• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Mowbray won't be finding out much about whether Hart is tough enough for mens football in pre-season training or pre-season friendlies- that would need to wait for the real games that start in August and he would need to the actually play him (which he wouldn't).

So assuming he has had him watched regularly he will almost have made his decision if he hasn't already. Defensively he is currently nowhere close to Championship standard and if we have noticed that on here then even Mowbray must be aware.

He does have the ability down the road however to be a decent player at that level. So really its a question of do they sell or loan out again (in which case they would probably do a i yr extension on his contract). One advantage we are going to have in the loan market going forward is we have a very, very good coach (who hopefully will be at least a good manager).

However, we cannot wait until the end of July- may also depend on the players messages (if he says he wants to stay and fight for a place and trains well he will get an extension & as a result it drags too long a nice loan somewhere nice like Accrington, if he says if I cant get reasonably regular first team football I want off then £75k and a big sell on might do it).

Mowbray will have enough scientific evidence and enough coach input with analysis and training to notice every single part of Sams game that changed or improved while out on loan.

He’ll have stats, speeds, distances, accelerations, decelerations, areal duels won and lost, tackles won and lost, body contacts....you name it they’ll be able to measure it. He’ll know within a week of entering the building whether he grew up mentally, physically and psychologically during that spell and he’ll see instantly in his performances in training, around the gym and in friendlies whether Sam has developed at all or enough to warrant sticking around the squad and fighting for a spot.

As he says he is the right size, has speed, is talented and left footed. He ticks enough boxes. It was obvious the moment he played his first game which direction he was heading over 10 games.

Why are we (fans) so quick to judge whether a player (first it was Dru, then Taylor and now Sam) is capable of meeting the requirements of Championship football? Based on what experience that any of us have of it, whether that’s playing in it coaching in it watching it live or watching on tv!!!????

Am I the only one who's not convinced Hart can defend?

Not at all. Defensively he was pretty poor and I lost count the amount of times he was caught square and his man ran in behind him. If we’re going to play with wing backs he’d be a good signing, but in a flat back four then I’m far from convinced.

I see Peterborough are trying to sign highly rated Newport Left back Dan Butler.

He’s a free agent, why are we not in for him then?

Maybe we are? I certainly hope so.

I watched the Newport vs Tranmere play off final and immediately commented in another thread that we should be looking to sign him.
The lad can defend and attack. He put in a couple of lovely first time crosses which almost led to goals.
He was attracting Premier league interest back in 2013 whilst at Portsmouth.
He would be a major coup for any league 1 club.

Maybe we are? I certainly hope so.

I watched the Newport vs Tranmere play off final and immediately commented in another thread that we should be looking to sign him.
The lad can defend and attack. He put in a couple of lovely first time crosses which almost led to goals.
He was attracting Premier league interest back in 2013 whilst at Portsmouth.
He would be a major coup for any league 1 club.

From what you say, he sounds decent. However, I doubt we could compete with the wages and fee Peterborough would be prepared to pay

From what you say, he sounds decent. However, I doubt we could compete with the wages and fee Peterborough would be prepared to pay

No fee involved as he's 24. I think more than anything it's Peterborough's reputation of developing young players that attracts them to London Road.
Posh have also just announced the signing of goal keeper Christie Pymm on a 3 year deal from Exeter. Again a free transfer as he is 24. They certainly do their homework and are one step ahead of a lot of other teams.

Peterborough brought in their fourth player already. 15 players so far signed up in League 1, 4 from National League, Note not all Peterboroughs signings cost any money, just very brave in taking a CHANCE ON lower league players

Am I the only one who's not convinced Hart can defend?

Couldn't agree more - it's clear we're obviously in a huge minority who thinks he's extremely over-rated by our fanbase.

Horrendous defensively, great crosser of the ball and can take a man on to be fair to him though. BUT you would not want this man playing in a flat back 4!

If given the choice between Moore and Hart I'd have Moore every single day of the week

Couldn't agree more - it's clear we're obviously in a huge minority who thinks he's extremely over-rated by our fanbase.

Horrendous defensively, great crosser of the ball and can take a man on to be fair to him though. BUT you would not want this man playing in a flat back 4!

If given the choice between Moore and Hart I'd have Moore every single day of the week

Moore is right footed though and looked uncomfortable playing at left-back against Sunderland.

For these reasons of course its Hart we are more likely to get. He has the ability - needs work positionally but there is no way we would get him at all if he were the finished article in that respect.

Mowbray will have enough scientific evidence and enough coach input with analysis and training to notice every single part of Sams game that changed or improved while out on loan.

He’ll have stats, speeds, distances, accelerations, decelerations, areal duels won and lost, tackles won and lost, body contacts....you name it they’ll be able to measure it. He’ll know within a week of entering the building whether he grew up mentally, physically and psychologically during that spell and he’ll see instantly in his performances in training, around the gym and in friendlies whether Sam has developed at all or enough to warrant sticking around the squad and fighting for a spot.

As he says he is the right size, has speed, is talented and left footed. He ticks enough boxes. It was obvious the moment he played his first game which direction he was heading over 10 games.

Why are we (fans) so quick to judge whether a player (first it was Dru, then Taylor and now Sam) is capable of meeting the requirements of Championship football? Based on what experience that any of us have of it, whether that’s playing in it coaching in it watching it live or watching on tv!!!????

To be fair its the point of the forum for us to speculate and have an opinion? If we have to be a qualified football coach to post I dont think it will work quite so well :-)

Meanwhile, the Echo is reporting today that Bond is having talks with Theo with a view to him remaining at Roots Hall. Bond said he is looking forward to seeing Theo during pre season. Not sure how I feel about that Kevin.

Meanwhile, the Echo is reporting today that Bond is having talks with Theo with a view to him remaining at Roots Hall. Bond said he is looking forward to seeing Theo during pre season. Not sure how I feel about that Kevin.
Theo is a perfect 4th choice striker for us.

To be fair its the point of the forum for us to speculate and have an opinion? If we have to be a qualified football coach to post I dont think it will work quite so well :-)

Yes absolutely.

It has nothing to do with who is or isn't a football coach though?

But everyone seems to have an obsession with who is and who isn’t good enough fast enough strong enough or talented enough to play in the Championship when really none of us have any idea what it takes or how good an individual needs to be....yet we discuss it in a matter of fact manner rather than speculate.

For some players playing in the Championship could well be easier than playing in league 1. Much like it made no sense to suggest Wabo not getting games in Conference while on loan meant he couldn’t play at League 1 level. It’s a different skill set completely.

Players like Taylor Moore and Sam hart could well be better suited to Championship where he’s surrounded by better players and the football is more technical based as opposed to hurly burly.

Much the same could be said of Wabo to the Conference....where going on loan to a struggling team was massively more difficult to adjust to than playing at Southend where he was familiar and players/coaches understood his strengths and weaknesses....

By the way this is me just speculating and offering an opinion....and in some cases offering more information or a different understanding.

Back