• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Squad Contracts 2020-2021

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
GK:
Mark Oxley - 2021
Harry Seaden - 2021 (option until 2022)
Alex Bass - 7 day extendable emergency loan until 5th March
James Montgomery - 7 day emergency loan until 8th March Club confirmed extended until 15th March

DEF:
Elvis Bwomono - 2020 (option until 2021) - option exercised until 2021
Jason Demetriou - 2021 (option until 2022)
Rob Howard - 2021 with option until 2022 - on loan to Kings Lynn until end of season
Nathan Ralph - 2021 (option until 2022)
Tom Clifford - 2021 with club option until 2022
Ide Osimeh - 2021 with option until 2022
Harry Kyprianou - 2021
Theo Vassell - has joined Wrexham
Shaun Hobson - 2021
Harry Lennon - 2021
John White - signed until Jan 2021 only extended until end of season
Richard Taylor - option exercised until 2021 - on loan at Barnet until 25th Feb with view to extending until end of season
Miles Mitchell-Nelson - 2021 with option until 2022
Sam Hart - 2021
Tyler Cordner - end of season

Joe Shaughnessy - 2020 (option until 2021) Cancelled. Has signed for St Mirren

MID:
Mark Milligan 2020 (option until 2021)
Emmanuel Osadebe - has joined Walsall
Stephen McLaughlin - has joined Coughlan's Mansfield

Alan McCormack - Jan 2021 until end of seaosn
Timothy Dieng - optioned exercised until 2021
Ashley Nathaniel-George - no length of contract given - now extended to 2022
Sam Mantom - 2020 (option until 2021)
Luke Hyam - 2020 (option until 2021)

Isaac Hutchinson - 2021 - has joined Derby
Eren Kinali - option exercised until 2021
Sam Barratt - 2020 - Offered meeting to discuss offer of new contract - Echo reports talks are making "good progress Has now left the club
Lewis Gard - 2021 with club option until 2022
Michael Klass - offered deal until 2021 with club option until 2022 - has apparently signed according to his instagram
Harry Phillips - 2022 with option until 2023
Terrell Egbri -2021 with option until 2022
Jon Benton -
signed professional contract
O'Shane Stewart - 2021 with option until 2022
Jordan Green - on loan until January 2021 returned to Barnsley
Kyle Taylor - on loan until January 2021 - now extended until end of season
James Olayinka- on loan until 27th January - now extended until end of season
Louis Walsh - 2022
Nathan Ferguson 2022 with a club option until 2023
Jacob Mellis - 2021 with option for 2022
Ricky Holmes - 2021

FWD:

Stephen Humphrys - 2021 - has joined Rochdale
Simeon Akinola - 2022 with option for 2023
Charlie Kelman - 2021 sold to QPR
Brandon Goodship 2021 (option until 2022)
Matt Rush - 2021 with option until 2022 - on loan to Tonbridge Angels until 3rd Feb
Emile Acquah - 2021
Kazaiah Sterling - on loan until 4th Jan 2021
Reeco Hackett-Fairchild - on loan until end of season
Greg Halford - Jan 2021 until end of season
Nile Ranger - month to month incentivised

————————-
2020 Ins and Outs

GK
Bishop - not replaced

Defence
Kiernan replaced by Vassell replaced by Hobson
Shaugnessy, Ridgewell - not replaced. Added Hart

Midfield
Milligan replaced by McCormack
Mantom replaced by K Taylor (loan)
McLaughlin replaced by Green (loan) who was replaced by Sterling (loan) who's been replaced by Hackett-Fairchild
Hutchinson - replaced by Nathaniel-George
Barratt -replaced by Walsh
Hyam - replaced by Ferguson
Osadebe - replaced by Mellis

Attack
Humprhys replaced by Akinola
Kelman, Hopper, Cox, Robinson - not directly replaced but added Halford, Holmes and Ranger

ACADEMY

Third year scholars (according to https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...-young-players-with-academy-players-retained/)

Callum Taylor - on work experience at Harlow until end of April Let go
Sam Brogan
Freddy Eastwood Jr
Ben Dabbs
Reiss Chandler
Issa Mpenga - on work experience at Harlow until end of April

Second year scholars
Oli Coker
Jimmy Wallace
Demaray Anyadike
Tommy Lambourne
Tommy Davis
Bobby Unwin
Jamie Grossart
Ergis Shala
Cameron Brown
Tendi Quamina

First year scholars
Adetayo Adedoja
Louie Arrowsmith
Callum Burkey
Kenny Coker
Harrison Clayden
Jaden Crowhurst
Brian Garzon
Luke Reeve

What has happened to?
Ahmet Biler - has signed for Harlow
Zak Pianim - has left per Chris Phillips
Sam Knock -
now at uni

Please note this is a thread for recording who is actually under contract. If you wish to discuss who should be released and extended please use the 2020 contracts discussion thread

Last edited:
Stephen McLaughlin - 2020 I believe club also have an option to take it to 2021

The ex Mac lads aren’t training with us YB so they can be taken off, I reckon!

