• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Lennon yet to impress, but injuries restricted him considerably last year. He is reputably and surprisingly very quick, if not the quickest. Be interesting to see how he goes with a decent run, but showed little commanding presence or pace when I watched his limited number of games last year and as said made a number of clumsy muck ups

Yes, it was John White who mentioned it on the Trade Price cars video. If you haven't seen it, it's a very good watch.

Lennon yet to impress, but injuries restricted him considerably last year. He is reputably and surprisingly very quick, if not the quickest. Be interesting to see how he goes with a decent run, but showed little commanding presence or pace when I watched his limited number of games last year and as said made a number of clumsy muck ups

Agree he is quick which is a big asset for a centre back, Spencer Prior for example. What I have noticed though is that Lennon looks like one of those players that has a big mistake in him most games.

Micah Richards is without a club, experienced, big (ish) lad, not slow.
He is an example but here ought to be a fair number of possibles about for CB.

Agree he is quick which is a big asset for a centre back, Spencer Prior for example. What I have noticed though is that Lennon looks like one of those players that has a big mistake in him most games.

As do most defenders though below championship level which is why they are where they are.
That’s not a criticism of Lennon but just to highlight he is not alone.

As do most defenders though below championship level which is why they are where they are.
That’s not a criticism of Lennon but just to highlight he is not alone.

We all like the block head 6ft 4" non nonsense CB......If they have just won their last 5 headers in a row, had a couple of brave blocks and made the oppo's poncey number 10 go quiet after a couple crunching tackles......Don't collectively groan in the stands when one bounces of the big lads shin.....especially when nothing comes from it.

Powerful centre half, pacy winger and hard man midfielder. Then we are done.

That's if the walking wounded all return.

Hopper and Demetriou are needed but I think Humphreys will be our 20 goal striker this season.

The hard man midfielder has already been signed in the shape of the Australian captain.
X2 wingers (now that Kightly has retired) and a centre half needed IMHO.

The hard man midfielder has already been signed in the shape of the Australian captain.
X2 wingers (now that Kightly has retired) and a centre half needed IMHO.

Good assessment, Lincoln Shrimp. I agree another centre-half is a priority. But surely we only need only one winger. We already have McLaughlin and Barrett (soon to be on the comeback trail), and we rarely play with two wingers. It will be interesting to see if KB will now pursue his interest in Callum Roberts now that Kightly is departing. It was not clear why Roberts ended his trial with us.

We desperately need a winger with pace which will add something in the final third as well as giving us an out ball.
A further wide midfielder is still needed as well as although we have an abundance of midfielders, the majority all play centrally.

We desperately need a winger with pace which will add something in the final third as well as giving us an out ball.
A further wide midfielder is still needed as well as although we have an abundance of midfielders, the majority all play centrally.

Theo Robinson?

With Ox punting the ball 70yds and Humphrys flicking it on, Theo would be ideal to cut inside a full back. He has great pace for L1 but more importantly he reads the off-side really well and can play right on the shoulder of a defender.

Theo Robinson?

With Ox punting the ball 70yds and Humphrys flicking it on, Theo would be ideal to cut inside a full back. He has great pace for L1 but more importantly he reads the off-side really well and can play right on the shoulder of a defender.
Some validity in what you say,but sadly the poor bloke can’t shoot,can’t pass nor even dream about controlling the ball properly.This would explain why Swindon didn’t want him either.
( I did see the one excellent goal,and the others,he scored there.)

Theo Robinson?

I hope not. Theo is not a winger.

Some validity in what you say,but sadly the poor bloke can’t shoot,can’t pass nor even dream about controlling the ball properly.This would explain why Swindon didn’t want him either.
( I did see the one excellent goal,and the others,he scored there.)

Not sure where you got that one from.

What about his lovely chip over the keeper for Cox and 3 points v Fleetwood.
The ball to Hopper at Bristol R for 3 pointss or even his pace from a JW 'hoof' to create the goal with a pass to kightly at home to Crawley.......Apart from that what have the Romans ever done for us.

Theo Robinson?

I normally agree with pretty much everything you say Rigsby, but not on this occasion. Playing on the wing is not Theo's natural position and I think the team's shape would suffer as a consequence if we played him there. He doesn't possess the football intelligence to play in that position either. I much prefer him as an impact substitute playing down the middle.
I'm guessing we will have to let him move to Swindon on order to free up some budget if we are to get the natural wide man we need though.

There's a difference between a 442 winger, a proper winger, and a 433 winger who is more of a wide forward. I think Theo could do a job in 433 but not in 442.

Back