• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People complained last season that we lacked pace up front and just hoofed it up to Dickinson or Moshni, now we've brought in a couple of quicker, more skilful forwards people are complaining that we lack height and muscle up top. Can't win. Goals will come, on Saturday we had loads of chances and their keeper made some good saves and last night we played with only one up front and played most of the match with 10 men so it was always going to be hard to score. I think Harris should be playing, he started to come good towards the end of last season and is probably our most natural goalscorer at the moment if we play the right way (i.e. on the floor, getting crosses from the wings into the box). Tomlin's looking good but as I said in the post-Accrington thread I feel he'll create more than he scores. Strikers need time to gel too. Jury's still out on Assombalonga (I thought he was poor on Sautrday but to be fair he'd only signed the night before and PS said he did well when he came on last night) and in Benyon, Eastwood and Corr we have plenty of goals, plus the likes of Hall (if he stays), Phillips, Ferdinand and Cresswell will contribute. Every team would love a 20-a-season goalscorer but they're hard to find in the lower leagues. Football fans never fail to disappoint when it comes to overreacting.

People complained last season that we lacked pace up front and just hoofed it up to Dickinson or Moshni, now we've brought in a couple of quicker, more skilful forwards people are complaining that we lack height and muscle up top. Can't win. Goals will come, on Saturday we had loads of chances and their keeper made some good saves and last night we played with only one up front and played most of the match with 10 men so it was always going to be hard to score. I think Harris should be playing, he started to come good towards the end of last season and is probably our most natural goalscorer at the moment if we play the right way (i.e. on the floor, getting crosses from the wings into the box). Tomlin's looking good but as I said in the post-Accrington thread I feel he'll create more than he scores. Strikers need time to gel too. Jury's still out on Assombalonga (I thought he was poor on Sautrday but to be fair he'd only signed the night before and PS said he did well when he came on last night) and in Benyon, Eastwood and Corr we have plenty of goals, plus the likes of Hall (if he stays), Phillips, Ferdinand and Cresswell will contribute. Every team would love a 20-a-season goalscorer but they're hard to find in the lower leagues. Football fans never fail to disappoint when it comes to overreacting.
True, we had some chances on Saturday, the good ones were from set pieces and not attempts by our strikers. Tomlin's shot was weaker than a few back passes;(that is the one on target). Our players, (bar Hall at present) do seem to be willing to work their socks off and if they got some shooting boots then maybe I could feel optimistic. Last night at Oxford Tomlin was put through twice, choked twice, never even looked to take the keeper on; he may have the skills in him but he needs to get some self belief.

Back