• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sounds more like the seats wont be put in than the stand wont be there, although I cant see why we would have to wait for the hotel operator to be able to put seats in?

Well. If we use the rough guide that each seat costs £1,000-£1,500 (Sherif will be able to confirm current costs) then the West stand alone will cost in the region of £8-£12m. I am guessing the lettable space, such as the hotel will be taken over by someone like Travelodge, Travel Inn, Holiday Inn etc etc. Probably with a significant fee upfront and a long term lease. This over time would claw back some of the outlay for the West Stand project. So I guess it is all down to getting a hotel operator tied in on a long term deal. Then maybe Phase 2 can move ahead.

But to be honest, I would just like to see Phase 1 begin!

But, we now know what the capacities of each stand will be. So it gives a feel of just how big it will be compared to RH. In simple terms, each stand at FF will be twice the size of those at RH.

East Stand - 6,000
West Stand (lower) - 6,000
West Stand (upper) - 2,000
North Stand - 4,000
South Stand - 4,000

Last edited:
The Main stand is the one which include the hotel and conferencing facility included in the same building. It would make no sense to build it all and then just not put seats on it so I presume that the whole thing won't be built initially. Which would make sense if Sainsbuirys are directly funding the stadium build, as it makes no sense for them to spend money on building a hotel which another company will then make money off of.

The thing which doesn't make this terrible news is that that is the one stand where there is a decent business case to get it built. If it was one of the other stands then we could be without it for a very long time. As it is I guess work can start as soon as we reach an agreement with a chain of hotels who want to take it.

It is going to look very odd...how do you build a bowl with one side missing?

It's going to look ****. Hopefully the Main Stand will be underway by the time the rest is ready to open. Sainsburys need us off of Roots Hall as soon as possible, and we need to get off before they run out of patience. That'll be another reason for them to fund the three sides and not the bigger, more expensive and more complex fourth one.

It's going to look ****. Hopefully the Main Stand will be underway by the time the rest is ready to open. Sainsburys need us off of Roots Hall as soon as possible, and we need to get off before they run out of patience. That'll be another reason for them to fund the three sides and not the bigger, more expensive and more complex fourth one.

We all know that the three sided bowl will always be a bowl with a hole in it. It won't ever be built to be a bowl. It is going to be ****!

Back