• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium Name

sufcjoe

Members
Whats peoples thoughts on a stadium name i quite like Sutton Road not very original i know although better than some of these stadiums named after sponsors

I think a name has to be found that encompases the history of the club, as well as the future...exactly what it should be i dont know, but i will think.

As for the stands, we have to have at least these.....

1. The Roots Hall Family stand - which must be the one nearest Roots Hall
2. The Sid Bloomfield stand

There will be calls for a Stan Collymore Stand i presume, but i would not be in favour of this.....

Perhaps we could also have "The Roy McDonagh Bar" - :p

The New Stadium:

The Fossets Arena

As for one of the Supporters Bars:

The Tilly & Brush

The Main Stand Should be:

The Ron Martin Stand.

With the Faith in Southend And it's Supporters This man took a Huge gamble on us and with the help of a fantastic managerial team he has been rewarded so the stand should be named after him.

But i think we all know the stands and stadium will all be sponsored to get the most cash posible.

I still like "The c o c kle Shed" - gives a link to the sea, has character and a sense of humour! Sums us up as a club really.
I suppose it will end up being named after someone from our past or a sponsor. At least the Tampax stadium might plug the whole in our defence!!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I really hope it wont be another Ricoh or Emirates in that sense of the word.

Very much like the idea of Roots hall family stand and Sid Bloomfield.

How about Fossett Hall as a link between the old and the new?

Agree totally with ShrimpTank. Great names for stands.

I think the stadium name will be sponsored. It has to be to help pay for it. If this means there is more money for the club to spend on players/wages then I don't care. I'll just keep referring to it as the Mecca of Football anyway.

One of the food bars could be called "Feed the Goat" !!!!

I like Fossett Arena , good one ... Defo a Ron Martin Stand

Sid Broomfield really should be honoured with a stand named after him at very least. For those younger fans who may not know who Sid is, this man almost single-handedly built Roots Hall back in the 1950s. He began in March 1953 by levelling out the pitch with his bulldozer and removing large bits of rubbish (the site was used as a dumping ground for many years) and then, with just a handful of men using picks and shovels, he started to create something that resembled a ground. (Players and supporters would lend a hand; could see that happen now? Although Eastwood might have a contact for some left-over tarmac.) The ground was opened in August 1955 with a game against Norwich City; the supporters club had forked out just under £75,000 to buy the land and develop the ground. Someone remind us how much Fossetts Farm is likely to cost?

The Dr Marimuthu Velmurugan Stadium. :D

...Seriously though, I think Sid Broomfield definately deserves a mention somewhere.

Has to be said... again.....

the Collymore Carpark.
(Sorry Stan ) :o

Don't like the idea of The Roots Hall family stand sounds bit ridiculous to me.

Love the idea of the Sid Bloomfield one though certainly. :)

broomfield end... and then equivelent north/west/south stands, or maybe one called the Conga Stand!

stadium name... if a sponsored name gets us 1m a year then I'm all for it, as long as it has a name that the fans use (like ashburton grove)... maybe fossetts farm!!

Last edited:
Back