• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pick your preferred 2

• Total voters

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
Thinking about our current strike force, and interested in who you would pick as your front 2 for Saturday

I’d bin Lapado, he’s worse than Robinson, and that is saying something!
Ba isn’t ready from what I’ve seen, where the hell is he anyway?

So that leaves 4;

Cox - despite lack of goals, his movement and intelligence make up for it, so he would be my first choice.
Harrison - Not really strong enough for League 1 IMHO, he’s got some nice touches, but he needs to bulk up a bit. Worth a place on the bench though.
MAF - Good understanding of Cox, but not a natural goal scorer, tires by half time.
Wabo - I’d pick him to start, young, strong and does score regularly. Could be a revelation like Dru, deserves a chance !

My choice for Saturday would be Coxy and Normski up front, with MAF and Harrison on the bench.

Opinions?

Poll added.

I'd actually forgotten Ba was still on our books! :blush:

Make you right about the front two. I really would like to see Norm have a run. He definitely has something about him that is just missing from most of the others on the list.

Agreed that the choice is really between Cox, MAF, Harrison and Wabo. I'd go for Wabo alongside Cox with MAF as the sub during the second half.

My heart says Norm alongside Coxy but my brain reckons MAF;- for this season: BUT next season IS being planned so it is either Norm or a.n. other with Coxy.
If the midfield is Kites and McL on the flanks then most ought to flourish?:blush:

I suppose it's Cox and Fortune.
But how many goals have they actually scored this season together as a partnership? Probably about 2 goals?
We also only seem to win a game if a midfielder/defender has scored.
4 hat tricks against us this season and we have only had 2 players get 2 goals in a game.
Not checked all the stats but it must be one of our worst seasons for strikers scoring goals for ages.
Bring back MrsBlue he/she would be able to tell us in more detail:hilarious:

Picks itself really. The newbies have hardly set the world on fire, Robinson & Ba are dodgy PB signings and have we seen enough of Wabo? If either of those two get injured, we could be in trouble. We're still in a relegation battle folks, despite the upturned performances & arrival of SCP as Saturday showed.

Would start with Cox and Wabo and MAF and Harrison on the bench. Since SCP came in Wabo hasn't had a look in. His brief appearances tell me he has something about him.

Now Kightly is fit I wouldn't mind seeing Harrison given a go down the middle but other than that it's gotta be Cox & MAF

For me its Cox and Maf, but with a decent amount of pitch time in the second half for Wabo , when MAF tires and the game stretches out, let loose the vibrant Normski

Cox and Fortune. Their partnership always looks dangerous and they are so clever they create space for our midfield to get into goalscoring positions.

No offence but Harrison isnt strong enough to kick the ball half as far as Ladapo's 1st touch ! :omg:

Give Wabo a chance from the bench , the lad's definitely got that something special about him. The killer instinct.

Having said that i do think SCP should have put Throbinson back onto the bench after scoring 4 goals for the ressies... surely that shows hes got his confidence back ? Only 1 striker on the bench is not enough for me when we had Theo, Norm + Amadou twiddling their thumbs in the stands.

Cox and Fortune should be starting, we've looked our best when they were put together whilst we've looked much more average (even against Portsmouth despite the early goals) when a different strike partnership were on the pitch.

Cox and Fortune.

Most of our best performances this and last season come when we had these two upfront. Seemed revived again when CP took charge so you have to wonder how on earth Ladapo gets the nod infront of Fortune when he has proved nothing and looks awful.

Cox and Fortune is definitely the safe bet, but I went with Cox and Harrison. Harrison looks very good with the ball at his feet and I think would mesh well with Cox - it would also prevent us from playing too much route one stuff and relying more on our quality in the wide areas (Macca and Kightly). I'd also be tempted to give Timlin a rest (he was poor on Saturday but has played really well under SCP) and give Wordsworth a chance to show his class.

Playing Cox and Wabo up front together gives us no height whatsoever.

As ready mentioned on this thread, I’d like to see Cox and Harrison up top with Kightly on the wing

How tall is Norm? .. I couldn't find it on the web.

Harrison is 1.83m, so pretty much 6 foot.

Back