• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised to see Nicola Sturgeon signing for the Bluebelles.

Think someone said earlier in the week that one of Bonds last jobs before joining us was a scout of Scottish talent for whatever club he was at?

That's correct. He was a paid scout at Portsmouth for a little under a year. It surely must be the reason that a relegation survived, financially troubled and infra structurally tired club have been able to attract and then interest players of a good or better quality than what we currently have.

On a different point, I've been following the pre-season adventures closely this year, closer than I ever have (I think I was bitten by the 'last day survival' bug). We've managed to complete the signings of;

Milligan - Aussie captain, experienced and fit pro. What a coup for us. The experience and passion this guys has in football is going to benefit us in ways that we will start to appear on Saturday's. An exceptional opportunity for Yearwood specifically.

Shaughnessy - A commanding and dominant performance against Millwall. Just has to live up to that every week now!

Ralph - Player of the Year at his last club, Dundee. Was spoken very highly of. Seems to have performed well. Blackman adds mild competition.

Ridgewell - I've really read too much about him after he left the UK to play in the States. He looks fit maybe not match ready. Has the potential to be a starter if he can find some form. He's on a 1 year contract with the option of 2, great deal.

Blackman - I honestly think this is down to having little choice. We need cover along the left. We may need the option of a wing back too. However, Plymouth fans rate him rather poorly, perhaps this is why a month-month contract was signed. Rare to see these days!

Thanks for reading my rambles.

Ron wants promotion no doubt about it.

Don't agree he will. We needed to strengthen to make sure we were not in another relegation battle. We still could be but I'm a lot more confident now...let's see how the new signings and team perform in the next few months.

Don't agree he will. We needed to strengthen to make sure we were not in another relegation battle. We still could be but I'm a lot more confident now...let's see how the new signings and team perform in the next few months.

What are we short of to make it a team going for the top 6?

Capable keepers.

Good and experienced defence.

Experienced midfield, albeit slightly defensive and narrow.

Excellent choice of striking options.

I think we are missing maybe a tricky winger or a jack Payne type player but expect us to sign olly Lee to give us that in midfield.

This team could easily have shot at top 10 or top 6 at a push.

If the Lee deal happens, and with our spending on wages, I have a hunch we might be selling Yearwood. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't see how we would maintain Milligan, Dieng, Mantom, Hyam, Yearwood, Lee in this position, all of whom will be wanting to play every week and none on a tiny wage, and this is assuming we play three in the middle of midfield. We have backup in Hutchinson too.

Edit: We won't be losing Milligan or Hyam who I think is a very good player we have not seen the best of, and who is the best candidate of them to play the anchoring role other than Milligan. Mantom is probably underrated here and will do well with someone sweeping up behind the midfield like Milligan. Dieng I wouldn't personally need to keep, but there will be little interest given the lack of pre-season he has had. I don't want to lose Yearwood cause I think he will kick on after a patchy season last time round, but the temptation could exist to cash in.

Last edited:
If the Lee deal happens, and with our spending on wages, I have a hunch we might be selling Yearwood. I'm sorry to say it, but I don't see how we would maintain Milligan, Dieng, Mantom, Hyam, Yearwood, Lee in this position, all of whom will be wanting to play every week and none on a tiny wage, and this is assuming we play three in the middle of midfield. We have backup in Hutchinson too.

Edit: We won't be losing Milligan or Hyam who I think is a very good player we have not seen the best of, and who is the best candidate of them to play the anchoring role other than Milligan. Mantom is probably underrated here and will do well with someone sweeping up behind the midfield like Milligan. Dieng I wouldn't personally need to keep, but there will be little interest given the lack of pre-season he has had. I don't want to lose Yearwood cause I think he will kick on after a patchy season last time round, but the temptation could exist to cash in.

TBH if we got a decent offer in for Dru I'd take it, I'm not convinced he's going to be the star we all thought he would be when he broke through. at the moment he has the potential but he's had more bad performances than good over the season just

Although we have done very well on our signings I wonder whether Bond will slip just one in from the loan Market before the end of August, given his contacts. Excluding Bury and Bolton who cant get anyone in , only 2 clubs have not reached into the loan market, us and Coventry. In many ways I much prefer that,

Its interesting to see that other clubs however have gone large here, with the likes of Rotherham loaning in 4 ( 3 prem, 1 Champ ), Doncaster 4 ( 3P-1 C ) Shrewsbury 4 ( 2P-2 C ) Burton 3 ( Man U , Chelsea and Everton ) Blackpool 3 and Rochdale 3. Most other clubs have brought in 2 season long loans.

We have tended to have a mixed bag experience with loanees over the years and with our current squad and emphasis on the youngsters coming through as well, maybe we dont need a single one , unless blighted by more injuries over the coming few weeks.

Still desperately need a winger, if not two, if you ask me. Wonder if Bond sees Robinson there or is planning on a 4-3-3 and thinks we can get by with just one loanee brought in late.

Bristol City have just sold centre-back Adam Webster to Brighton in a club-record £20m deal. I think that seals the non-return of Taylor-Moore. £20 million is a lot of money coming into a club in the championship.

Still desperately need a winger, if not two, if you ask me. Wonder if Bond sees Robinson there or is planning on a 4-3-3 and thinks we can get by with just one loanee brought in late.

We have Macca and Barrat when he is back to fitness. I agree we can stick Robinson on the wing but I think the likelihood is we will play 352/532 and use wing backs who will do the job of a winger

We have Macca and Barrat when he is back to fitness. I agree we can stick Robinson on the wing but I think the likelihood is we will play 352/532 and use wing backs who will do the job of a winger
He hasn’t played that formation once all pre season....what makes you think he’ll do it in league games?

Robinson will play up front. Straight through the middle. Or he’ll go to Swindon.

Back