• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Understandable. Kick-off in the afternoon and you’re at the mercy of the inevitable Central Florida afternoon humidity and thunder storm/monsoon.
Sarasota played Derby County tonight with a 6.00pm kick off it was still around 80 degrees then...with stupid high humidity...

Somehow I can't see Hart or Moore coming back, they were both Chris Powell signings. Kevin Bond will want to bring in his own choice of player, maybe he is looking at something different to Hart and Moore?

I certainly can't see Hart coming back, now we have Ralph. In any case Hart didn't exactly set the world on fire, he did a job. With Moore, as much as I liked what he did, unless we can sign him permanently then we need to look elsewhere. The key to our needs really depend on whether Bond sees Lennon as first choice or cover.

I thought Hart seem to grow into it quite well and get better and better through each game, closing in on man of the Match a few times, plus he is quite young, mobile and learning as well as good mates with Moore, which sometimes helps morale wise

I was wondering when do we pick up our £1.5m sky and solidarity payment ? to help fund wages and any further enhancements, although the average pay for a league one player is quoted as £9000 a month. No doubt kind MR. Kightly and Turner were on more than that, although our Aussie star would have surely cost a few sheckles

Some personal opinions here from me; Hart - nice player, got better as he played more games, will get stronger BUT unless we can sign him why would he come back with Ralph the more obvious first pick LB?
Moore - nice player when ball to feet, 2 inches too short and not 100% tackling when faced off with the likes of big CF like Akinfenwa, or the guy who just left Gills. Similar and slight upgrade on Adam Thomson: but we need a Prior, Scully, Barratt, Philips, Sodje, Clark or Clarke type; better still (on their good days) an Egan or Devite.

Some personal opinions here from me; Hart - nice player, got better as he played more games, will get stronger BUT unless we can sign him why would he come back with Ralph the more obvious first pick LB?
Moore - nice player when ball to feet, 2 inches too short and not 100% tackling when faced off with the likes of big CF like Akinfenwa, or the guy who just left Gills. Similar and slight upgrade on Adam Thomson: but we need a Prior, Scully, Barratt, Philips, Sodje, Clark or Clarke type; better still (on their good days) an Egan or Devite.

Egan and Devite are two examples of the loan system working well for us.

If Bond is tight on budget for another 12 months after inheriting a few duds, then loans are clearly the best option

Where did you hear that?

Ron told a few of us at the cancer charity evening. Someone had mentioned Thommo turning up to watch a game at RH.

Ron was not happy with the way Thompson conducted himself that summer. PB was hardly happy and then fuming when Atkinson done the same.

For what its worth Ron came across quite well when talking about players and contracts etc.....Obviously we were only getting one side of the story.

He isn't the type of centre half we need. Plus IF they stay fully fit then Kiernan and Lennon should be our first choice pairing. Trouble is them plus White and Kyprianou aren't commanding 6"4+ that will win most balls in the air. And Thompson doesn't fit that category either. Turner did

Still not massively sold on Lennon. Seems very injury prone and I think pretty much every game I’ve seen him play he’s made at least one balls up.

My preference would be for Moore or a big lump to play alongside Kiernan as our first choice pairing. That leaves us White and Lennon covering centre back and Kyprianou covering centre back and left back. Let Elvis and Demetriou do battle for right back and defence is sorted.

Still not massively sold on Lennon. Seems very injury prone and I think pretty much every game I’ve seen him play he’s made at least one balls up.

My preference would be for Moore or a big lump to play alongside Kiernan as our first choice pairing. That leaves us White and Lennon covering centre back and Kyprianou covering centre back and left back. Let Elvis and Demetriou do battle for right back and defence is sorted.

To be fair though, Lennon hasn’t had a run of games yet to get into any kind of form. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with him this year.

To be fair though, Lennon hasn’t had a run of games yet to get into any kind of form. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with him this year.
He reputedly cost us £50k so he must have something to be worth a fee. I'm with you Spiffy, lets see how he does early on. As I remember we doubted Kiernan's ability to put a run of games together, and he's proved us wrong.

Also with Lennon, his injuries have been contact injuries resulting in fractures and not muscle/ ligament ones. It’s these injuries that are potentially recurring whereas fractures a little more bad luck.

I certainly can't see Hart coming back, now we have Ralph. In any case Hart didn't exactly set the world on fire, he did a job. With Moore, as much as I liked what he did, unless we can sign him permanently then we need to look elsewhere. The key to our needs really depend on whether Bond sees Lennon as first choice or cover.

Lennon’s fitness will determine whether he’s first choice or cover. Can’t trust someone to be your first choice centre half if he’s gonna break down every 3 games

Also with Lennon, his injuries have been contact injuries resulting in fractures and not muscle/ ligament ones. It’s these injuries that are potentially recurring whereas fractures a little more bad luck.

It could just be he’s made of glass

Lennon yet to impress, but injuries restricted him considerably last year. He is reputably and surprisingly very quick, if not the quickest. Be interesting to see how he goes with a decent run, but showed little commanding presence or pace when I watched his limited number of games last year and as said made a number of clumsy muck ups

Back