• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
I never usually have dreams, but this past week they are coming at me with greater weirdness each night.

Last night, I dreamt it was our home match V Huddersfield, in which I was in attendance. I arrived into the stadium and as usual went to the steward in the West Stand block W, and asked if I could put up my flag. The crowd was very low, so he said why not put it up on the seats at the front of Block U. So just as I was about to put it up there, a family sat down. He then suggested putting it up high around the poles at the front of the stand: "Everyone will see it now mate!" he chuckled.

Anyway, the teams came out, and Kevin Maher was announced for them. And Robbie Fowler was announced for us up front. I distinctly remember asking Southminster Gary and OBL if it was true, and also remember OBL making a sly remark about how glad she was it was Maher and not Foran. Poor form :D

Maher ran the show, and Fowler was a horrible overweight mess alongside Barnard. Just before halftime, the ball went out for a throw in, and Maher came up and said hello and shook my hand - whilst the game carried on. Soon after, half time came, and lots of our fans started complaining they couldn't see the clock on the South Upper because of my flag. A mass brawl started, and the match had to be abandoned. The following season, we were top of the list with regards football related arrests with 2,500 :D

Anyone else want to own up to weird dreams they've had?

I never usually have dreams, but this past week they are coming at me with greater weirdness each night.

Last night, I dreamt it was our home match V Huddersfield, in which I was in attendance. I arrived into the stadium and as usual went to the steward in the West Stand block W, and asked if I could put up my flag. The crowd was very low, so he said why not put it up on the seats at the front of Block U. So just as I was about to put it up there, a family sat down. He then suggested putting it up high around the poles at the front of the stand: "Everyone will see it now mate!" he chuckled.

Anyway, the teams came out, and Kevin Maher was announced for them. And Robbie Fowler was announced for us up front. I distinctly remember asking Southminster Gary and OBL if it was true, and also remember OBL making a sly remark about how glad she was it was Maher and not Foran. Poor form :D

Maher ran the show, and Fowler was a horrible overweight mess alongside Barnard. Just before halftime, the ball went out for a throw in, and Maher came up and said hello and shook my hand - whilst the game carried on. Soon after, half time came, and lots of our fans started complaining they couldn't see the clock on the South Upper because of my flag. A mass brawl started, and the match had to be abandoned. The following season, we were top of the list with regards football related arrests with 2,500 :D

At least you are no longer dreaming about me mate

;)

so, No Jo Brand then?

I do have regular dreams about watching Southend or being back in Southend/ Leigh-on-Sea. Maybe its an exile thing.

I had a weird but very nice dream last night about the guy from Twilight (I saw it the other day).......... That was nice although I woke up at totally the wrong moment!

Hey Chaps,

I had a dream last weekend that I was watching Maria Sharapova and Esther Rantzen going at it when I suddenly woke to find I had badly soiled the bed.

Still, it was a Saturday, so I had a lie in.

Regards

It's weird, I've been on anti malaria tablets 3 times in the last few years, (usually only last afew weeks and then sack them off, so thats another disease I've probably got). One of the side affects though, is weird dreams. Strangely enough, they make my dreams normal. When I'm not on them, like now,I've had dreams where I'm on the greensward at Frinton on sea, and theres a bowls game going on, so i drove my car over the game just to annoy the old people playing!

Back