• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Can we just consign taylor moore to the ex shrimpers forum. As others have said he was a Powell signing. If he was going to sign for us he would have done. Bond is surely looking at a different type of centre back.

His effort was commendable, but I’m sorry , the ‘effort’ thing just clouded peoples views and he really wasn’t very good IMO.
People that run around a lot and try to make decent tackles always make fans think they are our saviour, but to me it doesn’t have the same effect - sorry Timlin fans

Well im old enough to remember Ron Poutney. Imho the only difference in your description of Timlin and Poutney is that Poutney although running around a lot generally arrived to late to make a decent tackle.

No fishing. Just my memory from the West Stand (standing only (obviously)). His effort enabled Dave Smith to play an alleged (I was to young to analyse it) 4-2-4 formation.

That's going to go down well!!!

Totally laughable that anyone suggesting White might be worth keeping should allude to his goal scoring prowess!
I was behind the goal at Scunthorpe when his mi**** cross(how appropriate!) drifted in—it was his first ever goal in approximately 250 appearances.Wikipedia now tells us he now has AMASSED 7 goals in 425 league and cup appearances.

Dictionary definition: gather together or accumulate over a period of time.

Wiki spot on.

If you want to have a go at JW then do but don't be lazy and ill-informed

PS. To many 'nows' in your last sentence.

Well im old enough to remember Ron Poutney. Imho the only difference in your description of Timlin and Poutney is that Poutney although running around a lot generally arrived to late to make a decent tackle.

No fishing. Just my memory from the West Stand (standing only (obviously)). His effort enabled Dave Smith to play an alleged (I was to young to analyse it) 4-2-4 formation.

He is coming to do some decorating for me . I don’t think I will show him that!

Not just him... Micky Laverick was key in that two man midfield who, as you say, put so much effort in it was like playing 4-4-4.

And FWIW I think you're being a touch harsh on Ron. Wee Dave Cunningham was the one who kept arriving late...

I think the Russ Abbott 'gag' was Basildon Bond?
yep, my dad used to work as a car salesman for Lex rover and us kids got the freebies they used to give away with cars. One of which was a "comedy" cassette with various comedians promoting Austin Rover. Anyway for some reason as a kid I used to play it all the time (even though it was rubbish). The joke was "the names bond, basil bond, but my friends call me by my middle name Don" I listened to it hundreds of times because I was a weird kid.

Back