• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spurs in the Southend End

Prodigal Son

Manager
Behind me were sat some Spurs fans in the Lower Tier, one of them complete in Spurs ski hat and this particular Julian ****s lookalike took great delight in celebrating the first goal. I am amazed it did not kick-off, says alot about the peace loving Southend fans around him. I had my seven year old with me so was pleased that nothing happened. Would have had to say something if I had been on my own.

So,which scumbag passed on his ticket? We are talking Lower Tier,Block 34,Row 12,seat 67. I will be asking the club to follow up,this is not the way to handle tickets.

Still amazed nobody uttered a word,I must say the Lower Tier resembled a family stand in many ways.

Lower Tier was a ****ing joke, full of namby pamby couldnt give a ****, rather sit on my hands than get behind the team muppets.. :mad:

Which Is why I moved towards the 'supportive' section in the 2nd half. :p

I'd just like to say this is by no means a dig at everyone in the lower tier, there were a few towards the back trying their best... ;)

Those who decided to sit there in silence and moan, can I ask why?... It's not like we have the luxury of visiting premiership grounds every week is it... :rolleyes:

Go on then shoot me down. :guns:

Needed to get that off my chest

Last edited:
Lower Tier was a ****ing joke, full of namby pamby couldnt give a ****, rather sit on my hands than get behind the team muppets..

Which Is why I moved towards the 'supportive' section in the 2nd half.

Go on then shoot me down.

Needed to get that off my chest.
Not going to the 'vic?

So,which scumbag passed on his ticket? We are talking Lower Tier,Block 34,Row 12,seat 67. I will be asking the club to follow up,this is not the way to handle tickets.

Bloke goes into shop. Buys ticket. Gives address

Unless he tells them, how does the club know he's a Spurs fan? He could have just walked in off the street and bought one, doesnt mean it was passed on.

Spurs were still selling tickets up until today though. If there were Spurs fans in our end then chances are they bought a ticket off of a tout who probably got it today off of a Southend fan.

Spurs were still selling tickets up until today though. If there were Spurs fans in our end then chances are they bought a ticket off of a tout who probably got it today off of a Southend fan.

No away tickets were sold today. I was one of the first STHs to submit my application and I think we sold 3,000+ to STHs before going on general sale so there is a fairly high chance it was passed on.

For all the searching by the stewards, they just let them walk in wearing a hat with a big ****erel on it.

No away tickets were sold today. I was one of the first STHs to submit my application and I think we sold 3,000+ to STHs before going on general sale so there is a fairly high chance it was passed on.

For all the searching by the stewards, they just let them walk in wearing a hat with a big ****erel on it.

No, what I meant was that Spurs were selling tickets in the home end up until today so there would have been no need for a Spurs fan to get his ticket in the Southend end unless he bought it off of a tout at the last second.

But why buy a ticket from a tout when there were hundreds of home end tickets available today ?

Lower Tier was a ****ing joke, full of namby pamby couldnt give a ****, rather sit on my hands than get behind the team muppets.. :mad:

Which Is why I moved towards the 'supportive' section in the 2nd half. :p

I'd just like to say this is by no means a dig at everyone in the lower tier, there were a few towards the back trying their best... ;)

Those who decided to sit there in silence and moan, can I ask why?... It's not like we have the luxury of visiting premiership grounds every week is it... :rolleyes:

Go on then shoot me down. :guns:

Needed to get that off my chest

Ok then, you asked for it :guns:
It may be an old chesnut but it still irks me when some shouty keyboard warrior decides to split the supporters up into 'proper' and 'p1ss poor' catogories. The fact that all those who went yesterday made the effort is enough to satisfy me that they were all supporters. If its your desire to "stand up if you love southend" 20 times in the 90 minutes then fair play to you and i hope the excercise benifits you (although i do feel for the unfortunate 'p1ss poor' supporter who may want to watch the action on the pitch rather than the sight of your backside). But for those of us who have no doubt seen a lot more summers come and go, We dont want to carry out this rather mundane operation. We just want to watch the football, cheer when we feel like, moan when we feel like, laugh when we feel like. But i'll tell you one thing.....We'll still be at the front of the queue each year renewing our season tickets. So take off your blinkers and join the real world.

