• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Evans is after 4 more at Gillingham to take his total intake to 13 !! Up to now the nine brought in are freebies and loans but he says a cash sum is on the table for a higher level striker as he only has 2 senior pros upfront and is after another left back, additional forward and defender. He thinks they will then have a larger , better squad
All the new potential incumbents seem to be known to Evans personally and two current triallists he claims to have attempted to sign before , last year at the unmentionables

Bolton and Bury cant sign anyone and Bury players have been told they can leave, hence Adam Thompson sniffing around.
Both are on the cards for the 12 point deduction but I suppose it will be a 6 pointer when they meet for the televised game on Sky on September 8th, a draw would be good ??!

Evans has let a lot of players go as well. The number he has signed is probably not surprisingly. I see that Eaves has gone to hull City. The unmentionables signed George Boyd yesterday. An ex player aged 34, will it work ?

I did find an interesting article on Sunderland and finances. This is the last year of their parachute payment, but have to cut their outgoings to stay within the financial rules. One of the reasons for Cattermole going. Their wages budget is still way better than any other Club, but if they don't get promotion this year, could be a big problem for them next year.

Ipswich are also working to a tight budget and although they have received some decent sell on fees, Lambert can't use that money to strengthen the squad. The supporters up here are quite confident, but I think they are in for a rude awakening.

Despite our apparent lack of numbers, I am not worried just yet. I am confident, Bond will get the players he wants.

Bolton and Bury cant sign anyone and Bury players have been told they can leave, hence Adam Thompson sniffing around.
Both are on the cards for the 12 point deduction but I suppose it will be a 6 pointer when they meet for the televised game on Sky on September 8th, a draw would be good ??!

When will deductions be allocated to the teams?

Seems a bit harsh to keep the league waiting with the season fast approaching.

Sounds like Jordan is way down Bond's list of preferred centre backs.
Hopefully we are close to signing a beast of a defender who can dominate against even the most physical of centre forwards.

Not just him... Micky Laverick was key in that two man midfield who, as you say, put so much effort in it was like playing 4-4-4.

And FWIW I think you're being a touch harsh on Ron. Wee Dave Cunningham was the one who kept arriving late...
So did Nile RANGER !

COREY Jordan has returned to Bournemouth after finishing his trial with Southend United.

More...

He looked okay but not physically imposing enough imo. Even though it was only against Billericay but it stuck out like a sore thumb how short a side we are. If we’re to improve at defending set pieces we need to sign someone who’s a bit of a unit

We have a current fit squad of just 17 of which 6 are youngsters . The injured 7 will not be pre season fit and some will not make the start. So unless we strengthen quickly we will need our youngsters to step up to the plate and show their talent and some consistency. Fortunately Bwomono , Bishop and Yearwood are more than capable of doing just that, and our squad age is coming down nicely. Im hoping Klass, Hutchinson and Kelman can continue to show more strength, guile and energy if given the opportunity, but clearly the squad is under strength with 10 leaving and just 3 coming in , and 7 on the treatment table, although that may not be too much longer for Cox and Dieng.
Fingers crossed for some strengthening over the next week

We have a current fit squad of just 17 of which 6 are youngsters . The injured 7 will not be pre season fit and some will not make the start. So unless we strengthen quickly we will need our youngsters to step up to the plate and show their talent and some consistency. Fortunately Bwomono , Bishop and Yearwood are more than capable of doing just that, and our squad age is coming down nicely. Im hoping Klass, Hutchinson and Kelman can continue to show more strength, guile and energy if given the opportunity, but clearly the squad is under strength with 10 leaving and just 3 coming in , and 7 on the treatment table, although that may not be too much longer for Cox and Dieng.
Fingers crossed for some strengthening over the next week

Stop scare mongering, everyone's still on holiday

17 sounds very low, we have 29 in the first team squad at present although 6 of those are young lads who will probably be on the bench or playing for the under 23 team. Of course quantity is not everything, for clubs of our size injuries can play a major part because most lower league clubs rely on a small core of real quality players, and if they get injured the replacments are often not quite as good.

Would have said that today's starting line up is as strong as we have at the moment, losing 1-0 to Exeter at HT. Not been a great pre season results wise so far. I agree its about fitness, but would be nice to win a game or two especially against lower opposition. So far only Billericay beaten

17 sounds very low, we have 29 in the first team squad at present although 6 of those are young lads who will probably be on the bench or playing for the under 23 team. Of course quantity is not everything, for clubs of our size injuries can play a major part because most lower league clubs rely on a small core of real quality players, and if they get injured the replacments are often not quite as good.

It's ignoring the u23s. We've played 2 different sides for each pre-season friendly before today, so that's at least 22 players.

Starting to feel a little concerned. Only a few weeks until the start of the season and as now on paper i feel we have one of the poorest squad in the division.

Back