the 94th minute to go 1-0 up in a must win game at Exeter I can't quite understand that comment!

Here's hoping you'll bounce back next season and we'll meet again in League 1 in 2 years time!

I have a thought for Joe Jacobson, got away with a stone wall penalty for a push on Corr, then scores with the free kick i bet he thought it's gonna be his day.....then when he scores his penalty has plenty to say to Dan Bentley with a big grin on his face....... Well your luck just run out....Tosser....

He is a dirty cheating scumbag. I've seen him doing the same thing several times. I mentioned him In a tweet regarding his antics. I hope he enjoyed it ;-)

The only thing I like about Wycombe is their hatred towards Col Ewe.

Ainsworth and his head sidekick (Gk Coach and maybe his number two) are an utter disgrace on the touchline. The arrogant hobbit winds it all up and orchestrates his team of cheating, time wasting divers whilst the bearded GK coach acts like a loony bully boy. He kicks off every time something goes against them - seen it first hand at the Hall, on TV in the Plymouth matches and looking back yesterday when Saunders got injured he called Hayes over and instructs him to get vengeance on Atkinson. Complete tools the lot of them, the word Karma springs to mind.

As for their pathetic following of fans well they never sang until they went ahead then when they did it was to mock our fans who were superb throughout..."Your not singing anymore" not quite a celebratory song.

So as the original post requests I will spare a thought for Wycombe and that thought is enjoy your summer and mid table finish next season hahaha. Karma is a *****

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for the genuine, nice fans among their number and I feel nothing for the idiots. Same with the players. I saw a few idiots before the match, and unfortunately they were all wearing dark blue. I hated the time wasting and I have to admit I loved sticking it to Ainsworth. But it must have been a horrible way to lose and I'm sure some of their fans were hoping, when the rest of them were doing "you're not singing anymore", that they would shut up because it tempts fate...

Losing the play off final is probably the harshest thing that can happen in football. Thank goodness we managed to turn it round in the nick of time! We spoke to a few Wycombe fans before the game, and they were decent people, and we had a good conversation about where it could go well or badly. Unfortunate for them that Saunders got hurt so early on, can't help thinking it could have been very different if he stayed on the field! We have been on the losing side in crucial games a few times, so knowing how that feels, i can't help but feel a tiny bit of compassion towards the Wycombe fans, despite their team's less than sportsman-like tactics!

On reflection, and mainly due to watching the whole game twice now live on SKY+ today, the time wasting seemed much worse at the game. Mawson genuinely got a nasty Corr head to the side of his head, and Yennaris had to go off, although the referee shouldn't have stood for it and allowed Lenny to attack with the throw. wycombe were quick to chuck themselves to the floor but most people I sit with commend Lenny on his ability to do that, and Granty was the master. The result was ultimately right on the basis that the referee must have lost his mind for a moment when somehow giving a corner for the blatant push on Corr. Unforgivable piece of refereeing in such an important fixture. On reflection again the referee overall wasn't as bad as some would have it, but that one indiscretion being right in his line of sight must question his ability to referee at this level again.

A message for WW players,you are cheating *******s and got yours as for your fans,one gracious soul on here does not cut no ice and lastly their manager was giving it with minutes to go and ain't no crusader for fair play,Sky just wanted that way,makes good viewing you know.UTB

A message for WW players,you are cheating *******s and got yours as for your fans,one gracious soul on here does not cut no ice and lastly their manager was giving it with minutes to go and ain't no crusader for fair play,Sky just wanted that way,makes good viewing you know.UTB

Good, balanced and thoughtful report as ever Swiss Tony :smile:

Wycombe were quick to chuck themselves to the floor but most people I sit with commend Lenny on his ability to do that, and Granty was the master.

I admit I find this quality slightly embarrassing, Lenny is nowhere near Grant's level though!

Common sense prevailing as standard, from Sir Swissy

Ainsworth and his head sidekick (Gk Coach and maybe his number two) are an utter disgrace on the touchline. The arrogant hobbit winds it all up and orchestrates his team of cheating, time wasting divers whilst the bearded GK coach acts like a loony bully boy. He kicks off every time something goes against them - seen it first hand at the Hall, on TV in the Plymouth matches and looking back yesterday when Saunders got injured he called Hayes over and instructs him to get vengeance on Atkinson. Complete tools the lot of them, the word Karma springs to mind.
A bit like their little hard man act against Coughlan late on, when one of their players was coming off with cramp and Coughlan told him to hurry up, three of them all started mouthing off trying to push him away. Fourth official held them back while Coughlan just stood there, and they didn't drop it. That was when they were 1-0 up which just made it even more pathetic. To see Ainsworth do that and be shouting abuse and threats at GC, Penney and Brown and then act like a model professional in the shoot out was laughable.

A bit like their little hard man act against Coughlan late on, when one of their players was coming off with cramp and Coughlan told him to hurry up, three of them all started mouthing off trying to push him away. Fourth official held them back while Coughlan just stood there, and they didn't drop it. That was when they were 1-0 up which just made it even more pathetic. To see Ainsworth do that and be shouting abuse and threats at GC, Penney and Brown and then act like a model professional in the shoot out was laughable.

Exactly,say what you see,say what you see.

Back