• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As i live in Rochford council - i have added to their site.

Strange that most of the options in the drop down were negative & the only positive / supportive was "nice design"

I queried that anomaly at the Council Offices today but got a vague answer as to why only one 'positive' option was available and why the wording of that was rather odd. So saying, was confirmed the only relevant factor for Rochford's planning is comment on the training facility proposals and any remarks relating to the Stadium etc had no bearing and are discountable. Likewise any multiple set of comments / letters from an individual (as someone had already noted had happened) will be regarded as one submission. Will be submitting my pro-comments to the council shortly.

I wonder if there is a way to publicise this further and get our supporters behind this? I would imagine asking Chris Philips or any of the players to 'retweet' may be a problem for them?

Agreed. It's almost like we need some form of Trust or something for these types of situations that need the involvement of SUFC fans

Joking apart, what are the Trust doing? You would think they would at least write in to support the plans themselves as a minimum...

Would any planning committee take notice of any correspondance from a supporters group or would the vested interest be so obvious that it would not be considered.
Blatant I like SUFC so I support the development are going to be treated the same as those who think the world is going to end because 3 away fans might walk pasr their house.

Would any planning committee take notice of any correspondance from a supporters group or would the vested interest be so obvious that it would not be considered.
Blatant I like SUFC so I support the development are going to be treated the same as those who think the world is going to end because 3 away fans might walk pasr their house.

By that token Firestorm you could say why would they bother listening to the neighbours, with a vested interest so obvious. Decent letters making decent points specifically about the design, location, environmental impact and benefit to the town of supporting the overall development will be considered. Beyond that it helps to have more voices of support than objection.

I'm not saying that the trust should submit a collective response. I'm not even sure if that's possible. However, I do think they should put a piece up on their website to explain the recent developments, demonstrate that they're tracking the recent news, and suggest to their significant (I guess) membership how they can help. AAS have been million times more proactive and effective in recent months re the stadium.

The trust also have an open line to the club and Ron to find out other ways they can assist. This is a key point in the planning stage and from an outside perspective they're doing **** all. Their twitter is silent and it'd be so easy for them to contact members with a simple plan of why they should submit a note of support.

Edit: sorry Firestorm, just realised your point was in response to SS and I jumped on it

Done but still 20-6! Not enough availability to write comments. Only 100 characters are not enough. I think I will write a letter and post it to them also. Surely with all our supporters we should be able to get thousands of approval votes.

Received an email about something this morning so I've been put on a list. Probably not the first time.

By that token Firestorm you could say why would they bother listening to the neighbours, with a vested interest so obvious. Decent letters making decent points specifically about the design, location, environmental impact and benefit to the town of supporting the overall development will be considered. Beyond that it helps to have more voices of support than objection.

The neighbours have to live there, supporter will only benefit from the new stadium, hence the use of the phrase vested interest.

The council are expecting football supporters to support the application , largely because its good for them and it doesn't impact on them bar 90 minutes a week . it is can hardly be equated to , say, the woman who has to look at a 30 ft high fence 5 foot from her kitchen window (not that is true in this case ) .

However, regardless of what the Council actual do with the comments, we don't want the opponents to the scheme, most of whose comments are purely personal dislike for football, pointing out that their own fans didn't even bother to support .

So it works both ways really....

I found it difficult to know what to say in support of the Rochford application. In the end I said this which you are welcome to copy and paste if you are stuffed for something to say.

Southend United are desperately in need of a new stadium and supporting facilities to enable the club to grow. The plans before Rochford Council now will contribute to the development of the club. Approval of the plans will mean that the many supporters of the club that come from the Rochford area will have a ground that they can be proud of and also facilities for the amateur clubs in the area to use. Approval of these plans together with those before Southend Council would be a fantastic opportunity for both Councils to show that they are committed to the development of community facilities and at the same time, show support for the only full time professional football club in the area. Too often these days children only watch Premiership clubs. This is an opportunity for Southend United to offer them a first class alternative.

Back