• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Well may i add under Brown up until his last season with us we was always looking up not down ,each season we progressed under his leadership ,but one bad season and hes gone ,since then its been down down down ,grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They say brown lost the dressing room ,well 2 managers on and it still hasnt been found, something wrong somewhere and RM really needs to sort it out quickly or his dream of a new stadium etc will be just that "A DREAM" that will never materialise.22000 seat stadium for a non league club will never eventuate .Because thats where we are heading at present.

as interesting as this thread is, it appears to have gone *slightly* off topic.

back onto transfers, there may not be anyone else coming in but surely we will have some outgoings soon. I can't help but feel that a loan move for Kelman would do him the world of good and if Swindon are still interested in Theo we should listen to them rather than have him not even on the bench

as interesting as this thread is, it appears to have gone *slightly* off topic.

back onto transfers, there may not be anyone else coming in but surely we will have some outgoings soon. I can't help but feel that a loan move for Kelman would do him the world of good and if Swindon are still interested in Theo we should listen to them rather than have him not even on the bench
Swindon have NO INTEREST in having Theo back .
They had him long enough last season to see he wasn’t good enough for League 2.

Have you just made that up because you don't like him you old Greek God?

They certainly did want him back, and we should have let him go and got someone better in.

SWINDON Town are keen on signing striker Theo Robinson on a permanent basis from Southend United, according to reports.

It has been reported that Town boss Richie Wellens is keen to snap up the 30-year-old on a permanent deal, adding that any move is unlikely to be completed before the Blues confirm their new manager.

Robinson scored seven goals in 16 games for Town since joining the club on a loan deal until the end of the season on the final day of the January transfer window.

Robinson has himself admitted to being open to signing a fresh deal at the County Ground.

He told BBC Wiltshire: “It has been brilliant here (at Swindon).

“Since day one when I came in, all the lads have been welcoming and all the staff as well. All the fans have been backing me since day dot too.

“I have got another year left at Southend so it’s up to the clubs whether they want to sort something out. If they do, then I would love to do it.”

Absolute nonsense, he was their second highest scorer despite only being there for half a season.

They certainly did want him back, and we should have let him go and got someone better in.

I think we should have let Theo go for his sake too. At least he seems to have been appreciated there, and would no doubt have been happier there than here. And he might even get in their matchday squad.

A poor show from whoever made the decision.

SWINDON Town are keen on signing striker Theo Robinson on a permanent basis from Southend United, according to reports.

It has been reported that Town boss Richie Wellens is keen to snap up the 30-year-old on a permanent deal, adding that any move is unlikely to be completed before the Blues confirm their new manager.

Robinson scored seven goals in 16 games for Town since joining the club on a loan deal until the end of the season on the final day of the January transfer window.

Robinson has himself admitted to being open to signing a fresh deal at the County Ground.

He told BBC Wiltshire: “It has been brilliant here (at Swindon).

“Since day one when I came in, all the lads have been welcoming and all the staff as well. All the fans have been backing me since day dot too.

“I have got another year left at Southend so it’s up to the clubs whether they want to sort something out. If they do, then I would love to do it.”
Your only quotes are from Theo saying he was keen to go there.
We know we were very keen to see the back of him.
So which of the three parties involved wasn’t keen???
I spent the last week of July near Swindon,I do know what I’m talking about. Their manager was saying he had a good sum of money to spend on a DECENT striker! And yes I know he scored a few mostly late tap-in goals there before reverting to the dire form we know all too well.

Your only quotes are from Theo saying he was keen to go there.
We know we were very keen to see the back of him.
So which of the three parties involved wasn’t keen???
I spent the last week of July near Swindon,I do know what I’m talking about. Their manager was saying he had a good sum of money to spend on a DECENT striker! And yes I know he scored a few mostly late tap-in goals there before reverting to the dire form we know all too well.

Their local paper was saying that Wellens wanted to sign him permanent. I think Kevin Bond would have been impressed by his strike rate whilst at Swindon, so kept him here.

Saw a tweet that we’ve signed Samir Carruthers from Sheffield United. It says we paid £170k so I think it’s safe to say it ain’t true!

Saw a tweet that we’ve signed Samir Carruthers from Sheffield United. It says we paid £170k so I think it’s safe to say it ain’t true!

No thanks, MK Dons supporting friend said he was a nightmare. Very similar to Wordsworth in that when he turns up he is one hell of a player but those performances are few and far between. Plus he’s a bit of a ****.

Back