• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Already ???

Happy to. My point was simply I don’t think we could afford to lose Simon Cox as he is our most creative player.

If Rigsby or anyone else wants to disagree with that I’m happy to agree to disagree.

Trying to get us back on topic, I wondered whether KB still has contacts at Birmingham - they've released a young striker, Kyle McFarlane, who is free-scoring in their under-23s.

Yes, I know Wabo was too but he's gone now and if as expected Robinson goes too, we'll probably need one more who's reasonably happy to sit on the bench as a back up to the main three of Hopper, Humphrys and Cox - that might allow Kelman and Acquah to go out on loan to a conference club.

He's got an eye for goal as he scored a hat-trick against Col Ewe in the U23s cup last season!

Sam hart will start pre season with Blackburn, so I'm guessing he wont be one of our early signings.

“Sam was brought in to the football club, six feet tall, fast, good left foot, young guy who needed to go out in to the world of men’s football and toughen up in my opinion.

“Then we could see whether he was going to be good enough to play for Blackburn Rovers. He’s been at Southend and didn’t play much at Rochdale but it’s down to Sam. He’ll come back and do pre-season with us, as will a lot of the young players.

“If we think they are ready then they will be part of our squad. If they are not ready then I’m sure the phone will be ringing for our young players and already has for some of our under-23s.”

Doesn't exactly strike me as the talk of a manager keen to retain him, it sounds more like he's being given one last chance to impress before being transfer listed.

Sam Hart be great to have back at Roots Hall and hopefully we get the chance to bring him back

I feel for the lad.
Doesn't exactly strike me as the talk of a manager keen to retain him, it sounds more like he's being given one last chance to impress before being transfer listed.

I’m not sure how you read it that way....

What that says to me is Mowbray thinks he has all the attributes needed to be a player other than he had to find out whether he could tough it out in men’s football....and now he has shown he can it’s up to him what he makes of his talent.

Trying to get us back on topic, I wondered whether KB still has contacts at Birmingham - they've released a young striker, Kyle McFarlane, who is free-scoring in their under-23s.

Yes, I know Wabo was too but he's gone now and if as expected Robinson goes too, we'll probably need one more who's reasonably happy to sit on the bench as a back up to the main three of Hopper, Humphrys and Cox - that might allow Kelman and Acquah to go out on loan to a conference club.

He's got an eye for goal as he scored a hat-trick against Col Ewe in the U23s cup last season!

Anyone that scores 3 against....:COLU: has got to be worth a punt

Sam hart will start pre season with Blackburn, so I'm guessing he wont be one of our early signings.
That’s a problem then. We need a left back before then no point in waiting until it’s too late and then finding he is not available.

That’s a problem then. We need a left back before then no point in waiting until it’s too late and then finding he is not available.

Sam will be laying up stairs on his single bed, constantly checking his phone.....Hoping that he gets a txt from KB.......Communication with parents will be difficult right now.

I see Peterborough are trying to sign highly rated Newport Left back Dan Butler.

He’s a free agent, why are we not in for him then?

Mowbray won't be finding out much about whether Hart is tough enough for mens football in pre-season training or pre-season friendlies- that would need to wait for the real games that start in August and he would need to the actually play him (which he wouldn't).

So assuming he has had him watched regularly he will almost have made his decision if he hasn't already. Defensively he is currently nowhere close to Championship standard and if we have noticed that on here then even Mowbray must be aware.

He does have the ability down the road however to be a decent player at that level. So really its a question of do they sell or loan out again (in which case they would probably do a i yr extension on his contract). One advantage we are going to have in the loan market going forward is we have a very, very good coach (who hopefully will be at least a good manager).

However, we cannot wait until the end of July- may also depend on the players messages (if he says he wants to stay and fight for a place and trains well he will get an extension & as a result it drags too long a nice loan somewhere nice like Accrington, if he says if I cant get reasonably regular first team football I want off then £75k and a big sell on might do it).

Back