• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Starting line up on Tuesday

I don't advocate dropping Hunt for league games just because he had a mare on Saturday. I do think we should give Jupp a go against Rushden though, as he hasn't played much and Hunt might benefit from a rest, as will any of the other first teamers Tilly decides to rest for this game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 16 2005,20:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Oct. 16 2005,19:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 16 2005,19:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Oct. 16 2005,17:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Oct. 16 2005,16:29)]Play the youth team and lose 5-0...who cares about this tin-pot toss?
Trueist words spoken on this site this season. Play the friggin youth team tilly, we should not bother our first team with the LDV this year we need to focus on the league and only the league.
I'll assume neither of you went to Cardiff for the LDV final then...
Actually i attended both LDV finals so up yours buster.

I just feel we've gone past the LDV stage with our first team, although the revenue would be nice i think we can risk more than we can gain with this competition this year. I reckon we've got a superb team and that the league is the priority, maybe in some sort of way i'm being negative but i remember last season and the slump that happened after that cardiff final remember it is another 5 games!
The final is another 3 weeks later this season in mid-April so any slump will be short lived unlike last season.

Winning is a momentum and a mentality.  It has been a major factor to our league form over the last 2 seasons.  It's also been extremely important to the club coffers to ensure not only a better playing squad, but more importantly our survival.

And sticking to the thread my preferred line-up would be:

Flav

Jupp
Barratt
Edwards
Wilson

Campbell-Ryce
Maher
Smith
Cole

Eastwood
Gray/Lawson
I disagree with the people on here who say I hope we get knocked out / mickey mouse cup etc. We have some very decent players on the bench who are not getting any proper match practise of late. By having these games those players get a chance to play for 90 mins in a real game. If we get knocked out then its just the odd reserve game. Players like JCR, Smith and that would surely welcome a chance to shine?

and what are you people going to say when one of first 11 get (god forbid) a serious injury.....would we really want Jay out for another season or Freddie with a broken leg? Concentrate on the league.

flahaven
jupp
barrett
prior
wilson
campbell ryce
gutridge
mayher
cole
gray
eastwood

i would do this because i think we need to experiment more with the players and i think that the ldv vans trophy is a great chance to do this

Tilly's tactics for the LDV in previous seasons has been:

* Rest an elder statesman in defence (i.e. usually Spinner rested and Eagle played)
* Change the forwards
* Keep the rest of the team the same.

That said, with one or two players having average games on Saturday, he may want to take a look at some other options... so I reckon we'll line up:

Flahavan

Jupp Prior Barrett Wilson

Bentley Maher Smith JCR

Eatwood Lawson

Looks like a decent side, that...

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 17 2005,09:49)]Tilly's tactics for the LDV in previous seasons has been:

* Rest an elder statesman in defence (i.e. usually Spinner rested and Eagle played)
* Change the forwards
* Keep the rest of the team the same.

That said, with one or two players having average games on Saturday, he may want to take a look at some other options...  so I reckon we'll line up:

Flahavan

Jupp      Prior       Barrett       Wilson

Bentley  Maher     Smith         JCR

Eatwood Lawson

Looks like a decent side, that...

smile.gif
apart from Ol Butterfingers in goal and Jupp (where he?) as RB.

I'd bring back Bart, put Eagle RB and put Spinner (if he's fit) CB. Then put Benno inside with Maher, RC on the wing and Gower (if fit) on the other wing.

Agree with the forwards though, if only because I reckon Lawson has got short shrift recently.

I'd go for;

Bart

Wilson
Spinner
Barrett
Jupp

JCR
Maher
Bentley
Gower

Freddy
Lawson

Surely this has got to be treated as a reserve match at this stage. So rest the starting 11 from Saturday and go with:

GK Griemink
RB Jupp
CB Spinner
CB Anderson/Skelton
LB Wright
RM Gower (is he fit?)
CM Pettefer
CM Smith
LM Campbell-Ryce
CF Eastwood
CF Lawson

That should be good enough to AT LEAST hold their own against R&D (there's six from last year's promotion-winning side there).

Subs-wise, I'd pick Welch & the other of Skelton/Anderson, plus from the first team (just to bring on a bit of quality if we're in trouble after 70-75 minutes) Bentley, Guttridge & Gray.

Bartman

Jupp
Prior
Barrett
Wilson

JCR
Maher
Smith
Petts

Eastwood
Gray

Subs

Flahavan, Edwards, Guttridge, Goater, Lawson

Thats what I'd go for.

Might be a chance to try either Hunt or Juppy at left back, see how they cope incase Wilson picks up a knock.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 17 2005,14:52)]Be hard to lose against a team with Drewe leading the attack.

(Oh football you are so fickle)
lets hope that comment doesnt come back to haunt you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Oct. 17 2005,15:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 17 2005,14:52)]Be hard to lose against a team with Drewe leading the attack.

hahaha. I wouldnt know whether to laugh or cry.

dreeeeeeeewwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee

ps see Bombhead's doing well.

I think we should field the same team as we did against Doncaster. I reckon the lads would welcome a second chance and put right what went wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 17 2005,15:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Oct. 17 2005,15:04)]
[b said:

hahaha. I wouldnt know whether to laugh or cry.

dreeeeeeeewwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee

ps see Bombhead's doing well.
Seeing as goal difference makes no odds, then my favourite preference for a scoreline tomorrow would be 4-3 to us, with super Dreeeewwwweeeee scoring a hat-trick for them!

Don't know why people don't want to have a cup run. considering that we never get past round 1 in the league cup and we will throw away our FA cup chance of a big tie ot a non-league team, we should play tow in to ensure that we.....oh.....I mean you lot will have something to watch mid week in 2006.

I can't really remember but I think it was mighty boring without the LDV latter stages to go see.

Back