• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Without having ever seen Buckley-Ricketts play, if he's a pacey winger, which is exactly the type of player we need, and presumably would be available fairly cheap, then I'd probably give him a contract. Could be a handy impact sub, similar to Jermaine McGlashan when he was with us. And you don't play for Man City and England at youth level without having some degree of talent.

How reliable is Jimmy McCann on Twitter? Because according to him we’re signing a defender, midfielder and striker all in the next couple of days...
We can but hope. That woild certainly ease the nerves a bit. Like everyone on here, I could probably make a prediction for the defender. The midfielder and striker will be interesting to see...........if indeed it happens!

Without having ever seen Buckley-Ricketts play, if he's a pacey winger, which is exactly the type of player we need, and presumably would be available fairly cheap, then I'd probably give him a contract. Could be a handy impact sub, similar to Jermaine McGlashan when he was with us. And you don't play for Man City and England at youth level without having some degree of talent.
Just a reminder that Phil Whelan played for the England Under 21s.

The problem is not talent but attitude. Apparently flitting in and out the game at daggers- either on it and good or missing. Famously subbed after 16 mins for Oxford because Warburton believed "he was not up for it". If he realises he is not Raheem Sterling, and anything below prem is not beneath him and decides to really knuckle down and prove everyone wrong then def worth a punt. Only KB will be able to judge that

Joy Mukena is trailing for U23s and is still being looked at.

Always a bad look for a defender to be trailing.

Mukena makes a lot more sense as a trialist for the u23s than the first team. There was something there but he needs to fill out - a lot - before he's got a chance of playing centre-half in League One. I was worried that, like Corey Jordan, we were considering him as a potential loanee for this season but as a long term project it might be worthwhile but the odds are against him.

I've heard that we have a number of players on stand-by to sign but they're waiting for 1906 to see what the kit looks like before committing.

I kinda like this 1906 thing! Making a kit announcement at a time to correspond with the formation of the club suggests that some form of drama and forward planning has gone into it, which has not always been the case at RH.....whether this will coincide with a signing announcement I am not sure but it would certainly add to the drama

I kinda like this 1906 thing! Making a kit announcement at a time to correspond with the formation of the club suggests that some form of drama and forward planning has gone into it, which has not always been the case at RH.....whether this will coincide with a signing announcement I am not sure but it would certainly add to the drama

Maybe it's a double signing, a new number 19 and a new number 06!

I did see him last Saturday and after a bright start, a couple of industrial challenges made him a bit quiet.

Second half was a combination of lack of match fitness and trying too hard. There is certainly a player there (quick, low centre of gravity, direct etc) and worth looking at for another week as per the recent announcement.

I did see him last Saturday and after a bright start, a couple of industrial challenges made him a bit quiet.

Second half was a combination of lack of match fitness and trying too hard. There is certainly a player there (quick, low centre of gravity, direct etc) and worth looking at for another week as per the recent announcement.

Just watched a "football scout" video of this guy on YouTube and I have to say he looked crap. Weak crosses, dribbles that go nowhere, getting tackled shortly after receiving the ball. I mean, who looks crap in their YouTube video? Obviously, I hope he comes good though and becomes an SUFC legend.

Back