I would expect him to be amongst this year's class of first year scholars. That hasn't been announced yet

@Exiled Shrimper - have you heard anything about this year's class.

I don't have confirmation yet (mainly because it's been five months since I last visited Boots & Laces!), but from the appearances last season I would be expecting the following to form the class of 2020-22:

Adetayo Adedoja (forward) - a powerful and pacy forward who has a tireless work-rate up front. Despite his tender years he has managed to hold the ball up superbly in the youth team, where he has contributed three goals in nine starts before being awarded his scholarship. Made his youth team debut as a 15-year-old against Northampton in January 2019.

Louie Arrowsmith (defender) - a versatile player who has featured most prominently at left-back in his six youth team appearances as a schoolboy but who has also played on either side of midfield.

Callum Burkey - made his youth team debut in a league cup victory over MK Dons in September 2019. Can't tell you much about him based on that game as I missed it!

Kenny Coker (forward) - Forward Kenny requires little introduction to Blues fans having become the third-youngest player in the club's history when he came off the bench to make his first-team debut in the League One victory over Lincoln City. Also netted four goals in 14 appearances for the U18s as a schoolboy last term, having joined the club in the summer of 2019 from Billericay Town.

Harrison Clayden (defender) - right-back who is the younger brother of Charlton Athletic U23s player Charles. An athletic full-back who made four appearances for the U18s as a schoolboy last season.

Jaden Crowhurst (midfielder) - central midfielder who made seven appearances for the U18s last season as a schoolboy and scored a cracking goal in a 3-1 victory over Leyton Orient. Jaden can play as a 4 or an 8 in the middle of the park and has shown tenacity to compliment his passing range in the youth team so far.

Brian Garzon (midfielder) - energetic attacking midfielder capable of playing out wide who made three substitute appearances for the U18s last season as a schoolboy.

Luke Reeve (defender) - tall central defender who featured in three matches for the U18s as a schoolboy last season. Looks to be composed on the ball and was not out of place when he made his full debut against AFC Wimbledon in February.

Kwabena Baffour-Akoto Yeboah (midfielder) - a central midfielder with an industrious work-rate in the middle of the park. His only two appearances were starts, with his debut particularly impressive as he complimented Crowhurst and showed a good understanding and reading of the game.

They join Jamie Grossart (GK), Tommy Davis (DF), Ergis Shala (DF), Jimmy Wallace (DF), Demaray Anyadike (MF), Cameron Brown (MF), Oli Coker (MF), Tommy Lambourne (FW), Bobby Unwin (FW) to form this season's U18s.

I don't have confirmation yet (mainly because it's been five months since I last visited Boots & Laces!), but from the appearances last season I would be expecting the following to form the class of 2020-22:

Adetayo Adedoja (forward) - a powerful and pacy forward who has a tireless work-rate up front. Despite his tender years he has managed to hold the ball up superbly in the youth team, where he has contributed three goals in nine starts before being awarded his scholarship. Made his youth team debut as a 15-year-old against Northampton in January 2019.

Louie Arrowsmith (defender) - a versatile player who has featured most prominently at left-back in his six youth team appearances as a schoolboy but who has also played on either side of midfield.

Callum Burkey - made his youth team debut in a league cup victory over MK Dons in September 2019. Can't tell you much about him based on that game as I missed it!

Kenny Coker (forward) - Forward Kenny requires little introduction to Blues fans having become the third-youngest player in the club's history when he came off the bench to make his first-team debut in the League One victory over Lincoln City. Also netted four goals in 14 appearances for the U18s as a schoolboy last term, having joined the club in the summer of 2019 from Billericay Town.

Harrison Clayden (defender) - right-back who is the younger brother of Charlton Athletic U23s player Charles. An athletic full-back who made four appearances for the U18s as a schoolboy last season.

Jaden Crowhurst (midfielder) - central midfielder who made seven appearances for the U18s last season as a schoolboy and scored a cracking goal in a 3-1 victory over Leyton Orient. Jaden can play as a 4 or an 8 in the middle of the park and has shown tenacity to compliment his passing range in the youth team so far.

Brian Garzon (midfielder) - energetic attacking midfielder capable of playing out wide who made three substitute appearances for the U18s last season as a schoolboy.

Luke Reeve (defender) - tall central defender who featured in three matches for the U18s as a schoolboy last season. Looks to be composed on the ball and was not out of place when he made his full debut against AFC Wimbledon in February.

Kwabena Baffour-Akoto Yeboah (midfielder) - a central midfielder with an industrious work-rate in the middle of the park. His only two appearances were starts, with his debut particularly impressive as he complimented Crowhurst and showed a good understanding and reading of the game.

