• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveh1510

Life President
Anyone else watch the speedway last night? Arena made there Elite league debut live on Sky against last years champions Poole, losing 47-43.

Looks like it could be a good season for them, once all the new riders (of whom Loram and Barker are top drawer) get used to the track.

Yeah i saw the last couple of heats. Couldnt believe how bad Tatum was
rock.gif

Yeah he had an off night, shame really as he and Lanham were the only 2 with any real experience on the track. Don't forget he's a reseve rider though, too much shouldn't be expected of him - he was just eclipsed by Poole's number 7 who had a blinder.

Me and my dad go all the time. The old guys a Speedway nut and has two bikes of his own as well as a shrine of memorabilia.

Not been this season yet all the my dad has will have to get along soon though, it's a good night out.

No, Tony Rickardsson was their number 5, who is multiple times world champion and would probably be quite insulted at the inclination that he was riding as a reserve!

But yes he is awesome.

I went for about 6 years on the trot many moons ago to Arena. Some of my family supported Rye House, so we used to have quite a rivalry!

Martin Goodwin was my hero!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Mar. 30 2004,12:45)]Me and my dad go all the time. The old guys a Speedway nut and has two bikes of his own as well as a shrine of memorabilia.

Not been this season yet all the my dad has will have to get along soon though, it's a good night out.
Yeah my Dads the same, used to go all the time until he moved down to Cornwall, then was going to Trelawney Tigers last season but they haven't a track anymore.

Its on Wednesday nights now Dave, because they have been promoted. I'm hoping to get down the first Wednesday after Easter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Mar. 30 2004,12:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Mar. 30 2004,12:45)]Me and my dad go all the time. The old guys a Speedway nut and has two bikes of his own as well as a shrine of memorabilia.

Yeah my Dads the same, used to go all the time until he moved down to Cornwall, then was going to Trelawney Tigers last season but they haven't a track anymore.

Its on Wednesday nights now Dave, because they have been promoted. I'm hoping to get down the first Wednesday after Easter.
Yeah my dad was saying it's changed nights which is a shame because it was good to go on a Friday have a few beers and watch the racing.

Shame you can't bet on races either but then rigging a race would be too easy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Mar. 30 2004,12:52)]Yeah my dad was saying it's changed nights which is a shame because it was good to go on a Friday have a few beers and watch the racing.
So go on a Wednesday, have a few beers and watch the racing then!
wink.gif

I know what you mean though.

I don't know much about speedway. Seems to me it is a load of Scandanavians with mullets going round a dirt track.

What I DID used to like was playing 'burn ups' on my Grifter.

Anyone else?

Arena Essex? You're sh*t aaarrrrgggghhhh......!

Come on you Pirates.
wink.gif

The only problem with Speedway is that it there is a frightening number of Pikeys in attendance. I swear that of the 4,000 odd that go to Poole 3000 of them are related to each other!
ghostface.gif

Sounds like a good night out, although I've always been put off by the fact they are called the 'Hammers'
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Mar. 30 2004,19:47)]Sounds like a good night out, although I've always been put off by the fact they are called the 'Hammers'  
mad.gif
It is a good night out especially when the racing is exciting with loads of ovetaking. Never really thought about the Hammers connection to be honest.

Perhaps we could arrange a night out down the Arena.

Whereabouts is the 'ground' then? I'd be up for a night down there sometime. Watched some of it last night while we were infront and we turned back 30 minutes to find we were down by 4 points. Shame you cant have a good little flutter on it though.

Kev

tounge.gif

[b said:

Ask your dad about the Rayleigh Rockets. That will test his knowledge.

Yep he's told me about them before. Use race down Stadium Way if my memory serves me correctly and regulary pulled in bigger crowds than at Roots Hall.

my old man goes to all over the place with a bunch of his cronies.i used to go week in week out to arena.had a go at mildenhall, iwade and hackney lots of fun.65-75 mph with no brakes.when i was over last i went to the british gp at cardiff so i had a good idea of what the atmosphere was like for you lot last week.i'm not sure but i think they got about 40,000 for the gp.cs cockles is a huge fan and he's there all the time.pick a good match to go to with some top riders,swindon,coventry,wolverhampton,belle vue should all be good, still saying that there won't be many bad meetings this year.i picked lindback in my fantasy team this year so good start for me as i had loramski as well.

Back