• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Since the demise of Sainsburys in this deal surely there isn't a need to use a CPO on the properties. After all, a housing estate there is going to need a pizza place of an evening.

I would sincerely hope, that any project undertaken at RH, will include replacing those **** shoddy shops in Victoria Avenue, the pizza ****e hole being one of them.
The area needs rejuvenating and it would be folly not to use this opportunity to do it. Whilst they are at it they should look at large swathes of the London Road too. Oh and the top of Southchurch road and.......

I would sincerely hope, that any project undertaken at RH, will include replacing those **** shoddy shops in Victoria Avenue, the pizza ****e hole being one of them.
The area needs rejuvenating and it would be folly not to use this opportunity to do it. Whilst they are at it they should look at large swathes of the London Road too. Oh and the top of Southchurch road and.......
Politics Alert!!!!
The Southchurch/Queensway project the council are forwarding looks to be a future Broadwater Farm/Kursall/Craylands ghetto in the making. Seriously though large areas of this town are dumps and beyond simple repair.
The small council houses and flats built on Rochford Road near the Co-Op are, however, very very good and an excellent use of derelict unused garage space.

I agree with you but i cant see it happening. They'll just develop the carpark and stadium areas and leave the rest.

I thought the shops on that corner had already been compulsory purchased. The flats above have been relet as they clearly wont be demolished for a few years.

I thought the shops on that corner had already been compulsory purchased. The flats above have been relet as they clearly wont be demolished for a few years.

Who cares either way to be honest Riggers. As others have said, it doesn’t matter a damn now Sainsbury’s have sodded off. I’d leave those poxy shops there and the pizza bloke might come to realise he overplayed his hand trying to get maximum dosh out of Ron. He can jog on.

Who cares either way to be honest Riggers. As others have said, it doesn’t matter a damn now Sainsbury’s have sodded off. I’d leave those poxy shops there and the pizza bloke might come to realise he overplayed his hand trying to get maximum dosh out of Ron. He can jog on.
Or he can continue selling pizzas/dodgy burgers etc 7 days/evenings a week until building work starts on Roots Hall. It's not impossible he may be ready to retire by the time that starts...................

I was told months ago it would be September but from my own personal experience even an admin error by SBC can result in a further delay.

Next Meeting Dates:-

Development Control Committee meetings

Weds 11th Sept 2019
Weds 2nd Oct 2019

Cabinet Committee meetings

Thurs 12th Sept 2019
Mon 4th Nov 2019

I was told months ago it would be September but from my own personal experience even an admin error by SBC can result in a further delay.

I'm sure they'll "forget" to cross a t somewhere but ensure Seaway is up for discussion.

There is no t in seaway though. 2 in fossetts, so it’s easy to forget to cross at least one of them

Hmmm ....... Fossells Farm does have a ring to it.

It seems to have been going on (or not going on) since prehistoric times.

When does the itinerary for September's planning meeting become available.

From the club.

You will be aware that Southend United Football Club (the Club) has long held ambitions to relocate to a new Stadium at Fossetts Farm. An application remains to be determined by Southend Borough Council for the new Stadium with supporting development. We remain positive that there will be a recommendation for Members to consider in the coming months.

The Club has therefore been progressing proposals for the redevelopment of Roots Hall Stadium, which helps to facilitate the move to Fossetts Farm. Rest assured however, the Council will not allow the Club to move from Roots Hall Stadium, without equivalent facilities constructed first at Fossetts Farm.
The Club would therefore welcome residents’ feedback to the emerging plans and proposals for the redevelopment of the Roots Hall Stadium site and to help explain the redevelopment scheme to residents and businesses in the vicinity of the stadium. The development is essentially a residential only scheme for 504 residential units. We have agreed the extent of consultation with the Council to hopefully avoid us missing any interested party.
You are therefore cordially invited to view the scheme proposals at either of the times set out below, to give us your views and ask questions of the design team:
  • Saturday 10th August 9.30am – 12.30pm – Blues Legends Lounge, Roots Hall Stadium, Victoria Avenue*
Or
  • Wednesday 14th August 6pm – 9pm – Blues Legends Lounge, Roots Hall Stadium, Victoria Avenue
*Please note, parking will not be available on Saturday 10th August due to it being a matchday.
Should you not be able to attend either of these two dates, the exhibition material will be available to view on the Consultation page of the PowerHaus Consultancy website from 10th August 2019 until 26th August 2019 (www.powerhausconsultancy.co.uk). You will still have time to comment and send feedback forms during these times.
We do hope that you will be able to attend the exhibition and we look forward to hearing your views and to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
Does this mean it'll be months before the the plans get looked at by the council?

I refer to my earlier post . The problem as always is that when asked about the delay, the council blame RM and the planning application, or changes to the planning application, and RM blames the council for one reason or another for delaying things. They never seem to work from the same page to get things moving.

May 17th 2019.........Update. So Ron Martin wants the Fossetts Farm decision by July, but the council's reply is that it's unlikely because through the planning process, the council have raised a number of concerns, and these have to be addressed by the applicant.

Back