• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewards

I was a steward when the when we got promoted season before last and i wouldnt recomend it to anybody. I only did it because i was on incapacity benefit and the club no longer offer concessions for that and i could afford to go. Basically you have to get at the ground for 12.30 on a saturday and just get abused all afternoon you are supposed to watch the crowd rather than the game (which i didnt) and you get about £20 for the privelidge most of the stewards are a bit strange or simple or even worse hate football. Would never do it again.

My mates son wants a saturday job. According to the OS there are stewarding vacancies for next season, but no information on experience needed, what age you have to be etc and wondered if, on the off chance, anyone knew anything bout it?

Friendly personality, customer facing, fair, impartial and able to demonstrate initiative and common sense.

Any of those would rule him out.

Age limit is 16 and over, they usually hold a open day just before the start of season its usually advertised on the OS. I worked as a turnstylist League 1 promotion season, £15 for 3 hours work, people who run it all a bunch of w****rs. Dont ever get a matchday job at SUFC is my best advice!

Last edited:
I am not sure of the age limit but other requirements are must have a out of date haircut, drag knuckles on floor, look like a celebrity (EG - We have Bob Carolgess and Bruce Forsyth in the South Upper) and must have some bold white socks to go with black shoes and ankle swinging trousers.

Hope this helps.

We have Young Mr Grace (Are you Being served) & Tony Curtis in the East Greens.

My mates son wants a saturday job. According to the OS there are stewarding vacancies for next season, but no information on experience needed, what age you have to be etc and wondered if, on the off chance, anyone knew anything bout it?

Tell him not to bother all stewards are *****!!

:fury:

Our stewards crack me up.

I have some strange, dump, middle-aged women who 'controls' my section of the South upper.

She continuosly mumbles to herself and quite clearly isn't the full ticket. If it kicked-off she'd be as useful as a chocolate teapot. As would most of our stewards!

And as for Jobson....don't get me started!

Back