• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hate Evans for what he did at Boston thereby cheating Dagenham & Relegated out of a Football League place. I for one am glad that the Daggers eventually made it.
He is due some comeupance and I have already marked Tuesday 6th March 2012 as the day when hopefully we can pack Roots Hall again and gain revenge for our disappointing performance at their place. (Incidentally how did that pass the ground grading criteria?) Maybe the club will do another £5 promotion for that one?

He's an absolute ****, ******, ******* and every other name under the sun. Even a couple of Cheltenham fans who I know said how much of a tosser he is, so it's good to see so many people actually dislike the ****.

Thank you and rant over :smile:

To be honest, Evans and Di Canio's teams have both beaten us in the league. Crawley are big and strong and with Tubbs up front will probably challenge all season. To be honest I expect Crawley and ourselves to be swapping places at the top on a regular basis this season. League one is a different kettle of fish however and it is there where Evans and Crawley may well be "found out"

I'm not fussed about Crawley, we've seen nouveau riche clubs before, and they generally crash & burn. However Evans is a crook, he's served time for fraud while in charge of a football club. IMO because of his past he shouldn't be allowed to manage a football club.

I think its more to do with income/turnover rather than gate size. Even so it does seem strange as gate receipts must form the majority of income?

at the begining of the seasson their chairman stated that they an Escrow bank account (ring fenced) with cash in it to cover wages for two years. The amount included potential wage rasies should they be promoted.
He wasn't being big headed, but was answering a question on paying the players wages

at the begining of the seasson their chairman stated that they an Escrow bank account (ring fenced) with cash in it to cover wages for two years. The amount included potential wage rasies should they be promoted.
He wasn't being big headed, but was answering a question on paying the players wages

Yeah that's the case but I don't get why/how that entitles them to pay above the salary cap.

Yeah that's the case but I don't get why/how that entitles them to pay above the salary cap.

Its "alleged" that Crawleys players are all on the £700-£1000 pw that will keep them within the turnover/budget/wages 60% thingy but they also receive £50k cash as a signing on bonus through there mysterious owners

As i say its "alleged" as the only ones who will know will be those concerned with running the club, the fact that someone, who may happen to be an odious fat Scotsman, has history of this is, of course, totally coincidental

I heard something about he buys players himself then "loans" them to the club..I don't know how true that is though.

There's many ways around it...."rental payments" "consultancy fees and retainers" paid by holding Companies all go towards "income" for the football club.
Maybe the bankrollers pay £500,000 a year for their season tickets..who knows.

I'm not sure how "charitable donations" from friends are accounted for though? - that was the official line of where their money came from when they bought the conference title.

I meant more specifically the point that united we stand made. I've also heard that they are allowed to ignore the salary cap because they've deposited funds covering two years worth of wages in an escrow account which the Football League have visibility of. I hadn't realised before that the 60% cap could be exceeded in certain circumstances.

Its "alleged" that Crawleys players are all on the £700-£1000 pw that will keep them within the turnover/budget/wages 60% thingy but they also receive £50k cash as a signing on bonus through there mysterious owners

As i say its "alleged" as the only ones who will know will be those concerned with running the club, the fact that someone, who may happen to be an odious fat Scotsman, has history of this is, of course, totally coincidental

I can't imagine that they/he would try the same thing again, having been done for it by the HMRC at Boston. But nothing would surprise me.... I remember at Boston our very own Mr Michael Marsh being allegedly one of the beneficiaries of their creative accountancy. I heard a rumour (obviously unsubstantiated) that his weekly payslip was £100, yet his weekly expenses were over 10 times that, and I think the club forgot to mention the £20k signing on fee to our friends at the tax office.

However much I hate evans, I have to say the Crawley fans at their place earlier in the season were generally very nice people. Which is a shame, because I wanted more reason to hate them.
The left back looked very good (still an unbelievably lucky goal though) and I think they will be up there at the end of the season.

Whatever it is Crawley are doing to get round the salary cap, it's a safe bet the FL won't do anything about it until they're as good as promoted.
Notts County breached the cap by several hundred per cent in their promotion season and I think the FL imposed a transfer embargo on them as a punishment - but only after they had already signed up what proved to be a promotion-winning squad.

Whatever it is Crawley are doing to get round the salary cap, it's a safe bet the FL won't do anything about it until they're as good as promoted.
Notts County breached the cap by several hundred per cent in their promotion season and I think the FL imposed a transfer embargo on them as a punishment - but only after they had already signed up what proved to be a promotion-winning squad.
Who mostly scarpered as soon as they could!

Back