• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
New landlord his name is Alan, really nice bloke young and enthusiastic to build the pub up I know Ken had a good chat with him so I hope we can bring back some of that zone community we had with that pub back around 2005 era

New landlord his name is Alan, really nice bloke young and enthusiastic to build the pub up I know Ken had a good chat with him so I hope we can bring back some of that zone community we had with that pub back around 2005 era

He wants to sort out BT Sport then. Must have lost half a pub yesterday to the Railway.

Not drowning out the tv commentary when trying to watch a live match by having the jukebox blaring would also be good.

John and I are having a meeting with Michelle in the next couple of days.

Any issues, put them in this thread and we will pass them on. ( No topless barstaff or having to pay for drinks, please)

Any issues, put them in this thread and we will pass them on. ( No topless barstaff or having to pay for drinks, please)

So their drinks are free at the moment?? Cracking deal

Thank goodness for that. When he went topless and had them twirler things on his nips, I didn't know where to look.

We were told the BT Sport subscription ran out on Wednesday and there wasn't time to get it back for the weekend. Same with the card machine but both will be coming

We eventually got a BT Sport day pass and the pub did start to fill up again after that but Alan was also telling us the subscription charge is very rich!

All in all he seems a good bloke and he's a football man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Railway has been a Spurs pub for years when they are on TV. A few Arsenal fans quickly got the message and moved on to the Spread, only for BT Sports to go down.

They only took over the Spread on Wednesday and you can only do so much in a couple of days.

Quite, had a good chat with him, and a couple of drinks, last night.

He's very approachable and very keen, even down to wanting to come to a few games with the lads. As you say they've only been in since Wednesday and he mentioned that they had already committed a five figure sum in that time and the BT Sport subscription for a pub is well into four figures, as is Sky....
They've taken a five year lease so he is intent on making a go of it and is keen to change things up a bit....

May have to give the Spread a go again. Got fed up waiting for a beer in there for ages. Pete has it setup well in the Railway so go there most of the time.

May have to give the Spread a go again. Got fed up waiting for a beer in there for ages. Pete has it setup well in the Railway so go there most of the time.

The spread was going downhill fast with the bunch of clowns they kept putting in charge but this guy seems to have the right idea for the place.

If there wasn't this change over before Saturday I was probably gonna be drinking in the Railway too

The spread was going downhill fast with the bunch of clowns they kept putting in charge but this guy seems to have the right idea for the place.

If there wasn't this change over before Saturday I was probably gonna be drinking in the Railway too

Spread's never been the same since Terry left.

Personally, I'd be happy to pay a little bit more for a pint (in a glass) and no Sky Sports.:winking:

Indeed and remember he has also got to try and make this work for the 330+ days a year that there is no football at Roots Hall.

Back