• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuart Williams

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Williams has gone on loan to Redbridge and played in their 2-0 defeat at Margate yesterday. Nick Morgan, who is also on loan there, missed out with a shoulder injury. Redbridge were very impressed with Williams and their coach said that he was the biggest plus point of the game.

Incidentally, Aaron Freeman, who's been training with us for a few months and has played a fair few reserve games, has also joined Redbridge. Now that Jim Stannard has gone there, we seemed to have built up a bit of a relationship with them. Are Tilly and him mates or something?

Still, it should help Morgan and Williams to get some experience in competitive matches, which will obviously be good news for us.

Same thing.
wink.gif

Is Aaron Freeman still training with us incidentally?

Yep he is, he's gone there for more experience while also playing for Maldon. Really nice lad actually.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 23 2005,20:11)]Yep he is, he's gone there for more experience while also playing for Maldon. Really nice lad actually.
Thanks.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 23 2005,20:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 23 2005,19:25)]Who is Aaron Freeman!!!
rock.gif
call yourself a fan Ā 
laugh.gif
WHAT?! First I've heard of the fella! Who is this guy?
Questioning my commitment! Just dunno who this guy is! Feel threatened now!

He's played 6 or 7 reserve games for us this season and has been training with us since September time. He's 22, famed for back flips when scoring and has played for a few local sides. He's pint sized in stature as well. A central midfielder who can also play wide if I'm not mistaken.

There you go.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 23 2005,20:11)]Yep he is, he's gone there for more experience while also playing for Maldon. Really nice lad actually.
Scriv, could you please fix it for me to meet him?

wink.gif

Well he can't be all that or we woulda signed him with our troubles in midfield no?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 23 2005,20:41)]He's played 6 or 7 reserve games for us this season and has been training with us since September time. He's 22, famed for back flips when scoring and has played for a few local sides. He's pint sized in stature as well. A central midfielder who can also play wide if I'm not mistaken.

There you go.
wink.gif
I think we have found out who his agent is
tounge.gif

I know he is only young but Nick Morgan is never going to make the grade. Have seen him a lot and not impressed with his all round game. Tilly must also think this as had numerous chances this year to use him.

Yeah Morgan is not a proffesional footballer but not his fault he's got a contract! Hardly gonna refuse it is he! Wonder how much YTS get paid?

Technically he doesn't have a contract, its a YTS. Wouldn't have though they'd be on much more than Ā£100 at most.

Is Kights included in that? Must be hard with all the free time footballers get and on what has to be under minimium wage?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Jan. 23 2005,21:51)]Is Kights included in that? Must be hard with all the free time footballers get and on what has to be under minimium wage?
Its just a guess, but I can't images I'd be too much wrong. Kightly is on a first team contract I believe!? If this is the case he'd be on slightly more.

Its the players chose at the end of the day, they don't have to become professional footballers or even footballers at all and to be fair, if your on a YTS you tend to be still in your teens and Ā£100 odd a week isn't bad.

Anyways, am I right in saying that if a YTS suffers a serious injury (Cruicate Ligament injuries mainly) there YTS is frozen until they recover and they aren't paid during the duration of the injury and pick up where they have left off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 23 2005,20:41)]He's played 6 or 7 reserve games for us this season and has been training with us since September time. He's 22, famed for back flips when scoring and has played for a few local sides. He's pint sized in stature as well. A central midfielder who can also play wide if I'm not mistaken.

There you go.
wink.gif
...and he can do throw-ins where he does a somersault ont he ball while throwing which I've seen first hand. Apparently he did gymnastics to quite a high level.

Maybe Chalkwell Park IS a hotbed of footballing talent....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Jan. 23 2005,21:32)]I know he is only young but Nick Morgan is never going to make the grade. Have seen him a lot and not impressed with his all round game. Tilly must also think this as had numerous chances this year to use him.
Careful Wiggy. The same was said of David Seaman when he was at Peterborough. Chances are you'll be proved right, but making definate statements only sets you up for a fall.

Back