• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Who do you think will stay and who do you think will leave ?

It seems a lot of people think Humphries will leave .....

Sol ?

Will RM sell our best assetts ?

Kelman ? Hutchinson ?

The most imprtant man for me is the fitness guy ? Will he come back ?

Elvis ?

the questions go on and on ....

Sol ?

Kelman ? Hutchinson ?

Elvis ?

RM has said we will be ok money wise, not sure I believe this but I wouldn’t sell our best assetts as you say as it will be our best chance of going back up in the near future, we will sign any players ? I think we won’t be in a place to buy players but I think we will get free transfers in and loan signings, if that’s good enough to get us back up I don’t no.

If relegation to Lg2 wasn’t bad enough, we have to consider that this Coronavirus is going to have lasting effects on the finances.

So for starters, I cannot see how we can operate in Lg2, with a reduction of income, and still afford the wages of Sol & his team.

Some players will definitely be leaving, although that won’t necessarily be money related. Some I’d suggest, have had enough of it here, and some won’t want to play in Lg2. I’d be hopeful that we can keep the core of our youngsters. Mantom & Hyam will be gone, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Demi, Oxley, Elvis, Lennon & Hump follow. Holding onto Kelman will be tough.

I do expect Ron to be able to access outside investment easier now that the Council have cleared the first hurdle towards the new stadium, but I don’t think we’ll be splashing the cash, so to speak.

My preference would be, continue the cost cutting exercise we began in January, and aim for a season of consolidation - which after the last 2 years, will be a welcome relief tbh.

What Ron can not afford, is the stadium to be held up, or derailed any longer. The plan is to be on site in March/April

I found it very interesting that we activated a clause in Dieng's contract to keep him for another year. Most league 1/2 clubs are basically having to release all of their out of contract players.
Lincoln for example released 2 of their best players (Neil Eardley and Michael Bostwick) stating simply that they had no choice due to the uncertainty of how things will look in the short /medium term.

I found it very interesting that we activated a clause in Dieng's contract to keep him for another year. Most league 1/2 clubs are basically having to release all of their out of contract players.
Lincoln for example released 2 of their best players (Neil Eardley and Michael Bostwick) stating simply that they had no choice due to the uncertainty of how things will look in the short /medium term.

True that, if we have money problems, Ron wouldn’t activated Dieng’s contract for another year, I can see Dieng will be an important part of our team, as he would be an quality midfielder for League 2, allowing our young pacy attack to focus on what they good at. He would be an base of an 4-2-3-1 formation which will allow our youngest to play with freedom.

True that, if we have money problems, Ron wouldn’t activated Dieng’s contract for another year, I can see Dieng will be an important part of our team, as he would be an quality midfielder for League 2, allowing our young pacy attack to focus on what they good at. He would be an base of an 4-2-3-1 formation which will allow our youngest to play with freedom.
Yes agree re the finances.

I always thought Diengs best games were when he was more forward or when he played centre back. As a general midfielder never really thought he shined, although he was always my outside bet to score a goal, use to have a couple of quid on him to score anytime during every home game. Never won much lol

Sol ?

Kelman ? Hutchinson ?

Elvis ?

Humphrys will be dependant on if Sol stays and if he goes who comes in. Donny bid for him before they will probably come back in again and I can imagine he would be an attractive target for any League One club.

Elvis, he’s been excellent and will have no doubt alerted a lot of clubs. I hope we can hold onto him, make him captain!

Kelman is a class act I think he would benefit staying and having a full season with us. He’s still young and a season in League Two would definitely toughen him up. The vultures will be circling and we don’t have to sell him and we could do what we did with Bentley.

Hutchinson will go if Sol is the manager, he obviously doesn’t fancy him for some reason. Not sure why, his missus is fit too :Smile:

The fitness bloke again all depends on whether Sol stays, unless Ron could convince him. You can see he has made a massive impact on the squads fitness. If he isn’t staying then a decent fitness and conditioning coach is a must!

As for the rest, other than the kids I wouldn’t be too bothered if they all went. I like McLaughlin and Oxley, wouldn’t mind keeping them but as for the rest not too fussed.

