• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Theo brings something different- he has pace, and has a good scoring record. Went to Swindon and did very well.

If we were speculating that we would bring in a L2 striker with 7 in 14 at the end of last season and a decent scoring record overall we would normally be pleased. He has plenty of L1 experience already - another plus.

Also i think KB may feel how he wants to play will suit him better

Personally I think he is a league 2 player and that's as good as he is. He has an awful touch and is not what we need.

Theo was a striker in what was possibly (by all of our understandings) the least creative Southend side many of you had seen? He isn’t a technically gifted player carving out chances for himself. He was a finisher who thrived off being in the right place at the right time and finishing chances......

Judging him on a period where consensus is we had the worst midfield in decades and created nothing for our forwards is harsh in my opinion.

Yes absolutely.

It has nothing to do with who is or isn't a football coach though?

But everyone seems to have an obsession with who is and who isn’t good enough fast enough strong enough or talented enough to play in the Championship when really none of us have any idea what it takes or how good an individual needs to be....yet we discuss it in a matter of fact manner rather than speculate.

For some players playing in the Championship could well be easier than playing in league 1. Much like it made no sense to suggest Wabo not getting games in Conference while on loan meant he couldn’t play at League 1 level. It’s a different skill set completely.

Players like Taylor Moore and Sam hart could well be better suited to Championship where he’s surrounded by better players and the football is more technical based as opposed to hurly burly.

Much the same could be said of Wabo to the Conference....where going on loan to a struggling team was massively more difficult to adjust to than playing at Southend where he was familiar and players/coaches understood his strengths and weaknesses....

By the way this is me just speculating and offering an opinion....and in some cases offering more information or a different understanding.

All the above is true- the opinion is just whether Sam Hart is currently good enough given as you say he may or may not be. I don't think it unreasonable to share it. I suspect in fact we are largely in violent agreement without realising it ..

Violent agreement? I’ve never experienced that before. I like it though ? ?

This may just be negotiating tactics by KB to let Swindon know they're not getting him on a free. I guess it may well come down to what wages Theo is on at the moment and whether KB thinks he can get a better 4th choice striker in within budget. My guess is that Theo may have substituted a high wage for a longer deal and security when he signed his current deal under the PB era. Therefore it may well make sense to keep him rather than let him go - unless of course Swindon will pay a decent fee.

Peterborough brought in their fourth player already. 15 players so far signed up in League 1, 4 from National League, Note not all Peterboroughs signings cost any money, just very brave in taking a CHANCE ON lower league players

Now signed Dan Butler, the left back from Newport also!

Two wingers, Jon Taylor and Ryan Williams, leaving Rotherham as their contracts expire. They have been offered new deals but are looking elsewhere. Both a good age (26 and 25).

Tafazolli refused to sign a new contract as he wanted to play at a higher level, Swansea apparently interested.

P
No fee involved as he's 24. I think more than anything it's Peterborough's reputation of developing young players that attracts them to London Road.
Posh have also just announced the signing of goal keeper Christie Pymm on a 3 year deal from Exeter. Again a free transfer as he is 24. They certainly do their homework and are one step ahead of a lot of other teams.

Just not the teams that got promoted over the last few seasons.

Two wingers, Jon Taylor and Ryan Williams, leaving Rotherham as their contracts expire. They have been offered new deals but are looking elsewhere. Both a good age (26 and 25).

Ryan Williams, YES PLEASE. He absolutely bossed us when they spanked us 5-0 at their place. Although it was Moore that got the hat trick Williams was the best player on the pitch.

Back