• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Sturrock said tonight that our support is awful and that we dont get behind the team at all!!!

Maybe than Sturrock you need to get the team to start to play FOOTBALL then you may start hearing the crowd if we look like we are trying.

Our counter attacking football works away from Home but it does not work at Roots Hall!!

Even I am looking forward to Friday as I think Sawyer is going to play a big part in our future now!!!

He never said awful. Don't misquote him.

Whether he was honest or not about us being the quietest fans of any club he's managed, it sounds to me like a challenge to get RH rocking. All fans, and The Blue Voice, shouldn't be resting on their laurels, let's turn RH into the noisy fortress it can be, and I'm sure we'll see a response on the pitch.

Do you write for the Echo? He didn't say it was awful and he didn't say we don't get behind the team at all. Talk about sensationalism.

Yes he said we have some of the most quiet crowds he's been involved in, but he's not exactly lying is he. The fans need to do their part, regardless of the style of play.

No, to get the crowd to stop being the "quiest" we need to get noise going around the ground, the players are trying their hardest, it's the support who are letting them down.

I agree with him, down the years i've always thought we must be one of the most quietest supporters at home games. I've always heard people around me quick to slag somebody off and shout abuse to one of our players but rarely, if ever, do you get the whole ground or half of it really getting behind the team.

I also agree with him....

I am not going this year but we used to try and get the East stand Blues/Yellows singing sadly an old couple always complained saying we was too noisy and was swearing all the time..lol we nearly all got banning orders from Jobson and his stewards..lol

Also Since the loss of the North Bank , all but the small lot in the West Stand we have NO singing or fans who really show passion for the club ... maybe down to Ron Martin recent behaviour towards us fans taking us for a ride etc

Also The few who did try and make a atmosphere are boycotting and they had enough of People complaining or moaning saying please sit down we are trying to watch the match..

I agree with him, he said away from home our fans are top class.

This has something to do with the football obviously!
Some of our fans I just can't believe, not a peep for most of the game. It's a shame!
TBV and a few others try their best, but it just shows that not enough of us sing. COME ON LADS! Not only is it a great laugh to get involved, it also gives you a better match day experience.

I new somebody would try and attack Sturrock after him saying this. To be completely honest, we are very quiet.

Well he aint lying is he?

As much as it may **** some people off. The atmosphere is a ****ing joke at RH.

But, as I and others have said. Only YOU can change that. If YOU make the effort, then WE make a difference.

Sturrock has thrown down the gauntlet. Are YOU going to pick it up?

But, as I and others have said. Only YOU can change that. If YOU make the effort, then WE make a difference.

Give it a break.....if we go 2 down in 5 minutes and have to suffer the shyte we have seen this year..you expect applause?........I admire your effort Lee but you are in dreamland at Roots Hall.

Sorry mate you could pick it up with both hands with super glue on them but it still wont make a difference!

we will never get an atmos like norwich,leeds,yeovil forest,chelsea,man u as our fans dont show unless its a big game or a worthy game.

Plus Roots hall is rubbish for making an atmos :(

It's only been quiet because the fans haven't had much to cheer about at home. Going a goal or Two down early doesn't help. With half the team woefully out of form and consisting of a small squad thrown together. Having had more good times than bad under Tilly, for some of our fans it's been hard to get enthusiastic about a team that deservedly was nearer the bottom of the league.

We all know how it can be at Roots Hall, it can rock mental.
If he can get some better players in that can get us climbing up the league and play more exciting football, he will be pleasantly shocked and surprised at how loud and encouraging we can be.

Give it a break.....if we go 2 down in 5 minutes and have to suffer the shyte we have seen this year..you expect applause?........I admire your effort Lee but you are in dreamland at Roots Hall.

Of course I don't you sex god. I'm partial to a few expletives myself. And the standard of football on show has been worse than awful.

BUT, some of the treatment dished out to certain players has been way below the belt.

Let's see what the atmosphere is like IF we take the lead on Friday. I bet it is still the same lot doing all the singing...

Of course I don't you sex god. I'm partial to a few expletives myself. And the standard of football on show has been worse than awful.

BUT, some of the treatment dished out to certain players has been way below the belt.

Let's see what the atmosphere is like IF we take the lead on Friday. I bet it is still the same lot doing all the singing...
#

Easy Tiger!

Back