• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And just taking it for granted that there is 100% no chance of any alternative is also reckless.

Ive never advocated a massive campaign, but I do think people should be asking questions and keeping an open mind about any side of the argument.

No one as far as I'm aware has ever stated there is 100% no chance of any alternative. But getting shot with no alternative lined up is reckless, especially when we know that we have huge cashflow issues which mean that whoever took over would need to find £50-100k straight away and then again every month going forward.

No one as far as I'm aware has ever stated there is 100% no chance of any alternative. But getting shot with no alternative lined up is reckless, especially when we know that we have huge cashflow issues which mean that whoever took over would need to find £50-100k straight away and then again every month going forward.

Read Shrimperjon's post above then....

There have been other comments saying we are lucky to have him too.

Ive never suggested we should just force Ron Martin out with no alternative, the point Ive made is to keep an open mind to anyone who says stop having a go at Ron theres no alternative, because there actually may be.

Personally Im happy Ron can run the club for the next 30 years if he can demonstrate he has the financial ability to do so, but if it looks like he cant then questions should be asked.

Ticket revenues due to another club is certainly a rumour I have heard but not sure if it is the cause of the umbungo.

Ticket revenue is only due for cup games. We played away in the league cup, and I doubt there were enough people at the JPT game for us to have believed keeping the revenue would make a difference.

Ticket revenue is only due for cup games. We played away in the league cup, and I doubt there were enough people at the JPT game for us to have believed keeping the revenue would make a difference.

If it is this seasons cup revenue yes...could be for last season though I suppose?

You have to ask the question as to why Woodyard is even here? He hasn't gone out on loan, and he doesn't seem to be pulling up trees in training or in the stiffs. Doing a Herd...

What's his throw like?

So if I go to our ticket office and pay for a ticket to any league away match, surely we still have to pass that revenue on?

So the Echo astounds a few people who must have spent the last number of years without the internet in Ulan Bator.

According to the premier essex editorial we only have 15 fit players to choose from. No news there.
We have been under an embargo. No news there.
Players were paid late. Well thats actually good news in that the players were paid.
4,150 to see match against Burton being our lowest home league attendance since 2004. A trend throughout the division this season so no news there.
Gary Lockett has left. No news there.
Mohsni and Hall are not training with us. No news there.

So all in all it was an article that merely catalogued what we all were very aware of, apart from the players late wages. Big deal.

If that is supposedly a story to increase circulation then those who buy the paper for that reason really have no life whatsoever. I learn more about the club goings on from the few 'leaked' titbits on this forum than I ever will from the Echo.

So the Echo astounds a few people who must have spent the last number of years without the internet in Ulan Bator.

According to the premier essex editorial we only have 15 fit players to choose from. No news there.
Players were paid late. Well thats actually good news in that the players were paid.
4,150 to see match against Burton being our lowest home league attendance since 2004. A trend throughout the division this season so no news there.

So all in all it was an article that merely catalogued what we all were very aware of, apart from the players late wages. Big deal.

If that is supposedly a story to increase circulation then those who buy the paper for that reason really have no life whatsoever. I learn more about the club goings on from the few 'leaked' titbits on this forum than I ever will from the Echo.

Thats about as rose tinted you will get....

Its not good news they were paid, its a relief they were before the good spirit in the camp is destroyed.

I wonder at what point you would be concerned ? When they were a week late ? Two weeks ? A month?

Those players will now spend the next month wondering if they will get paid on time. Not really a nice thing for anyone to be thinking about.

Well it is really, when our great leader Ronald says and I quote "There are areas where reinforcements are needed and Paul will be supported when he identifies the right players to join us."

That is complete bull**** and unfair on PS, when he knows full well we are under Embargo. Can you not see this? Really?

Sturrock has had plenty of players training with him recently, that could of eased the crisis. But he has been unable to bring them in through no fault of his own. Ron implies that it is Sturrocks inability to "identify" these players as the reason none have arrived.

Last edited:
So if I go to our ticket office and pay for a ticket to any league away match, surely we still have to pass that revenue on?

Well that's what we are supposed to do, but I understand that it is something that us and many other lower league clubs do not do.

Apparently, again like many other lower league clubs, we wait until the receipts for ticket sales due to other clubs for away matches are deducted from any incoming payments from the Football League.

Until this happens and clubs like Plymouth get paid, then we are under an embargo.

Well it is really, when our great leader Ronald says and I quote "There are areas where reinforcements are needed and Paul will be supported when he identifies the right players to join us."

That is complete bull**** and unfair on PS, when he knows full well we are under Embargo. Can you not see this? Really?

Yes but you and many others have repeatedly referred to the club being under an embargo so it is not news.

Its not good news they were paid, its a relief they were before the good spirit in the camp is destroyed.

I wonder at what point you would be concerned ? When they were a week late ? Two weeks ? A month?

Those players will now spend the next month wondering if they will get paid on time. Not really a nice thing for anyone to be thinking about.

Not trying to be rose tinted. merely pointing out that my concern level has not been raised by going over already known facts.
If the Echo wants to make an issue of old news then that is their problem. Maybe they could have made more of a friendly with Witham that had trialists. They could run a weekly player profile on the youths so that we all get to know of them. The Echo could be very supportive and interesting as far as Blues are concerned.

I accept they should cover the bad things too but not when its making a list of old news to try and make a bigger point. Headline, '1065 plague of London, 1066 fire of london. What is going on with london?'

Yes but you and many others have repeatedly referred to the club being under an embargo so it is not news.
Well it is when those that have mentioned it, have been repeatedly shot down for saying it.

Now CP has confirmed it, it is no longer a "rumour" with no "source" which makes it "news" in my book. And as Ken says above, not every fan uses SZ.

We should let them know that they won't be then, saves them worrying.

Well it is when those that have mentioned it, have been repeatedly shot down for saying it.

Now CP has confirmed it, it is no longer a "rumour" with no "source" which makes it "news" in my book.

I do not believe you are shot down for saying it. Unfortunately the embargo like many things is alluded to before known for definite and then when it is known the source is never revealed. So yes some of us wish not to accept every suggestion/opinion the second it is posted. Come on Smiffy, you know this forum, there are plenty of alarmists that say things for the sake of it, plenty of anglers and plenty that swear blind they are right and then proved wrong.

I am glad that you and some others reveal odds and sods about the club but even you must accept some of your posts are alarmist before the fact. I am sure your heart is in the right place, Blues through and through but you dont hold back, like others too, when there is a chance to drag RM's name through a deep trough of slurry.

I do not believe you are shot down for saying it. Unfortunately the embargo like many things is alluded to before known for definite and then when it is known the source is never revealed. So yes some of us wish not to accept every suggestion/opinion the second it is posted. Come on Smiffy, you know this forum, there are plenty of alarmists that say things for the sake of it, plenty of anglers and plenty that swear blind they are right and then proved wrong.

I am glad that you and some others reveal odds and sods about the club but even you must accept some of your posts are alarmist before the fact. I am sure your heart is in the right place, Blues through and through but you dont hold back, like others too, when there is a chance to drag RM's name through a deep trough of slurry.

You should be able to tell who actually knows though.

There are people on here who when they say they have heard something I know its going to be true.

Some of the information that comes out is iffy, but when you get numerous reliable posters saying the same thing then I personally accept it.

Back