• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Mar. 30 2004,20:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Mar. 30 2004,12:45)]Me and my dad go all the time. The old guys a Speedway nut and has two bikes of his own as well as a shrine of memorabilia.

Not been this season yet all the my dad has will have to get along soon though, it's a good night out.
Ask your dad about the Rayleigh Rockets. That will test his knowledge.
My dad used to sweep the track, at both Rayleigh and Hackney.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Perhaps we could arrange a night out down the Arena.

As for that, I'd be up for it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Mar. 31 2004,02:40)]my old man goes to all over the place with a bunch of his cronies.i used to go week in week out to arena.had a go at mildenhall, iwade and hackney lots of fun.65-75 mph with no brakes.when i was over last i went to the british gp at cardiff so i had a good idea of what the atmosphere was like for you lot last week.i'm not sure but i think they got about 40,000 for the gp.cs cockles is a huge fan and he's there all the time.pick a good match to go to with some top riders,swindon,coventry,wolverhampton,belle vue should all be good, still saying that there won't be many bad meetings this year.i picked lindback in my fantasy team this year so good start for me as i had loramski as well.
Your right there bridgey, I even took a day off work to go to press and practice day. Tatum had bad machine problems the other night, on his day he is orsome, as you saw when he led Ricco for 3 laps. Now we are back in the Elite League I have noticed your dad turning up again CS, more worrying thoughis I always bump into him in the bar!!

Who remembers I think it must have been 1986? Martin Goodwin riding round the permeter at Roots Hall at Half time against Aldershot. I think he had just won the National League riders championship.

Next wednesday night the Hammers are riding Oxford in the KO Cup, we are only 1 point down from the away leg so it looks for a cracking meeting, well worth a visit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 30 2004,20:18)]Whereabouts is the 'ground' then? I'd be up for a night down there sometime. Watched some of it last night while we were infront and we turned back 30 minutes to find we were down by 4 points. Shame you cant have a good little flutter on it though.

Kev

tounge.gif
Kev, I think you can bet on the total number of points a team sill score.

Back