• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does anyone know what we are actually under embargo for? Players have been paid (late admittedly), the accounts have finally been filed so what other reasons are there for the embargo? I'm not disputing we are under the influence of a certain juice drink , just curious as to what the actual reason is?

Could be for all manner of football debts.

If I were to take a wild guess and IF we are under Embargo (As reported in the Echo) I would say either or both of these could be a reason:

Loan fee's due to parent club
Ticket revenue due to opposition club

I for one didn't know players were being paid late. Not all of us have mates on the inside at the club.

Anyway, I know it gets your goat when I stick up for the Echo so let's not turn this into another merits/non merits of the Echo thread.

Lets hope we havent peed off Watford as without Assombolongas goals we are pretty screwed.

I wouldn't have thought we were paying a loan fee for Britt, as isn't he under a "Youth Loan" which is a fancy way of saying work experience. Happy to be corrected if wrong, but I thought under the last set of changes regarding loans due to the transfer windows being established, there are more than one type of loan now?

Does anyone know what we are actually under embargo for? Players have been paid (late admittedly), the accounts have finally been filed so what other reasons are there for the embargo? I'm not disputing we are under the influence of a certain juice drink , just curious as to what the actual reason is?

Well the players being paid late wont be it as thats only since Friday.

Im not actually sure what the reason for this one is.

Personally Im hoping that as bad as things have got this is going to be resolved shortly. There have been so many rumours about good news its surely got to mean progress on the stadium, and if that is the case then money will change hands and Ron can clear some debts.

Plus another game on Saturday can only help.

Ticket revenues due to another club is certainly a rumour I have heard but not sure if it is the cause of the umbungo.

I think it's sad that at our time of need, only 4,100 home fans could be bothered to come along on Tuesday. People of course have their own personal circumstances and I'm not saying 'you're a **** for not turning up' but it's just a little bit sad more people can't get behind the club when we need them most.

Ticket revenues due to another club is certainly a rumour I have heard but not sure if it is the cause of the umbungo.

I think it's sad that at our time of need, only 4,100 home fans could be bothered to come along on Tuesday. People of course have their own personal circumstances and I'm not saying 'you're a **** for not turning up' but it's just a little bit sad more people can't get behind the club when we need them most.
Win games and get promoted and people come to games. We still have one of best attendances in this league.

Also have another game on Saturday which will bring in some more money.

This is going to happen almost every month. For a very long time.

Depends on the good news. If the good news is the ground is going ahead we may be getting a lot of money coming through.

If the good news is theres a 10% discount at Subway, then I think you are right.

Kavanagh my lord, Kavanagh,
OH MY LORD, Kavanagh.

He will sort the mess out. :Worthy:

This is going to happen almost every month. For a very long time.

Then this needs to change and quick.

Sturrock has 15 players to work with, who are being paid late. With no option to strengthen the squad. That is a disastrous situation.

If this continues, it will eat away at the good work Sturrock is doing, like a cancer.

Why do you not want to know the trouble the club is in?

We have been talking about the clubs financial issues for 2 months, we are unable to field a team at the moment as we only have one midfielder due to the embargos we have been under. If this continues it could damage performances on the pitch and ruin the season.

I think that warrants reporting.

Bit dramatic. Where have I said I don't think the Echo should be reporting this? I'm just saying, as with any commercial news medium, they have their own interests too.

Also where did you get the news we can't field a team at the moment? As I see it Woodyard can step in for Spicer - not great but we'll still be fielding a team Saturday.

Depends on the good news. If the good news is the ground is going ahead we may be getting a lot of money coming through.

If the good news is theres a 10% discount at Subway, then I think you are right.

But even if the good news is that the stadium is about to start, which will I'm sure make it much easier for the Club to find funding to meet its cashflow obligations, it's only going to result in us getting into more and more debt. It doesn't change the underlying problem.

I'd like to know what the breakeven attendence figure is nowaday.

Fan gets head stuck up arse and refuses to concede the chairman may be spinning a line again shocker

Well done Einstein.

The point I was trying to make was that the drama/crisis at the club just serves to make the Echo more money. I trust Ron Martin as much as the rest of you but I also know the Echo has it's own interests in seeing drama at the club - match reports don't sell as many newspapers as stories of impending doom.

As I see it Woodyard can step in for Spicer - not great but we'll still be fielding a team Saturday.[/QUOTE]

For what Spicer gives the team, we could play with 10 men and not notice the difference! Every game he's played we've virtually only had 10!

Well done Einstein.

The point I was trying to make was that the drama/crisis at the club just serves to make the Echo more money. I trust Ron Martin as much as the rest of you but I also know the Echo has it's own interests in seeing drama at the club - match reports don't sell as many newspapers as stories of impending doom.

Really? If that was the case I'm sure they would have a story to report on every single week of the season. Remember Chris P is a fan himself. I'm sure he takes no pleasure in revealing the shambles going on. But perhaps he feels the fans deserve to know the truth.

Now it's all out in the open. Perhaps the fans can now understand the difficult conditions the players, management and staff are working under. And offer that little bit extra in the stands on a matchday.

This is just becoming the doom and gloom of old times.

Ron clearly hasn't learnt from his mistakes and I have had enough of all this crap

WE WANT MARTIN OUT SAY WE WANT MARTIN OUT

or some investment :)

Bit dramatic. Where have I said I don't think the Echo should be reporting this? I'm just saying, as with any commercial news medium, they have their own interests too.

Also where did you get the news we can't field a team at the moment? As I see it Woodyard can step in for Spicer - not great but we'll still be fielding a team Saturday.

The Echo have actually been reluctant to go to press, they could have done so long before. Of course they sell papers but they are also totally correct to post negative stories where they exist. I personally am glad they are there to do so as like in 2010 the issues dont get brought to the forefront. Back then the Echo got slaughtered for running the story and it turned out we were millions in debt.

And yes we could play Woodyard, we could also play a ballboy or even one of the Wiggles. What we cant do is play anyone with any experience.

But even if the good news is that the stadium is about to start, which will I'm sure make it much easier for the Club to find funding to meet its cashflow obligations, it's only going to result in us getting into more and more debt. It doesn't change the underlying problem.

I'd like to know what the breakeven attendence figure is nowaday.

No it may not resolve our underlying issues, but you commented that this will happen every month now and I was just highlighting why it might not.

Who knows what will happen in the future, we have already spent over 5 million of money from the stadium project, who knows what impact that will have. It may be the profits clear it all, but Ill believe that when I see it.

Back