If its your desire to "stand up if you love southend" 20 times in the 90 minutes then fair play to you and i hope the excercise benefits you (although i do feel for the unfortunate 'p1ss poor' supporter who may want to watch the action on the pitch rather than the sight of your backside). But for those of us who have no doubt seen a lot more summers come and go, We dont want to carry out this rather mundane operation.

Spot on, sir! This is a tired old chant that needs to be retired pronto because it only serves to DIVIDE our own fans (i.e. between those who stand and those who choose not to) rather than urge them to come together and join as one to support the team. I blame the death of the terrace ...

Last edited:
Its the same old story, we didnt make a lot of noise because we conceded an early goal and had little chance of getting back into the game.

Oh yes, stand up if you love southend, what a beauty. I dont sing or wish to stand up, so I obviously dont love Southend.

How nice it was for everyone near where I was to have to stand up because the people in front did. How cool we all looked as Spurs scored at that moment.

Smiffy, what would you prefer, 5,000 of us go to the game, or for there to have been 500 'real' supporters ? Im assuming the 1982 throwback idiots in front of me who got thrown out and let the club down would have been included in your real supporters group....

Excuse me lads..

Did I say anything about that ****y "Stand up If you love Southend" chant?..

I despise it as much as you lot.

What I was referring too, was the people who would rather spend 90 minutes moaning and slating the players, than trying to enjoy an occasion such as that, and just be proud that our boys have earned the right to play at grounds like The Lane.

It makes me laugh when I hear people say, "****ing hell *enter player name* your ****, Lennon is ****ing all over you"...
Shock horror that!..

Now, don't get me wrong I too vent my anger at certain players, If I feel they are not performing up to standards, but at times a sense of perspective is needed I feel..

Also, did I mention anything about "Real" supporters?...

No, I said "Supportive" which means fans who dont say things like above and just enjoy occasions such as yesterday regardless.

And no I don't condone the minority yesterday, I was nowhere near them and didn't even know of the incidents until I read this board.

Apologies If I have riled a few of you on here with my "blinkered" views, but as far as I'm concerned a supporter, supports the side, not slate them for getting skinned by England/various international players..

Now, if this happens in The Championship, that is a different story, all I am saying is some people need to have a reality check on days like yesterday.

Last edited:
It may be an old chesnut but it still irks me when some shouty keyboard warrior decides to split the supporters up into 'proper' and 'p1ss poor' catogories. The fact that all those who went yesterday made the effort is enough to satisfy me that they were all supporters. If its your desire to "stand up if you love southend" 20 times in the 90 minutes then fair play to you and i hope the excercise benifits you (although i do feel for the unfortunate 'p1ss poor' supporter who may want to watch the action on the pitch rather than the sight of your backside). But for those of us who have no doubt seen a lot more summers come and go, We dont want to carry out this rather mundane operation. We just want to watch the football, cheer when we feel like, moan when we feel like, laugh when we feel like. But i'll tell you one thing.....We'll still be at the front of the queue each year renewing our season tickets. So take off your blinkers and join the real world.

Spot on m8! completely agree

"Lower Tier was a ****ing joke, full of namby pamby couldnt give a ****, rather sit on my hands than get behind the team muppets.. "

Was your grand opening to the post Smiffy. Which, as an opening sentence, is hardly going to make those, "namby pamby couldnt give a ****, rather sit on my hands than get behind the team muppets.. " type of non supportive supporters listen to your point of view with reason.

Fair enough BBB, I accept that, but at the time of writing I was so upset about it, I just let it all out..

One of those shouldnt post until tomorrow moments...

But, I still stand by my follow up post.

Fair enough BBB, I accept that, but at the time of writing I was so upset about it, I just let it all out..

One of those shouldnt post until tomorrow moments...

But, I still stand by my follow up post.

Fair enough, we've all done it at times.

I'll second that. I was in the south lower and I've been supporting Southend for over 20 years now, anybody who wants to call me a p1$$ poor fan just because I go to a game to watch the football not shout abuse at the opposition fans is quite frankly a bit of a tosser.

Back