• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Noticed I haven't posted up news of new joiners lately. Anyway, we are up to 426 now Kevan Hurst and David Worrall just had their evening meals disturbed with a SUEPA phone call.

For all SUEPA news as it happens follow us on Facebook or Twitter - or even Linkedin. Also on Instagram but by the time I've posted on the other three I usually get a bit tired and miss that one out

Just a thought, as this is the preeminent place that Southend fans gather online, maybe post here first?

Seems a shame to put in all the effort you do not to get this info in front of the most eyes possible.

Just a thought, as this is the preeminent place that Southend fans gather online, maybe post here first?

Seems a shame to put in all the effort you do not to get this info in front of the most eyes possible.

Pale Blue Dot,

Thanks for your continued interest. Agree totally that SZ is a top gathering place for Shrimper fans online and we hope we add to its appeal by contributing to this sub section of the Zone. We are also grateful to the Zone for being allowed to do this - we are all one Shrimper family.

SUEPA social media followers across its various social media platforms now total 4,000 so that too we feel gives good accessibility which is open and free to all.

Further, the many members of the Shrimpers Trust also now receive the quarterly SUEPA newsletter which is packed full of stories and SUEPA news. If you are a Trust member then you should be receiving that, if not then maybe it is a good time to consider joining, the Trust (of which SUEPA is just part) does of course many other things too.

Our SUEPA content can be voluminous so it is simply not practical to clog up the Zone and repeat it all again here when it is readily available elsewhere. Instead we continue to feel that it is appropriate to just post up here the odd highlight so it draws folks attention to what we've been up to for them to then link on to it just a couple of internet clicks away if they so wish. A great little story was posted up on our Facebook page yesterday eve about our latest joiner Bob Duncan which we feel is worth a read

UTB, Andy

APPEAL! From time to time, and as you may have seen, we like to send programmes to some of our members which are special to them, for instance marking a debut or a notable game. Or we 'raid them' for pictures we can use. Mostly these are for home matches. We have a good collection from around 1973 onwards, but before then our SUEPA cupboard is a bit bare. Sometimes we can source them for a few sheckles on eBay, but often not.
Do you have, or know of anyone that has, any pre 1973 programmes (we do not need anything after then) that you (or they) want to get rid of (or are just lying forgotten in the attic without purpose) and at the same time know they will be used for good (and often quite emotional in a positive way) purposes?
We cannot I'm afraid offer anything for them other than our gratitude, but we should be able to arrange for collection or pay postage.
If anyone can help please do get in touch - I can be reached via SZ direct message, or by email at suepassoc@gmail.com
Thank you
20221106_153042 (2).jpg

Without wanting to I know this will annoy one SZ member but get to our SUEPA Facebook page now and read a great story about our latest joiner to SUEPA who left Roots Hall tempted by an offer which included a Rolls Royce!

432 current members now. 450 by the end of 2022? Mmm, tall order, but we'll have a go

Lots already planned for the first quarter of 2023 including our sell-out Dave Smith Tribute, four SUEPA Roots Hall match days, three SUEPA away days (including one with a Div 1 double-winner), a major initiative to help one of our members, and we hope at long last something quite special with the PFA. HNY to you all
💙
🦐

NY 23.jpg

Graham Bressington just lined up as our SUEPA match day guest v York on Sat Feb 4th.

After having a serious heart attack two years ago ("I was flat lined for 30 minutes") he is now ok and in great form, running his own family building business in Oxfordshire.

And he has some truly great stories harking back from seemingly a different world when we were in the Championship - including when he was attacked by one of our Italian opponents with a club hammer in the tunnel after the match ("David Howells just threw the assailant back in his changing room!"). He is well up for doing the Q&A in the Far Post after he match so make sure you reserve a little extra time to be at Roots Hall for that.

I'm next working on getting a goal-keeping hero as our guest for 18 March .....

Graham Bressington just lined up as our SUEPA match day guest v York on Sat Feb 4th.

He is well up for doing the Q&A in the Far Post after he match so make sure you reserve a little extra time to be at Roots Hall for that.
Just don't ask him about that penalty miss at Notts County, when we were within sniffing distance of Wembley for the 1st time!.

Back