• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

flying_pig.jpg

He also states that there are some dependencies around that control that means there are no guarantees, but that's due to the number of stakeholders involved being the club, council, retailers for the new site, Sainsburys for the current site, property developers and banks and they can't all sign up until everone has a clear line of sight but it's on track and very close.

There's also a big 2 page aricle on where the money goes. Very interesting and honest in my opinion but no doubt will be portrayed as spin and lies and Brady as Martins puppet by some.

I spoke a players and a member of the coaching staff last night, they have yet to be paid for January.

If we are not paying our staff/players again, how can we possibly build a stadium?

I spoke a players and a member of the coaching staff last night, they have yet to be paid for January.

If we are not paying our staff/players again, how can we possibly build a stadium?

And is Ron flirting with administration and extinction again?

Ashamed to admit but I had a quick peak at 606 a few days ago and they were saying that first 11 had been paid but fringe players and staff had'nt, do we have any more news on this from our insiders? All very worrying.

Because the Club won't be funding the stadium?

Ashamed to admit but I had a quick peak at 606 a few days ago and they were saying that first 11 had been paid but fringe players and staff had'nt, do we have any more news on this from our insiders? All very worrying.

Seems like we've adopted a performance related pay remit.

Look on the bright side, At least Johnny Herd will owe us money.

And on it goes, maybe they should wait until they have something concrete to actually tell us?

Can't help but agree. I thought the Club had learned from their mistakes but it seems not.

Can anyone give more details on this thing fbm was talking about on the inside of the paper about where the money is going to go?

Tara puts a 'date' on the stadium starting? Schoolboy error.

You'd think... but he and the club can't win.

I remember a Ron interview on BBC Essex prior to the Orient league match last season when he spoke to Nick Alliker about the clubs finances and the stadium. He was pressed for a date that the stadium would commence and he said he was hoping that the diggers would start in November 2009. Then it was last summer. But at no stage has anybody given a guarantee that the ground will definitely commence on any given day because that is beyond any one persons control.

It's almost like moving house; I'm sure many of us on here can relate to that but if there is a chain, the date you move is totally reliant on the other parties in the chain and usually the first time buyer at the bottom. Once EVERYONE has got sorted, then it's all systems go. However, throughout the whole processs, which takes months and can stretch to over a year, everyone is hopeful they'll be moving soon.

If Tara says nothing, then the club get criticised for being silent and people will draw their own conclusions that no news means nothing will happen and we're being shafted.

Personally I feel we have come too far down the road for nothing to happen at all. It will happen. Everyone wants it. The last mile is often the longest and most painful. But there is too much going on elsewhere for it to be a work of fiction.

I guess I can appreciate people's general pessimism but that is how we are generally; we don't set ourselves up for high expectations as that all too easily leads to disappointment and if we are pessimistic then we are delighted when proved wrong.

But this will happen people. Have faith.

Back