I thought much the same with the finances, at a time when other clubs were stating that no-one would be renewed we offered a good number of new deals to youngsters and triggered extensions, I wouldn't expect us to be throwing money around but IF Ron refinanced in Feb as he claimed for next season then we should be in a decent position, don't forget that we aren't in a vacum with regards to the Covid-19 situation, all clubs will be short of money and no player will be voluntarily looking to leave as it will most likely be on worse terms than they are already on.

I also don't buy that sol is on his way out, he joined us when we were as good as down and must have had some input into the new deals that were handed out

Oxley and Milligan are the ones to watch I think.

They'll be amongst our biggest earners. Oxley is under contract, Milligan has a an option to extend. Between the pair it will probably tell us what Ron expects the financial picture to be.

Remember we've already off-loaded expensive deadwood like Cox, Ridgewell and Kiernan. McLaughlin, Mantom, Milligan, Hyam, White, Shaughnessy are all high earners who are out of contract and can be let go if the finances aren't there.

I think the only remaining senior professionals under contract are Oxley, Demetriou, Ralph, Lennon and Dieng. The rest are kids (I include Humprhys, Bwomono, Kelman, Clifford etc amongst them) whose wages should be affordable in L2.

Oxley and Milligan are the ones to watch I think.

They'll be amongst our biggest earners. Oxley is under contract, Milligan has a an option to extend. Between the pair it will probably tell us what Ron expects the financial picture to be.

Remember we've already off-loaded expensive deadwood like Cox, Ridgewell and Kiernan. McLaughlin, Mantom, Milligan, Hyam, White, Shaughnessy are all high earners who are out of contract and can be let go if the finances aren't there.

I think the only remaining senior professionals under contract are Oxley, Demetriou, Ralph, Lennon and Dieng. The rest are kids (I include Humprhys, Bwomono, Kelman, Clifford etc amongst them) whose wages should be affordable in L2.

Milligan deserves plaudits this season. He hasn’t always been spectacular, but he genuinely cares & works hard. His professionalism has been second to none.

I would suggest that aside from finances, it will depend on who’s at the helm. I wouldnt be surprised to see him him slip into a coaching role with the club, if not carry on for one more season.

He isn’t happy with how things have gone during his time here. The unprofessionalism from some teammates & management have taken their toll on him. That’s why I say he deserves some plaudits, because he has played through injuries, and shown the upmost commitment to the cause.

I understand a lot of people will instantly rubbish that, but facts will always outweigh feelings.

Also, regarding Milligan, I thought that was part of the deal when he joined i.e. finish his playing career with us then move over to the coaching side. Mind, things change of course but I hope he stays in some capacity - his experience isn't to be sniffed at.

Is this because it gives us an option to sell him on? Wondering if there's an ulterior motive

Also, regarding Milligan, I thought that was part of the deal when he joined i.e. finish his playing career with us then move over to the coaching side. Mind, things change of course but I hope he stays in some capacity - his experience isn't to be sniffed at.
He was brilliant in last few games, showed why he was playing at the World Cup in 2018. He would be an asset in League 2, as our kids would be his leg, while he can do what he good at, doing all the dirty work & rough things up.

If Sol goes then the whole dynamic changes and we will be in another Sturrock type situation .With the hoofers and cloggers in this division half this squad won't cope with the reality of league 2 football

He was brilliant in last few games, showed why he was playing at the World Cup in 2018. He would be an asset in League 2, as our kids would be his leg, while he can do what he good at, doing all the dirty work & rough things up.
If he wants to get into coaching, which he clearly does, actually L2 next year and the likely increased reliance on youngsters is probably to him a great opportunity.

L2 level his legs going a little will be less important and he can be a major influence on the pitch, and have the opportunity to help develop the younger squad off it. The question would be to what extent would he accept a reduced deal to do it. I think as long as he and his family are settled locally then their is a good chance he will want too- I dont think he is in the situation where there is one last big payday- he needs that route into coaching.

As always in the current backdrop all bets are off..

I know it's good to be positive but some of the views in this thread are amazing....it almost sounds like we've got a squad full of decent players coming off a great season. The reality is we started the season with a squad rammed full of expensive has-beens and donkeys. If we lost them all and started from scratch it wouldn't be a serious loss.

I'd keep Charlie Kelman, Elvis and the promising youngsters given the chance but everyone else I would have been happy to offload in November. Results have shown them to be completely unfit to wear the shirt and that applies to any football league shirt.

Back