• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I did see him last Saturday and after a bright start, a couple of industrial challenges made him a bit quiet.

Second half was a combination of lack of match fitness and trying too hard. There is certainly a player there (quick, low centre of gravity, direct etc) and worth looking at for another week as per the recent announcement.

Is he the new JCR? Quick, low centre of gravity, direct and little or no end result. Well apart from a screamer against us and past Daryl in the Cup

it could be worse, poor old Bolton were forced to call off their friendly against Chester as the players went on strike, hardly surprising as they havent been paid since March !
Meanwhile Bury , who will definitely get a 12 point deduction, reached an agreement with the creditors to keep the club alive, but currently they have just 6 contracted players !! Just as Joey Barton , Fleetwoods Manager has reportedly been charged with ABH, arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated assault, Barnsleys counterpart, Stendel needed dental treatment after the match
Welcome to the love and peace of Southend and the shrimperzone

Good article here on the Joe Shaughnessy situation, with a fair summary imo, which could lead to the earlier view aired here that it might be us on trial with Shaugnessy, rather than the other way round.

Looking at his career and regular appearances and views north of the border I would love to see this fella signed and playing in a Blues shirt at The Hall.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/southend-united-linked-with-swoop-for-27-year-old/

Good article here on the Joe Shaughnessy situation, with a fair summary imo, which could lead to the earlier view aired here that it might be us on trial with Shaugnessy, rather than the other way round.

Looking at his career and regular appearances and views north of the border I would love to see this fella signed and playing in a Blues shirt at The Hall.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/southend-united-linked-with-swoop-for-27-year-old/

Yeah I read this yesterday. Personally I really hope we sign him and it would be a statement if we did. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If this happens that gives us two captains (Club/Country), one player of last season and a two season top scorer from non league from Bond's signings.

We may moan at times, but like I say, if this last one happens then that isn't a bad bit of business for a club that is potless.

Just watched a "football scout" video of this guy on YouTube and I have to say he looked crap. Weak crosses, dribbles that go nowhere, getting tackled shortly after receiving the ball. I mean, who looks crap in their YouTube video? Obviously, I hope he comes good though and becomes an SUFC legend.
I remember a few over the past recently that had lots of promise yet, dribbled into oblivion. ( requires its own thread?... worst wingers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Over half the league have brought in double or more the number of players we have during this transfer market. 13 teams have brought in 96 players to strengthen their squads for pre season.
I’d be surprised if we would currently claim the 5th biggest budget in the league with 10 departures, including some very high wage earners.but we should have some bucks for impressive late bargains, plus the £1.5m sky money

Top movers in the market are...

Peterborough 9 Gillingham. 9. Shrewsbury. 9. Coventry. 8. Tranmere. 8. Bristol Rovers. 7. MK Dons. 7. Blackpool. 7. Rotherham. 7 Accrington 7. Portsmouth. 6. Fleetwood. 6. Wycombe. 6

Over half the league have brought in double or more the number of players we have during this transfer market. 13 teams have brought in 96 players to strengthen their squads for pre season.
I’d be surprised if we would currently claim the 5th biggest budget in the league with 10 departures, including some very high wage earners.but we should have some bucks for impressive late bargains, plus the £1.5m sky money

Top movers in the market are...

Peterborough 9 Gillingham. 9. Shrewsbury. 9. Coventry. 8. Tranmere. 8. Bristol Rovers. 7. MK Dons. 7. Blackpool. 7. Rotherham. 7 Accrington 7. Portsmouth. 6. Fleetwood. 6. Wycombe. 6
So?????

Simply quality not quantity. We're not in a position financially to have a squad of 30+

Of course. Big trouble when we don't have one dominant center back at the club and not one wide midfielder produced quality last season!

Joe Shaughnessy is still at the club despite what someone said, and will be playing tonight against Millwall.

I am sure there will be a few managers and scouts in the crowd extremely grateful we are placing him in the shop window for them to have a look at. All very very odd for an ever present SPL player of his age & no injury issues. Hope we have an option of some sort already..

I am sure there will be a few managers and scouts in the crowd extremely grateful we are placing him in the shop window for them to have a look at. All very very odd for an ever present SPL player of his age & no injury issues. Hope we have an option of some sort already..
If they were so keen would they not have offered him a trial/contract? I hardly think there will be anyone else scouting him!
Likelihood is we are discussing terms with him but, being 10 days before the season, we've got him in to work on his fitness before the new season and get used to the players/staff/local area.

If they were so keen would they not have offered him a trial/contract? I hardly think there will be anyone else scouting him!
Likelihood is we are discussing terms with him but, being 10 days before the season, we've got him in to work on his fitness before the new season and get used to the players/staff/local area.

And of course the fans :Stunned:

Charlton's manager has announced that we've (Sunderland) signed a striker. I can't recall this ever happening before (where an opposition manager has announced another team's signing).

Total carnage over on our forum who it could be.

Charlton's manager has announced that we've (Sunderland) signed a striker. I can't recall this ever happening before (where an opposition manager has announced another team's signing).

Total carnage over on our forum who it could be.
I bet it's our Theo Robinson. He'd be great for you guys.

Apologies if it has been mentioned on here before, but any takers for Anthony Grant to release him from his prison sentence?!

Back