• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A bit of sympathy but not much. Their team were wasting time with over 20 mins to play. Last 5 mins, I'd understand but not 20

Very cruel way to lose.

But poetic justice... and for those criticising the time wasting, it was that same time wasting that gave us the 2 added minutes!

We would have done the same I'm sure. Maybe not with 20 mins to go, but certainly in the latter stages of extra time.

And I don't think Brown had any problem with Ainsworth at all, they are great mates and watch the highlights. The pair of them were totally dignified during the shootout and Ainsworth was gracious in defeat.

Not sure they are great mates but at penalties time they had agreed neither would go over the top on celebrations whoever won. As for the both of them cuddling, well, that was bloke stuff weren't it? Don't make them gay does it?

No sympathy for Wycombe one team had to lose and I am just glad it wasn't us

you can see why opposition fans hate other managers.

We are one nil down , about to loose and angry . Then I see that knob 10 yards outside of his technical zone and the fourth official doing nothing. I now had a 'focus' for my feeling let me say .:winking:

At the same time Brown's reaction when we scored was brilliant- but I doubt the Wycombe supporters see it that way> Somehow I think he might not be their favorite manager :smile:i

i didn't like the diving and time wasting to be honest. I think teams have started to target that we get frustrated by time wasting and build it into their tactics.
i felt absolute despair in the second half of extra time but having out-sung Wycombe all game for us to all be broken and them to sign 'you're not singing any more' did annoy me. I could take celebrations but them baiting us like that was a bit off. amazing way for us to win, terrible way for them to lose so i have some sympathy but didn't need the **** taking

I do feel for their fans.
I also feel for Ainsworth and his despicable players, but think the post will be removed if I put what I really feel.

I agree with rlb - unlucky Wycombe. Sure they showed gamesmanship but we'd have done the same. As brilliant a way it was for us to win, it was so cruel for them.

Yes Ainsworth is a knob but let's try and show so empathy - something it seems football fans are incapable of.

I am trying ...................

Nope, you know what empathy just isn't coming at all.

i didn't like the diving and time wasting to be honest. I think teams have started to target that we get frustrated by time wasting and build it into their tactics.
i felt absolute despair in the second half of extra time but having out-sung Wycombe all game for us to all be broken and them to sign 'you're not singing any more' did annoy me. I could take celebrations but them baiting us like that was a bit off. amazing way for us to win, terrible way for them to lose so i have some sympathy but didn't need the **** taking

We were sitting closer to half way and to be fair they made as much noise as we did.....

Karma.

As I said in the build up during the week, Ainsworth and his squad's antics contrived to get JB-W sent off at theirs. His side have taken terrible advantage of the head injury guidelines and used them totally to their advantage. Cheats do not prosper!

Incidentally, I think it's time for the FA to look at this head injury thing. If a player goes down with a head injury then they should have to leave the pitch for at least as long as they were down. Might stop some of the play-acting.

Not like they had a lot of sympathy for us after their goal is it?

"You're not singing anymore" wasn't it?

It's Sam Saunders I felt for. Not often League 2 players get to play at Wembley. Getting injured in the first 3 seconds is pretty harsh. Poor lad.

At least he's played there before!

24 hours later & I still truly believe "**** Wycombe", is the only just & proper mindset

Wycombe fan here...

Firstly wanted to congratulate you lot on promotion. 24 hours on and I still can't believe what happened but that's football, and we've had our share of the highs lately to live off for the next 3 months. Make sure you take 6 points off Col U next year for us!

I'm a bit surprised by some of the negativity on here towards us and it isn't a reflection of the conversations I had with your fans before or after the game (great banter on the tube beforehand to those in our carriage from Baker Street). Yesterday was a typical nervous play off final, with not a lot of quality from either side until the 75 minute mark. After that it was end to end and it wasn't a huge surprise that we needed 16 penalties to separate two sides who finished level in pretty much every way after 46 games.

I just wanted to make one point re. the time wasting as it's been much-discussed. Yes, we do it and yes we did it yesterday. It's one of our worst qualities and not something that I'm at all proud of. However, last season whilst we were struggling I watched teams doing the same to us every week so we're not alone (I also saw an Exeter fan on Facebook commenting about how you did it to them this season). In the end it counted against us, and I'd like to see referees take a firmer stance on it next season because it needs to be stamped out from the very top downwards. However, there is so much more to our team than that and I hope you managed to see some of the spirit and fight that has been the story for us all year in a match of relative low quality.

Anyway, congratulations once again and good luck for next season. I truly hope that you survive and go on from here.

Wycombe fan here...

Firstly wanted to congratulate you lot on promotion. 24 hours on and I still can't believe what happened but that's football, and we've had our share of the highs lately to live off for the next 3 months. Make sure you take 6 points off Col U next year for us!

I'm a bit surprised by some of the negativity on here towards us and it isn't a reflection of the conversations I had with your fans before or after the game (great banter on the tube beforehand to those in our carriage from Baker Street). Yesterday was a typical nervous play off final, with not a lot of quality from either side until the 75 minute mark. After that it was end to end and it wasn't a huge surprise that we needed 16 penalties to separate two sides who finished level in pretty much every way after 46 games.

I just wanted to make one point re. the time wasting as it's been much-discussed. Yes, we do it and yes we did it yesterday. It's one of our worst qualities and not something that I'm at all proud of. However, last season whilst we were struggling I watched teams doing the same to us every week so we're not alone (I also saw an Exeter fan on Facebook commenting about how you did it to them this season). In the end it counted against us, and I'd like to see referees take a firmer stance on it next season because it needs to be stamped out from the very top downwards. However, there is so much more to our team than that and I hope you managed to see some of the spirit and fight that has been the story for us all year in a match of relative low quality.

Anyway, congratulations once again and good luck for next season. I truly hope that you survive and go on from here.
thanks for the words, most of us are like the fans you met. there's an element on here as with every club who can't seem to separate players from fans from manager. I thought you were superb as fans singing for the whole game and actually the better team for most of the match. Your manager is the divisive figure but i'd rather have someone who is passionate and believes! Good luck next year

We were sitting closer to half way and to be fair they made as much noise as we did.....

fair enough then, it seemed like we sung more and made more noise but i was in the middle of our lot so at the opposite end to them. the atmosphere at our end was amazing though

Wycombe fan here...

Thanks for this mate. I know how I would feel if I was in your shoes at the moment, totally gutted. I would be amazed if you are not in the mix for a promotion spot next season if your squad stays together. You fans were first class yesterday I thought.

Wycombe fan here...

fair play, thanks for those kind and wise words

Ainsworth is a muggy little p****. Total disrespect was shown when he was clenching his fists and celebrating when there was 5 minutes to go.

Just shows it's never over until that whistle goes. I didn't think winning could be much sweeter but seeing his face after losing was absolutely priceless. Ta ta Ainsworth :hilarious:

Back