They join Jamie Grossart (GK), Tommy Davis (DF), Ergis Shala (DF), Jimmy Wallace (DF), Demaray Anyadike (MF), Cameron Brown (MF), Oli Coker (MF), Tommy Lambourne (FW), Bobby Unwin (FW) to form this season's U18s.
This is great, thank you

Our contracted player list could do with a clean up. Can anyone have a go?

Was bored so had a go from what I can gather. Happy to be be corrected on any.

GK:

Mark Oxley - 2021

DEF:

Elvis Bwomono - option exercised until 2021
Rob Howard - 2021 with option until 2022
Tom Clifford - 2021 (option until 2022)
Ide Osimeh - 2021 (option until 2022)
Harry Kyprianou - 2021
Harry Lennon - 2021 (option until 2022)
John White - signed until Jan 2021 only
Richard Taylor - option exercised until 2021
Miles Mitchell-Nelson - 2021 (option until 2022)

MID:

Isaac Hutchinson - 2021 (option until 2022)
Michael Klass - 2021 (option until 2022)
Harry Phillips - 2022 (option until 2023)
Terrell Egbri -2021 (option until 2022)
Jon Benton - 2021 (option until 2022)
O'Shane Stewart - 2021 (option until 2022)
Jordan Green - 6 month loan from Barnsley

FWD:

Stephen Humphrys - 2021 (option until 2022)
Charlie Kelman - 2021 (option until 2022)
Matt Rush - 2021 (option until 2022)
Emile Acquah - offered professional contract

Will be interested to see if Ben Dabbs can make it, he was one of our kids at KH when I was there. Always stood out in the school team. I know he had an injury for much of last season.

Think his sister Bethany, plays for the ladies team.

Last edited:
Took Ollie's list and in bold are players with over 10 league appearances (subs or starts) for SUFC

GK:

Mark Oxley - 2021

DEF:

Harry Kyprianou - 2021

MID:

FWD:

Was bored so had a go from what I can gather. Happy to be be corrected on any.

GK:

Mark Oxley - 2021

DEF:

Harry Kyprianou - 2021

MID:

FWD:

Humphrys does not have an option until 2022. He is up at the end of the season.

You may be right but I was told categorically that Ron Martin insists on a years option on all contracts

You may be right but I was told categorically that Ron Martin insists on a years option on all contracts

How do you know he hasn’t gone all Colleen Rooney on you in an attempt to find out if you are Rebekah Vardy leaking his negotiation tactics?

How do you know he hasn’t gone all Colleen Rooney on you in an attempt to find out if you are Rebekah Vardy leaking his negotiation tactics?

I don't but I don't think it’s a secret it’s common practice. And I bet 99% if not all clubs do it!

Everything to gain for the club. Another year at same wages if they’ve done well and a months notice if they havent. Beauty of it is you only have to make a decision by the 3rd Saturday in May!

This article suggests there are only eight new first years scholars. Who is the odd one out?

I currently make us a squad of 26 including Acquah, but this excludes Phillips, Howard , Calum Taylor and Coker. Coker is obviously a second year scholar but Phillips on 2 year contract plus one year, must be highly thought of? as Howard , right back, is on one year plus option. I assume this is where Ron gets close to his 29 figure, but registration? Is there some form of lower pre registration. Like most of us Im confused with regards to the 23 squad limit

Still pretty much in the dark , it sure takes some understanding, maybe Chris Phillips could do an article to enlighten us, or the club tell us more ,or the Trust advise us?
As I understand it EFL rule 43.9.2. states League 1 and 2 clubs must have 22 Players registered on their squad list of which 8 must be Home grown. This reduces to a squad list in perpetuity from next season to 20 with 8 Home Grown. However rule 43.9.2 states that players under the age of 21 do not need to be counted into the squad list
Rule 43.9.3 states that the above 2020 squad list has to be submitted 24 hours after the conclusion of tis Summer window, presumably on the 17th October
( Incidentally A maximum of 5 loan players can be named in a matchday squad,)
Mitchell Nelson, Rich Taylor, Kinali, Egbri Kelman Rush ,Seadon and Acquah are ALL under 21 years of age , so presumably would not need to be included in our submitted squad list.
On the other hand who would be the 8 Home Grown ? 18 of the submit able squad list of 22 could be.....Ox, Bwomono, Kyp, Dieng, White, Ralph, Demi, Lennon, Clifford ( age 22 ) Hobson, Macca, Gard ( age 22 ) Kyle Taylor, Green, Goodship, Akin and Nat George. and I have had to include Klass ( age 22 ) so of this 18, only 4 could possibly qualify as Home grown Phillips is aged 22 though
To get to the 8 Homegrown in the 22 squad list to be submitted in a couple of weeks, would 4 of the above 8 youngsters need to be on the list for us to meet the rule requirement ?
Easy peasy aint it?? Nurse help Anyone able to offer greater clarity?

Back